Author Topic: Report: Lakers approach Kings about Artest  (Read 591 times)

S P I C E

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • LOOK WHO'S BACK
Re: Report: Lakers approach Kings about Artest
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2008, 11:04:45 AM »
^^That would be a great looking team!!  Hawes has such potential!

DIP DIP SET SET

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2008, 11:09:00 AM »
^^That would be a great looking team!!  Hawes has such potential!

I dont think people realize he could be and is gonna be. Kid has post moves already that players in the NBA DONT HAVE..

The Best of 3 Worlds

S P I C E

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • LOOK WHO'S BACK
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2008, 11:10:15 AM »
When he got quality playing time last year his stats speaked for themselves,  the guy is going to be very good,  such a great future
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 11:12:21 AM by S P I C E »

DIP DIP SET SET

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2008, 01:23:48 PM »
Calm down, King fans...I'm pretty sure this was just a rumor.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2008, 03:55:23 PM »
nah they were talking about it PTI ATH and Sportscenter

The Best of 3 Worlds

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2008, 04:42:51 PM »
lamar odom> Ron Artest

end of discussion.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

S P I C E

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • LOOK WHO'S BACK
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2008, 04:43:59 PM »
lamar odom> Ron Artest

end of discussion.

Stick to football Jake

DIP DIP SET SET

S P I C E

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • LOOK WHO'S BACK
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2008, 04:45:43 PM »
Anyone that thinks Odom is a better player than Artest should not be allowed to watch Basketball.

DIP DIP SET SET

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2008, 06:10:36 PM »
C- Bynum 7'1
PF-Gasol 7'0
SF- Odom 6'10
Sg- Kobe 6'6
pg fisher 6'1ish

C- Bynum
pf- Gasol
sf- Artest 6'7
sg- kobe
pg- fisher

point 1 i like the first line up better because  no one is going to stop us in the interior...you better be the best 3 point shooting team in the NBA....defensively that would be nice to have kobe and artest on the wing(s)....however we're not going to be as stable inside if we were to have odom down low. and that was one of our problems in the finals. how would we be solving that problem with artest? we toughness inside and i think with the return of bynum down low we take a lot of pressure off odom and gasol.  defensively artest is better in one on one situations and on the wing,  but i like the length, strength  and rebounding if we have the first line up.

point two....they're the same age, average the same thing in almost every category (except rebounding which goes to odom, and odom even slightyly leads in the other categories) but odom does this with a more reserved role on every team he's been on, as opposed to artest. so why get rid of odom when you're going to get almost the same production? i believe the rebounding prowess of odom is more valuable than what artest can bring to the table.

point three.....they're both mental cases. Artest is like one of those ghetto kids in the movie theaters where you tell him to shut up and he only gets louder...i don't see him doing us many favors on the Technical foul side of things . we already have kobe leading the league in those...how apt is Artest willing to get lead by kobe too....artest is a maverick, he plays on his terms...this is kobe's team, i don't like the mixing of those two chemicals......odom sometimes plays with his head up his ass but he's a great great great great team player. when he's beatin' with his 20 -20 , 20- 15, or 15-10 games .....i'd much rather take the risk of odom fucking that production for a game or two out of the month than artest ruining the chemistry in the locker room/court/media......

also i'd only want artest on the team if we can still keep odom and bring artest off the bench...or start him sparingly

odom> artest.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 06:14:24 PM by Don Jacob »

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2008, 09:02:44 PM »
homie is way to big of a gamble IMO

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2008, 11:27:00 AM »
.however we're not going to be as stable inside if we were to have odom down low. and that was one of our problems in the finals. how would we be solving that problem with artest?

[/quote]

Are u serious? Did u ever watch a Kings game? Anytime artest posts up he draws a dbl team, no SF can guard him on the post and most pf's cant either. Hes super phsycial down low, hed be way more of a force in there then Odom. U can also get open shots off him playing in the post he could cause all kind of nightmare problems..

The Best of 3 Worlds

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2008, 03:15:54 PM »
Anyone that thinks Odom is a better player than Artest should not be allowed to watch Basketball.

Anyone who thinks Artest is on another level than Odom should not be allowed to discuss any sports.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2008, 03:23:34 PM »

Are u serious? Did u ever watch a Kings game? Anytime artest posts up he draws a dbl team, no SF can guard him on the post and most pf's cant either. Hes super phsycial down low, hed be way more of a force in there then Odom. U can also get open shots off him playing in the post he could cause all kind of nightmare problems..

Are you trying to say Artest gives you better post production than Odom? LOL...Come on, now.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2008, 03:58:36 AM »
.however we're not going to be as stable inside if we were to have odom down low. and that was one of our problems in the finals. how would we be solving that problem with artest?

[/quote]

i was talking about interior defense, and i'd still take odom's production than artests. it's all about chemistry and odom is a better fit for the lakers than artest.

now with that said

odom in the low post while hie's beatin' like at the end of the regular season>Artest at any high point of his career in the post
odom when his head's up his ass in the low post> Artest when his head's up his ass
^(one would be on the bench while the other would be in the locker room)= an ass on the bench>an ass in the showers
« Last Edit: July 13, 2008, 04:02:24 AM by Don Jacob »

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2008, 04:02:20 AM »

Are you trying to say Artest gives you better post production than Odom? LOL...Come on, now.

Yeah. Come on now nothing, u cant possibly think odom plays more physical then Ron...LOL

The Best of 3 Worlds