Author Topic: Ray Allen's status for Game 6 not known/Kendrick Perkins dOUTbtful for Game 6.  (Read 443 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Allen leaves quickly for child’s health issue

6 hours, 41 minutes ago

AP - Jun 16, 9:09 am EDT NBA Gallery LOS ANGELES (AP)—Boston guard Ray Allen left Staples Center quickly after Game 5 of the NBA finals Sunday night because of a health concern involving one of his children.

The Celtics didn’t give specifics, but released a statement in which coach Doc Rivers asked that, “You please respect Ray’s privacy at this time, and we’ll keep you up to date as best we can moving forward.”

Allen has a daughter, Tierra, and sons Walter Ray Allen III and Walker.

Allen scored 16 points on 4-of-13 shooting in the Celtics’ 103-98 loss to the Los Angeles Lakers. His status for Game 6 on Tuesday in Boston is not known.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kendrick Perkins doubtful for Game 6

By Sam Rubenstein

Mutoni is on his way back from Cali today. Even though the Lakers were far from impressive after the first quarter last night, and they are heading into an environment where the home fans will be bloodthirsty for a championship, L.A. still has one advantage: health. Perk did not play in game 5, and that allowed Pau Gasol to grab rebounds and stuff. Right now it looks like Perk will miss out on game 6 as well.

“It’s a good question,” Perkins said of whether he could play the rest of the series. “I couldn’t tell you. I can raise my arm, but there’s just a lot of pain right now. I don’t know if I can take a hard hit on it. When we get back to Boston I’m supposed to get an MRI on it, and then we’ll know more about it.”

And the more cocky:

“Well, I can still hold up the trophy,” Perkins said. “It’s very disappointing. It’s not often that you get to the Finals. This is a very important game, but if you can’t play, then you can’t play.”

So, can the Celtics wrap up the title without their starting center?

That, and the fact the KG is one of the biggest choke-artists of all time should be more than enough to have Boston currently shitting their pants. 8)

WestCoasta

^  relax man, wait til Game 7 to talk shit about who's scared

PLANT

last game of the season is game 6

LAKERS ARE DONE SON!
« Last Edit: June 16, 2008, 02:40:28 PM by PLANT »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

^  relax man, wait til Game 7 to talk shit about who's scared

I mean in regards to them playing minus a starting player(s) in their rotation...any team would be worried. Lakers will be playing freely, with nothing to lose, while Boston will feel an urgency in Game 6 to not choke away a 3-1 lead. KG is not known for stepping up and taking control of the challenges he faces. The main thing going for them right now is Paul Pierce. Kobe is overdue for one of those huge games...Pierce has been playing out his mind, and I don't know how long he can keep it up for. Either way, Game 6 should be great...PeACe

hisairness

• Muthafuckin' OG
Celtics in a game 6 blowout.
NIK - World's worst moderator.

Corporate Hustler

celtics missing half their starters.. the lakers may have a chance

OchoCinco

tahts too bad for allen...i mean i want lakers to win but i hope his kid is all good

Matty

lakers blew a massive lead again, lol. i really don't see how a team can allow that to happen twice in a row. celtics did choke a little at the end though, the game was there for the taking but they choked and lakers finished it nicely. i think its all down to game 6 - i can see the lakers getting real confident and having a better chance if it goes to 7. no doubt they've been the poorer side so far though.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Ray Allen is going to play...it's confirmed.

"THE" MoSav

GarNOT will def choke i have no doubt about that, Pierce is gonna have to win it, i have no faith in garNOT in a big fourth qrtr situation

The Best of 3 Worlds

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
If the Celtics blow this 3-1 lead, I will hit my head against the wall 5 minutes long for once thinking Garnett is one of the greatest at his position  :-X
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
Both Allen & Perkins will ball tonight.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

^Perkins is still a game-time decision.

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
With or without Perkins.
Lakers in 7  8)
What a season, Let's take this!

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I hope this issue with this child is not bothering Allen too much, it would be pitiful to see him play like his did against the Cavs  :-X
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin