Author Topic: Ludacris new album "Theater of the Mind " set to be released on October 21  (Read 495 times)

Elano

Yesterday, I had the extreme pleasure in getting to preview Ludacris’s sixth solo offering, Theater Of The Mind, at a VERY intimate listening session hosted by DTP’s co founders, Chaka Zulu and Jeff Dixon (Luda did not attend). Since we were asked to sign a wavier upon our arrival, I can’t divulge to much information regarding the project, BUT, I will tell you it’s full of surprises and intriguing concepts.

Before the actual session began, Chaka took some time to explain the album set up, and the events surrounding the album. Since Luda has two movies (Rock N Rolla and Max Payne) hitting theaters the 17th of October, they’re setting the album up to be released the following Tuesday, October 21st, in which they hope to achieve the top 2 movies in the country along with the top album in the country, hence the reason they’re nicknaming Luda, Mr. October.

Though we were sworn to secrecy about album logistics, I can tell you (since this specific information is already out there) the track with The Game is insane (and already my favorite)! It was produced by Clinton Sparks (who would’ve thought) and features DTP artist, Willy Northpole. Chaka emphasized that on this particular LP, Luda is rhyming to prove why he’s one of the most slept on in the industry. Sure, Luda is one of the most sought out artist in the game, but he’s also left off a lot of lists conceived by the hip hop community, therefore, this album should and will solidify his slot on the next Top 10 list.

Going strictly off of what Chaka spewed to us, one of the first offerings from Theater Of The Mind shall arrive sometime next week. “I Know What Them Girls Like” ft. Sean Garrett & Chris Brown is a no brainer. Translation: The ISH is bonkers. However, I don’t have it in my possession as of yet, but when it does arrive, you can bet your ass I’ll be plastering it alllll over the pages of SoundOff.

(blogs.bet.com)

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
Luda's only problem with his albums is beats. And sometimes he collabs with really wack guests (dtp included)

if he can fix that up then he'll be more of a contender for one of the better artists in the south, but no way is luda gonna crack the top 10 any time soon.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Can't wait for this but it looks like the 1st single is gonna be another shitty song.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Can't wait for this but it looks like the 1st single is gonna be another shitty song.
Chris Brown  :-\

kemizt

NillerTheKid

• Muthafuckin' Don!

the track with The Game is insane

Looking forward to this  :laugh:
See these fans can't resist the rush,
they Wu-Tang for life
Scarred for life,
they can't forget the cuts

Ill check this out.

Lunatic

will see how this turns out.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

D~Nice

Luda's only problem with his albums is beats. And sometimes he collabs with really wack guests (dtp included)

if he can fix that up then he'll be more of a contender for one of the better artists in the south, but no way is luda gonna crack the top 10 any time soon.

Yeah sometimes his beats are a little bit simplistic and out there. But he easily gets in convo best in the south off of lyrical content. Luda can be a BEAST on that mic.

West Coast Veteran

Luda is the best new generation MC in the South hands down. Flow and lyrics always sick.

Black Gloves

Luda is the best new generation MC in the South hands down. Flow and lyrics always sick.

Co-sign, Luda > Overrated Wayne by far. But IMO he needs to come harder on his albums cuz his catalogue aint that dope/consistent.

Hopefully he'll drop some bomb azz shit on this album 8)

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!

Co-sign, Luda > Overrated Wayne by far. But IMO he needs to come harder on his albums cuz his catalogue aint that dope/consistent.

I agree about Luda being the best new gen, but Wayne's been around since 97.

kemizt

Black Gloves

Wayne is overrated how you the Best Rapper Alive when you aint even the best in the South?

Get the fuck outta here.

And who gives a fuck if he's been around since 97..his first SOLO album came out 99 while Ludas came in 2000

Luda > Wayne suck it up and go cry to your "Weezy F Baby" & "The 5 Star General" poster faggot
Lupe > Wayne
Crooked I > Wayne
Game > Wayne
Lloyd Banks > Wayne
Fabolous > Wayne
Lupe Fiasco > Wayne
Bishop > Wayne

and the list goes on

go suck "mr im just a nigga with swag" lollipop bitch ass

NillerTheKid

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Wayne is overrated how you the Best Rapper Alive when you aint even the best in the South?

Get the fuck outta here.

And who gives a fuck if he's been around since 97..his first SOLO album came out 99 while Ludas came in 2000

Luda > Wayne suck it up and go cry to your "Weezy F Baby" & "The 5 Star General" poster faggot
Lupe > Wayne
Crooked I > Wayne
Game > Wayne
Lloyd Banks > Wayne
Fabolous > Wayne
Lupe Fiasco > Wayne
Bishop > Wayne

and the list goes on

Twice..?  :laugh: Wayne is better than Banks though
See these fans can't resist the rush,
they Wu-Tang for life
Scarred for life,
they can't forget the cuts

Black Gloves

Get the fuck outta here.

Lupe > Wayne
Crooked I > Wayne
Game > Wayne
Lloyd Banks > Wayne
Fabolous > Wayne
Lupe Fiasco > Wayne
Bishop > Wayne

and the list goes on

yeah twice..cuz thats how much better than nigga is compared to Gayne.

LMAO at Wayne being better than Banks::)...

Wayne cant c Banks

funkkid

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Get the fuck outta here.

Lupe > Wayne
Crooked I > Wayne
Game > Wayne
Lloyd Banks > Wayne
Fabolous > Wayne
Lupe Fiasco > Wayne
Bishop > Wayne

and the list goes on

yeah twice..cuz thats how much better than nigga is compared to Gayne.

LMAO at Wayne being better than Banks::)...

Wayne cant c Banks
i don't like banks but i know that banks is better than wayne