Author Topic: Lucky Dube-biggest international star- you stupid Americans know nothing of  (Read 297 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
He may have been the biggest international superstar of our lifetimes and you stupid Americans know nothing about him.

So allow me to introduce the King of Reggae (move over Bob Marley)...

Lucky Dube

Let me give you a quick run down of Lucky Dube, he's  the biggest internation artist but America been sleepin on him...

Lucky Dube-  here's a little about him for ya'll to check out..

Best Songs-

1.  "Lovers In A Dangerous Time" - about a bi-racial relationship, African man and blonde woman

2.  "I've Got You Babe"-  About that special person that makes your life worth living

3.  "Kiss No Frog" - Beautiful song about a girl who wants to be just like her mother, and she's grown up seeing her mother get hurt many times, so she would rather be alone and be happy than expect to kiss a frog and have it turn into a prince

4.  "The Way It Is"- A song about rising to the top and having his own people reject him, even after he fought hard for their cause

5.  "House of Exile"- About a freedom fighter, who has left his home, his girl, and all the pleasures of the world behind to fight for justice

6.  "Release Me"- moving track, about wanting to get over a person but still being in love

7.  "Remember Me"-  about a son who hasn't seen his father in years since his father left and married into another home, but he still wants hiis father to know he loves him

Best Albums-

1.  Serious Reggae Business-  This album is the best because it's basically a compilation of all his best songs from the earlier pre-96 era of his carear.

2.  Taxman-  I don't know what kind of ganja this dude was smokin at the time, but this album is one legendary, timeless reggae track after another.  The hits never stop. All the tracks are powerful, moving, and thought provoking, but still easy to listen to and digest.

3.  The Way it Is-  Starts right off with Crying Game where he takes his voice to places no reggae artist has gone before, vocally moving right away, the album starts off on a high and never comes
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

smegma

"you stupid Americans"? :laugh: You're a yankee yourself :loser:

I'm quite sure he isn't a star in the entire western world by the way.

• Muthafuckin' Don!

I am American, but I have an international perspective and have spent significant time in Europe, Africa, and Asia...so I have a little bit different understanding.

And he's way more popular in Europe than in America.  Even white people in Europe are really into him, only the African immigrants and a few scattered Rasta's know of him in America.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2008, 04:28:47 AM by Abdul-Infinite »

smegma

I am American, but I have an international perspective and have spent significant time in Europe, Africa, and Asia...so I have a little bit different understanding.

And he's way more popular in Europe than in America.  Even white people in Europe are really into him, only the African immigrants and a few scattered Rasta's know of him.

I'm a white European, but his name doesn't even ring a bell.

Al Bundy

just because you think you have more knowledge about something does not make you better than anyone. get off your high chair

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Mackin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Can I Live Simply,So That Others can Simply Live..

And he's way more popular in Europe than in America.  Even white people in Europe are really into him, only the African immigrants and a few scattered Rasta's know of him in America.
Lukcy Dube  was a cool cat!
Period!
Besides you only started listening to his songs, when you went to Mali![Correct me if I'm Wrong]
So I'm pretty sure you hadn't even heard of him before you decided to go on your trip.

Oh, When you see Africa, you would need to specify what part of Africa you visited. Just on it's own,is kinda vague!
I'm sure Dude is not as big as Fela Kuti [RIP]
Reading your post, i can tell that you would like others to listen to the said artist, but your approach is way off!
« Last Edit: July 06, 2008, 04:27:42 PM by Mackin4Life-Lone Wolf Of Dubcc »
It ain't happenin, Bibles I'm still packin them
And jackin demons wit them 44 magnums" T-Bone

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I know that "I've got you babe" song but never knew homies name, and thats from a white cat in new zealand, guess he aint as superstar international as you thought? good tracks though, props

OchoCinco

and ill bet the first time u herd of him was last week and now ur tryin to act like his bitch......

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Well, actually i've only been through Europe on transit but I got your attention anyway.

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Period!
Besides you only started listening to his songs, when you went to Mali![Correct me if I'm Wrong]
So I'm pretty sure you hadn't even heard of him before you decided to go on your trip.

Oh, When you see Africa, you would need to specify what part of Africa you visited. Just on it's own,is kinda vague!
Reading your post, i can tell that you would like others to listen to the said artist, but your approach is way off!

I went to Africa (Gambia and Senegal) last November, but do a search on Lucky Dube at this site and you will see that I was up on him well before I made my trip.  The proof is there so make another straw man to knock down.

And even if I would have just started listening to him when I went to West Africa, that would be irrelevant to the discussion because it would only support my thread in showing how travelling has exposed me to things I wouldn't have known otherwise living in America.

And as for my approach, again, you can just do a search at the site and you will see I went about it the "right" way before and nobody responded to the posts, so I tried a different approach to getting peoples attention this time.

Sofa_King_Awesome

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Five poppin' Six droppin'
Lucky Dube is great (RIP). My bro in law is a reggae roots head, so I am up on dude also.
are you people that dumb and slow...lol...
Tuff one...but quik is up there...put it on me is classic imo and on some detox shit...dj lethal>>dj quik....rza>>premo.....dre>>>quik....rza=dre....dre, rza, quik, dj lethal>>>>>timberland, rockwielder, EIMINEM, mannie fresh

Mackin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Can I Live Simply,So That Others can Simply Live..

Period!

I went to Africa (Gambia and Senegal) last November, but do a search on Lucky Dube at this site and you will see that I was up on him well before I made my trip.  The proof is there so make another straw man to knock down.

And even if I would have just started listening to him when I went to West Africa, that would be irrelevant to the discussion because it would only support my thread in showing how travelling has exposed me to things I wouldn't have known otherwise living in America.

And as for my approach, again, you can just do a search at the site and you will see I went about it the "right" way before and nobody responded to the posts, so I tried a different approach to getting peoples attention this time.

^^Alright, my bad!
It ain't happenin, Bibles I'm still packin them
And jackin demons wit them 44 magnums" T-Bone

• Muthafuckin' Don!
and ill bet the first time u herd of him was last week and now ur tryin to act like his bitch......

See the great thing about this site is that there is a search... just type Lucky Dube's name into the search and you will see I've been talking about him for years at this site and that your ignorant and your an asshole.

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
Nas mentions him in a song.