Poll

Pick 1, bitchel.

Batman (1989)
9 (15%)
Batman: The Dark Night (2008)
51 (85%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Author Topic: Batman (1989) vs Batman: The Dark Night (2008)  (Read 1586 times)

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Batman (1989) vs Batman: The Dark Night (2008)
« Reply #60 on: September 07, 2008, 11:25:35 PM »
^^ do you write blogs Nik? You should write em i think people would think your very opininated and a asshole but would keep reading you. I seriously think you should write blogs

S P I C E

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • LOOK WHO'S BACK
« Reply #61 on: September 08, 2008, 12:23:51 AM »
LMAO at NIK!  You know less about movies then you do about Basketball

DIP DIP SET SET

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #62 on: September 08, 2008, 07:01:24 AM »
you're either a total idiot or a extremely unfunny person. i'll go with the latter.

Stick to basketball, because you don't know fucking shit about movies. Calling Burton a poor man's Kubrick is a complement because it puts Burton in the same sentence as Kubrick and he doesn't even belong in the same book. Kubrick was a masterful genius. Burton pretends to be one and he may even have convinced himself that he is. Now he'll never win an Oscar. That's fine because many greats over the years werere ahead of their time, but no one will ever look back on the shit Tim Burton calls art and ever say he was robbed. He sucks. He's barely better than Tarantino. He just throws a bunch of weird characters in with goofy colours and thinks it's visual high art. It's not. I hate his work almost as much as I hate Paul Haggis. The thing is, I'm not even that huge a Kubrick fan.

the whole point is that their whole style is nothing alike, genius...it's obviously YOU who knows nothing about movies.

I know they are nothing alike. Burton is shit. Kubrick is not shit. That's the whole point.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #63 on: September 08, 2008, 09:33:34 AM »
LMAO at NIK!  You know less about movies then you do about Basketball

You're a sore loser...literally. sore because you're a loser in reality. now go jerk to true romance, geek.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #64 on: September 08, 2008, 09:44:56 AM »
you're either a total idiot or a extremely unfunny person. i'll go with the latter.

Stick to basketball, because you don't know fucking shit about movies. Calling Burton a poor man's Kubrick is a complement because it puts Burton in the same sentence as Kubrick and he doesn't even belong in the same book. Kubrick was a masterful genius. Burton pretends to be one and he may even have convinced himself that he is. Now he'll never win an Oscar. That's fine because many greats over the years werere ahead of their time, but no one will ever look back on the shit Tim Burton calls art and ever say he was robbed. He sucks. He's barely better than Tarantino. He just throws a bunch of weird characters in with goofy colours and thinks it's visual high art. It's not. I hate his work almost as much as I hate Paul Haggis. The thing is, I'm not even that huge a Kubrick fan.

the whole point is that their whole style is nothing alike, genius...it's obviously YOU who knows nothing about movies.

I know they are nothing alike. Burton is shit. Kubrick is not shit. That's the whole point.

smart guy...in order for you to label Burton a "poor mans Kubrick", he has to have a similar style to Kubrick, or somewhat of a copied style. do you realize that Burton is like the opposite of Kubrick? come on, now. thats more pathetic than spice saying i know nothing about movies only because he likes my cock in his mouth.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #65 on: September 08, 2008, 09:45:41 AM »
^^ do you write blogs Nik? You should write em i think people would think your very opininated and a asshole but would keep reading you. I seriously think you should write blogs

naah...im not down.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #66 on: September 08, 2008, 01:55:06 PM »

smart guy...in order for you to label Burton a "poor mans Kubrick", he has to have a similar style to Kubrick, or somewhat of a copied style. do you realize that Burton is like the opposite of Kubrick? come on, now. thats more pathetic than spice saying i know nothing about movies only because he likes my cock in his mouth.

Kubrick was a director with a unique visual style that he used to create abstract art. As shown in Strangelove, Space Odyssey, and Clockwork.

Now what would the opposite of that be? Hmmm....

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #67 on: September 08, 2008, 02:52:45 PM »

Kubrick was a director with a unique visual style that he used to create abstract art. As shown in Strangelove, Space Odyssey, and Clockwork.

you STILL called Burton a "poor mans Kubrick"...it was STILL a retarded statement.

Ali Tha Great

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #68 on: September 08, 2008, 03:36:09 PM »
I just saw the dark night...shit was tight...a good 9/10 8) 8) 8)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #69 on: September 08, 2008, 05:21:16 PM »

you STILL called Burton a "poor mans Kubrick"...it was STILL a retarded statement.

And I'm STILL saying it now. If you want weird storylines with great visuals you go rent a Kubrick film. If they are all rented and you don't have the money to buy one you rent a Burton film, or buy one from the bargain bin. Beetlejuice comes pretty cheap these days.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #70 on: September 08, 2008, 06:30:10 PM »

And I'm STILL saying it now. If you want weird storylines with great visuals you go rent a Kubrick film. If they are all rented and you don't have the money to buy one you rent a Burton film, or buy one from the bargain bin. Beetlejuice comes pretty cheap these days.
i think you are forgetting this gem

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #71 on: September 08, 2008, 06:32:36 PM »

I was counting Burton's best stuff. That film makes him a poor man's Hype Williams.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #72 on: September 08, 2008, 06:35:50 PM »

I was counting Burton's best stuff. That film makes him a poor man's Hype Williams.

That movie was ill... what you talking about? I loved that movie... great high movie... after a lot of 151

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #73 on: September 10, 2008, 03:58:52 AM »
I was feeling the same way about mainstream movies that I felt about hip-hop... all show and no substance.  I had not seen a new movie this year just as I had not bought a new album this year (except for the nas album, which I didn't like much anyway).

I happened to catch Dark knight by accident because other people were watching a bootleg version at one of the places I work.  And I must say....

Dark knight is to movies what Detox is supposed to be for hiphop!  It really set a new standard.  The plot was intricate and detailed, batmans character was inspiring, and Heath Ledger was larger than life as the Joker.  I couldn't believe it because I thought it would be like all other big budget movies... sexy women, big explosions, and st8 bullshit!  But this was suprisingly good.

IT MAKES ALL THE OLD BATMAN MOVIES AND TV SHOWS LOOK CHEESY AS HELL.  All the corny lines, predictable superhero plots.

Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #74 on: September 10, 2008, 06:28:14 AM »
I was feeling the same way about mainstream movies that I felt about hip-hop... all show and no substance.  I had not seen a new movie this year just as I had not bought a new album this year (except for the nas album, which I didn't like much anyway).

I happened to catch Dark knight by accident because other people were watching a bootleg version at one of the places I work.  And I must say....

Dark knight is to movies what Detox is supposed to be for hiphop!  It really set a new standard.  The plot was intricate and detailed, batmans character was inspiring, and Heath Ledger was larger than life as the Joker.  I couldn't believe it because I thought it would be like all other big budget movies... sexy women, big explosions, and st8 bullshit!  But this was suprisingly good.

IT MAKES ALL THE OLD BATMAN MOVIES AND TV SHOWS LOOK CHEESY AS HELL.  All the corny lines, predictable superhero plots.

Well said. Except Batman Begins, which isn't as good as DK, also eliminated the cheesy crap.