Author Topic: 213- Tha Hard Way is a great...  (Read 725 times)

NotoriousTDA

Re: 213- Tha Hard Way is a great...
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2008, 06:26:12 PM »
I have been stuck on MLK all week.

That beat is Nice!!

If they were to work on another album, I'd like them to flow on beats of that style!
Their vocals were  crisp, clear and sharp!

And Warren G HAS to produce it.
Another Summer, is one of my favourtie Kanye beats of all time. That shit is sooooo smooth.

They really should have done a video for that. That song would have BLOWN UP.

Oh man!!! That video would of been tight tooo!!

Mackin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Can I Live Simply,So That Others can Simply Live..
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2008, 06:26:49 PM »

That beat is Nice!!

If they were to work on another album, I'd like them to flow on beats of that style!

..Well i'd like him to be amongst the line up of Producers!
I'd throw in Terrace Martin, Hi-Tek and perhaps Soopafly!
Maybe i'm reaching here, but i'd like to see thm flowing on more bigger, mature sounds [If i can use that phrase]
Not necessary a Party Album, more like a chilled out album, with a jazzy feel to it...
But that's just me...
It ain't happenin, Bibles I'm still packin them
And jackin demons wit them 44 magnums" T-Bone

D~Nice

« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2008, 06:32:41 PM »

That beat is Nice!!

..Well i'd like him to be amongst the line up of Producers!
I'd throw in Terrace Martin, Hi-Tek and perhaps Soopafly!
Maybe i'm reaching here, but i'd like to see thm flowing on more bigger, mature sounds [If i can use that phrase]
Not necessary a Party Album, more like a chilled out album, with a jazzy feel to it...
But that's just me...

I agree. This album's sound I instantly digged, which surprised me a little bit because it was not what I was expecting. But for me at a BBQ or just cruising, this is what I always play during the summertime.

Mackin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Can I Live Simply,So That Others can Simply Live..
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2008, 07:08:21 PM »
^^Well you are not the only one that was kinda caught off guard with the overall sound. Admittedly i only played certain songs based on their title at first, until i decided to play the Cd from star to finish, that i enjoyed it a lot more..weird how things happen
It ain't happenin, Bibles I'm still packin them
And jackin demons wit them 44 magnums" T-Bone

Okka

« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2008, 07:29:16 PM »
Great album, "MLK" and "Keep It Gangsta" are my favorite songs. Gotta bump this album later today.

Black Gloves

« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2008, 07:29:56 PM »
I honestly have never listened to this whole album yet, I'm about to now though

Lunatic

« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2008, 08:28:51 PM »
hell ya a great summer album! agreed D, FAR from classic - had a lot of potential and fell short of my personal expectations.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

D~Nice

« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2008, 08:53:43 PM »
hell ya a great summer album! agreed D, FAR from classic - had a lot of potential and fell short of my personal expectations.

I knew once I read the credits it would be something different. But musically I dig it. I own alot of west coast albums in my collection like that.

Lunatic

« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2008, 08:54:39 PM »

I knew once I read the credits it would be something different. But musically I dig it. I own alot of west coast albums in my collection like that.
Hate to be like everyone else, but some Warren G production would have done them good.

Al Bundy

« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2008, 08:57:55 PM »
record still gets spins from me. and yeah, it is definently a summer album fo sho.

D~Nice

« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2008, 09:03:08 PM »

Hate to be like everyone else, but some Warren G production would have done them good.

To me it's like having Fred Wreck do a NWA album with Dre still on it. Yeah it probably still would sound great, but you already have a core producer that so happens to be already in the group. I won't get started on that with 213, I still enjoyed the album.

Al Bundy

« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2008, 09:06:04 PM »
that So Fly track brings back memories. Shit is one of my favorite tracks ever.

Lunatic

« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2008, 09:06:21 PM »

To me it's like having Fred Wreck do a NWA album with Dre still on it. Yeah it probably still would sound great, but you already have a core producer that so happens to be already in the group. I won't get started on that with 213, I still enjoyed the album.
Exactly. And the reason he didn't produce was so he could "concentrate on his lyrics." I mean, no offence to Warren but ain't no fan ever been a fan of Warren G cause he spits dope lyrics - he's not a lyrical cat - if u like him, it's his style of production with his dope voice and laid back attitude on the mic - sorry to rant lol i just couldn't believe it was his lyrics that stopped him from producing on this cd.

still a good cd

D~Nice

« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2008, 09:09:39 PM »

Exactly. And the reason he didn't produce was so he could "concentrate on his lyrics." I mean, no offence to Warren but ain't no fan ever been a fan of Warren G cause he spits dope lyrics - he's not a lyrical cat - if u like him, it's his style of production with his dope voice and laid back attitude on the mic - sorry to rant lol i just couldn't believe it was his lyrics that stopped him from producing on this cd.

still a good cd

Might take a drastic karma hit on this but oh well

Warren G lyrically was GARBAGE IMO on that whole album damn near. Snoop was cool but Nate did the damn thing on that album. A Nate solo over those beats would have been dope, but Warren just did not bring it for me.

Lunatic

« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2008, 09:10:43 PM »

still a good cd

Might take a drastic karma hit on this but oh well

Warren G lyrically was GARBAGE IMO on that whole album damn near. Snoop was cool but Nate did the damn thing on that album. A Nate solo over those beats would have been dope, but Warren just did not bring it for me.
I'll take it with u ;D
Yeah, I must admit listening to that album and one of my first responses was "wow how warren g has fallen off" :-\  Yeah, the main thing I was looking forward to was hearing another album full of Nate Dogg.