Author Topic: The Dark Knight's Official Hype/Review Thread  (Read 4806 times)

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: The Dark Knight's Official Hype/Review Thread
« Reply #120 on: July 22, 2008, 07:46:53 PM »
they will go with some lesser known villain.. they've already said no to using catwoman and the penguin. my guess is they will use someone like 'black mask' since the mob seems to be so heavily featured in this series

ya i have read that also but then again, last movie it was obvious the joker was gonna be that guy but if they can why not keep a suprise for the next one? I also read he wanted to take characters that werent featured in any films so maybe the main vilan will be a character never used on fim while the penguin or catwoman having a secondary role.

Sriram619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #121 on: July 23, 2008, 12:14:32 PM »
you guys dont think two face is coming back

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #122 on: July 23, 2008, 01:28:41 PM »
no.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

LAZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #123 on: July 23, 2008, 02:24:30 PM »
no, two face is dead. Joker & Scarecrow are in jail. The next one will have a new bad guy i bet. Penguin and Superman wouldnt fit in to theme of a Batman in present time in the United States, all the bad guys have been real people and their ooutfits were shit me and you could wear. the other Batmans it was like they were in a comic book/Tim Burton creation the town was dark and had weird buildings and the characters were TIm Burtons interputation

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #124 on: July 23, 2008, 02:47:01 PM »
", the ending of TDK seemed to suggest that Harvey Dent/Two-Face was dead, although producer Emma Thomas told IGN after an early press screening that Dent's last scene was ambiguous enough to suggest that perhaps he was still alive."

Lunatic

« Reply #125 on: July 25, 2008, 04:17:45 PM »
Just got back from seeing it for the first time.

Before I give my thoughts, let me say that I have never read a single Batman comic book lol but am a big fan of the movies and have seen them all. When I first heard Joker was being re-done I (as many I am sure) said to myself "what the fuck? Nicholson was WAY too good for them to do this over."

I then saw the trailer and was anticipated to see Heath's take on it. I saw it today (a bit late) and was told by MANY that Heath's performance was fantastic (obvi) and it raised my expectations for him to what I thought was unmeetable.

Well holy fuck, Heath somehow surpassed what I thought was my unrealistic expectations. He was beyond fantastic and no doubt deserves the Oscar. NO doubt.

Heath > Nicholson and that shocks me, but that's really how it is.

I agree with the dude who said Bale seems the weakest link IMO when in Batman mode. He's fine as Bruce Wayne but in Batman mode, I don't like him at all.

still, fantastic film, movie of the year.

RIP Heath
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

NiCc_FrUm_ThA_nO

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • EastSide But I Represent The Whole F
« Reply #126 on: July 25, 2008, 04:27:56 PM »
^ Better late than never, no doubt that Ledger deserves that oscar. Saw it for the 2nd time yesterday, still blown away by it.

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #127 on: July 25, 2008, 06:56:15 PM »
word,ledger made Jokers psychosis gritty and realistic. not sayin jack wasnt believable but it came off cartoony here and there IMO(which maybe what he was goin for). but from his speech,mannerisms,walk etc. ledger owned that role.

Makaveli's Food & Liquor

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #128 on: July 25, 2008, 07:59:55 PM »
I had tickets booked for this for about a month and it finally came out over here in the UK, i was really hyped for it, and it didnt dissapoint, this movie is on a standard above every other Batman, and is easily Movie of the Year so far.

Heath Ledger was absolutely amazing, i've never been so amazed by a performance, and it'll be a crime if he isnt awarded an oscar.

The overall movie was clean, everyone acted brilliantly, there were one or two things i disliked (Two-Faces face which was unrealistic) but the movie was still great, i cant get over heaths performance as the Joker, and to be honest my main dissapointment is that i wanna see a third now with the Joker but of course that cant happen. I really wanna go see it again but im going away to Egypt for Hols, hopefully it'll still be out at the cinemas when i come back.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #129 on: July 25, 2008, 09:19:14 PM »
It could go wrong if Nolan backs out  :'(

Pay that man whatever he wants. I want no other director touching Batman until after 3. After 3, Schumacher can comeback for all I care, but leave 3 for Nolan and let the series come to an end.

Just got back from seeing it for the first time.

Before I give my thoughts, let me say that I have never read a single Batman comic book lol but am a big fan of the movies and have seen them all. When I first heard Joker was being re-done I (as many I am sure) said to myself "what the fuck? Nicholson was WAY too good for them to do this over."

I then saw the trailer and was anticipated to see Heath's take on it. I saw it today (a bit late) and was told by MANY that Heath's performance was fantastic (obvi) and it raised my expectations for him to what I thought was unmeetable.

Well holy fuck, Heath somehow surpassed what I thought was my unrealistic expectations. He was beyond fantastic and no doubt deserves the Oscar. NO doubt.

Heath > Nicholson and that shocks me, but that's really how it is.

I agree with the dude who said Bale seems the weakest link IMO when in Batman mode. He's fine as Bruce Wayne but in Batman mode, I don't like him at all.

still, fantastic film, movie of the year.

RIP Heath

Congradulations. I will say that Bale as Batman was actually a great performance, and that it came off how Batman vs. Joker usually does. With other villians, the Batman character usually holds it's own as a personality and can outshine his rival. But as a character in general, Joker outshines Batman, and is usually needed, as Batman is such a dark and serious hero that a colorful and charismatic villian is needed to truly lift the Batman character. That why the Batman stories all have to have Joker, his the Ying that completes the Batman Yang. Next to Joker, Batman always is boring, no matter if it's Michael Keaton, the cartoon or whatever comic you want, Joker is the star and dispite Bale showing a great Batman in Batman Begins, Batman is supporting actor to Joker, no matter Jack Nicholson, cartoon or comic. It's just kind of the story.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #130 on: July 25, 2008, 11:30:09 PM »
yeah i really liked Bale in this movie, he was corny in begins in my opinion, but i like him as batman just as much as if not better than keaton. when he gets pissed, he's got those teeth that look like a vampire, kinda ironic since garry oldman is in this movie,lol.

but bale is not a weak spot......i'll even say maggie gyllanamahall (sp?) >>>>katie holmes (obviously not in the looks department) but more believable in the role. nice swap out.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #131 on: July 25, 2008, 11:41:14 PM »
i'll even say maggie gyllanamahall (sp?) >>>>katie holmes (obviously not in the looks department) but more believable in the role. nice swap out.
i think she was the only weak spot in the movie...she just doesnt stand-out to me at all...plus shes ugly as sin but thats my opinion

NiCc_FrUm_ThA_nO

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #132 on: July 26, 2008, 03:05:34 PM »
2 more records broken

BIGGEST SINGLE-DAY SUNDAY GROSS WITH $43,596,151 (THIS BEATS THE $39,937,865 SET BY "SPIDER-MAN 3" ON ITS DEBUT WEEKEND).

FASTEST SPRINT TO $200 MILLION DOMESTICALLY IN JUST FIVE DAYS.

Lunatic

« Reply #133 on: July 26, 2008, 03:11:30 PM »
I may go see it again tonight! lol
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

NiCc_FrUm_ThA_nO

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #134 on: July 26, 2008, 03:15:27 PM »
^ Seeing it for the 2nd time is just as great as the first. it made me pay attention to the dialogue more. The interrogation scene when Joker gave the locations of Rachel n Dent to batman how he switched em up i thot that was great.