Author Topic: The Dark Knight's Official Hype/Review Thread  (Read 4812 times)

The Watcher

Re: The Dark Knight's Official Hype/Review Thread
« Reply #90 on: July 20, 2008, 04:21:35 AM »
if i was fucked up like twoface, i wouldnt want my body shown at the funeral. he fell what, 4 or 5 stories and wasnt moving, if he was alive they would've given us a shot of him in arkham or jail or whatever. since the nolan's said that they are treating this movie like its the final one, my guess is that what we see is what we get. harvey appears dead, so he's dead ..

we will get catwoman (hints dropped in the movie) + the riddler if there is a next movie, or maybe the return of scarecrow
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #91 on: July 20, 2008, 04:27:39 AM »
if i was fucked up like twoface, i wouldnt want my body shown at the funeral.

No casket though, it didn't have to show the body.  I just think that if Nolan has a good storyline for Two-Face, they can easily just come up with an excuse to how he's still alive. 

Sriram619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #92 on: July 20, 2008, 11:28:26 AM »
the next one is gonna be the hardest to make after a hit like this one

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #93 on: July 20, 2008, 01:21:31 PM »
if i was fucked up like twoface, i wouldnt want my body shown at the funeral. he fell what, 4 or 5 stories and wasnt moving, if he was alive they would've given us a shot of him in arkham or jail or whatever. since the nolan's said that they are treating this movie like its the final one, my guess is that what we see is what we get. harvey appears dead, so he's dead ..

we will get catwoman (hints dropped in the movie) + the riddler if there is a next movie, or maybe the return of scarecrow

what hints??

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #94 on: July 20, 2008, 01:24:31 PM »

what hints??

Remember when Batman was asking Lucius Fox how the suit will handle dogs?  He jokingly sad, "what kind of dogs? Rottweilers or Chihuahas?  It can even handle cats"

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #95 on: July 20, 2008, 01:35:21 PM »
aaaaaaaaaaaaaah yaaaaaaaaa!

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
« Reply #96 on: July 20, 2008, 07:10:15 PM »

what hints??

Remember when Batman was asking Lucius Fox how the suit will handle dogs?  He jokingly sad, "what kind of dogs? Rottweilers or Chihuahas?  It can even handle cats"

That was more of a joke. He said "it can handle cats" most likely because he wasnt sure on if it could handle vicious dogs. I didn't see it as a nod to catwoman at all.

Though I wouldn't mind her in the next one.

Sriram619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #97 on: July 20, 2008, 09:56:19 PM »
there is going to be a third movie right ? i thought bale signed for three movies anyone have info on this

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #98 on: July 20, 2008, 10:17:42 PM »
SPOILER AHEAD

I wanted to know how your theater reacted to this scene, when the Joker submits a video of him questioning a guy in a Batman costume. After the scene, the theater that I was in was in complete silence. Either people were just meh about it or people were completely terrified by it I guess.  IMO, it was the most terrifying Joker scene in the film. 

The Watcher

« Reply #99 on: July 20, 2008, 10:33:00 PM »
there is going to be a third movie right ? i thought bale signed for three movies anyone have info on this

bale has signed a 3 picture deal but chris nolan, david goyer etc haven't and its up to the studio to option it, bale can also choose not to do the last film and lose some $

right now the 3rd movie isnt being planned, WB needs to make a decision on it
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #100 on: July 20, 2008, 10:58:25 PM »
SPOILER AHEAD

I wanted to know how your theater reacted to this scene, when the Joker submits a video of him questioning a guy in a Batman costume. After the scene, the theater that I was in was in complete silence. Either people were just meh about it or people were completely terrified by it I guess.  IMO, it was the most terrifying Joker scene in the film. 

every scene the joker was in it got real quiet

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #101 on: July 21, 2008, 12:58:28 AM »
Why not do the Batman vs Superman thing in the comic "The Dark Knight Returns"?

Thatd be dope haha
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

NiCc_FrUm_ThA_nO

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • EastSide But I Represent The Whole F
« Reply #102 on: July 21, 2008, 03:28:21 AM »
Barely saw it today, great film. One of the best I've seen, def. in my top 10 of all time. Ledger made that movie what it was, I didnt think he would top Nicholson's performance but he did, gonna go see it in Imax next week, for me there wasnt one dull moment in the movie at all. an oscar-worthy film in my opinion, Ledger deserves a nod., as well as a nod for movie of the year.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #103 on: July 21, 2008, 07:11:28 AM »
SPOILER AHEAD

People in my theater seemed to like everything Joker did. This scene was greeted with silences and I think a couple of aawwwss

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #104 on: July 21, 2008, 11:45:03 AM »
I had my problems with it. Still a great film. Still best super hero film ever so far. But there were things that really rubbed me the wrong way. The Batman/Joker convo in the that was lifted from Killing Joke doesn't work so well with out the years of history. Two Face was rushed and his Return of the Sith Darth Vader reasoning for going bad didn't do it for me. They should have had Dent be a bit more two faced from the beginning. Not so much a split personality but more a secret hatred for the world. They also should have had Dent play the Dawes character in both films. I still see no reason for Rachel Dawes. I also didn't buy Batman caring so much about Dent's reputation that he'd take the rap for killing Cops. But Batman turning villain-like for the public was a great idea and a great way to explain the title of the film. It was also a great way to introduce the real face of hope the people of Gotham need to go on; Superman. If a Bat/Supes film was ever ready to go now would have been the time. Too bad the Superman film sucked so much. DC should just do what Marvel did with Hulk.