Author Topic: Report: Lakers approach Kings about Artest  (Read 593 times)

wcsoldier

Re: Report: Lakers approach Kings about Artest
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2008, 04:50:28 AM »
We'll be crazy not to pull the trigger on this deal .. I have constantly repeated Lamar experience at the SF won't work and for three reasons :

- it takes away his biggest strenght i.e rebounding (obviously he's not going to average 10 a game while playing outside the paint)

- his inability to post up the SF opponent ...  he had trouble to dominate against players as Finley and Posey on a consistant basis in the playoffs ... Lamar has never been a legit threat down low and will never be.. Lamar at the 3 = shooting a lot of three pointers and outside shots at a weak FG percentage

- at the fourth position , he's an underrated defender but at the 3, Lamar is just very weak, his lateral speed isn't good at all ..

on the other end Artest is a physical monster, will rape people down low and I'm sure he would be motivated to assume his role to lock down opponent best scorer ... good chance with a D of Artest outside and then Bynum as an anchor in the paint ..

I'm sure Paul" wheelchair" Pierce would be a lot less hyped to see Ron Artest than fucking Vlad Radmanovic
« Last Edit: July 13, 2008, 04:57:29 AM by wcsoldier »

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2008, 01:05:48 PM »
I'd rather have Posey. But I do want Odom gone. If Miami is still interested in a Odom for Marion deal then we need to make that happen.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

wcsoldier

« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2008, 01:11:29 PM »
^^^^  no way I'd trade Lamar for Marion ... we need to clean up that SF position .. the dream would be to get rid of Vlad and Luke and to acquire somebody like Battier or Posey

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2008, 01:15:19 PM »
to gamble on a bi-polar ass muh fucka like artest is crazy. it would destroy the chemistry this team has.

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2008, 01:17:25 PM »
^^^^  no way I'd trade Lamar for Marion ... we need to clean up that SF position .. the dream would be to get rid of Vlad and Luke and to acquire somebody like Battier or Posey
i would love to see lukes under achieving ass,contract go

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2008, 05:29:07 PM »

Are u serious? Did u ever watch a Kings game? Anytime artest posts up he draws a dbl team, no SF can guard him on the post and most pf's cant either. Hes super phsycial down low, hed be way more of a force in there then Odom. U can also get open shots off him playing in the post he could cause all kind of nightmare problems..

Are you trying to say Artest gives you better post production than Odom? LOL...Come on, now.

Yeah. Come on now nothing, u cant possibly think odom plays more physical then Ron...LOL

Post production=rebounding, interior defense, post-up game...Artest's main strengths are clearly on the perimeter. LOL.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2008, 05:31:00 PM »
I'd rather have Posey. But I do want Odom gone. If Miami is still interested in a Odom for Marion deal then we need to make that happen.

LMAO. :puke:

It seems like some people have quickly forgotten that Odom is one of the main reasons we even made it to the Finals. :stupid:

FuckTheWorld

• 'G'
« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2008, 05:36:17 PM »
Keep Odom he is very aggressive on the offensive and defensive baords due to his lenght and strenght i dont know why people want to get rid of him altough he did struggle in the finals and needs to work on his free throws in the off season

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2008, 05:39:34 PM »
^Exactly...The Lakers as a team struggled in the Finals. Lets get rid of everyone!

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2008, 02:37:07 AM »

Are u serious? Did u ever watch a Kings game? Anytime artest posts up he draws a dbl team, no SF can guard him on the post and most pf's cant either. Hes super phsycial down low, hed be way more of a force in there then Odom. U can also get open shots off him playing in the post he could cause all kind of nightmare problems..

Are you trying to say Artest gives you better post production than Odom? LOL...Come on, now.

Yeah. Come on now nothing, u cant possibly think odom plays more physical then Ron...LOL

Post production=rebounding, interior defense, post-up game...Artest's main strengths are clearly on the perimeter. LOL.

Artest has a better post game now too, he makes people get the fuck out the way, he had a great year...He doesnt rebound as well as Odom, thats a big strength, but he still plays more physical and a way better defender..

The Best of 3 Worlds

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2008, 11:34:41 AM »

It seems like some people have quickly forgotten that Odom is one of the main reasons we even made it to the Finals. :stupid:

Do yourself a favor and don't even mention Odom and Finals in the same sentence. I didn't even notice him out there.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2008, 01:15:47 PM »

Do yourself a favor and don't even mention Odom and Finals in the same sentence. I didn't even notice him out there.
how bout Gasol,Rad,Fish,sasha,luke....like NIK said they struggled as a team,not just LO.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2008, 08:40:04 PM »

Artest has a better post game now too, he makes people get the fuck out the way, he had a great year...He doesnt rebound as well as Odom, thats a big strength, but he still plays more physical and a way better defender..

A way better perimeter defender, not way better post defender...you're making a big mistake by claiming Artest has the advantage in post production.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2008, 12:49:23 AM »

A way better perimeter defender, not way better post defender...you're making a big mistake by claiming Artest has the advantage in post production.

hes a a SF, its more important to be able to defend on the perimiter

The Best of 3 Worlds

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2008, 12:52:35 AM »

hes a a SF, its more important to be able to defend on the perimiter

I agree, but we were comparing who's post production was stronger, and that's clearly to Odom's advantage.