Poll

Pick 1, bitchel.

Batman (1989)
9 (15%)
Batman: The Dark Night (2008)
51 (85%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Author Topic: Batman (1989) vs Batman: The Dark Night (2008)  (Read 1592 times)

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Batman (1989) vs Batman: The Dark Night (2008)
« Reply #45 on: August 22, 2008, 06:27:45 PM »
Old Batman will ALWAYS be the vest.

Never seen any of this NEW shit cause thats all it is, a shit remake.

That's the worst opinion/attitude to have.

How can anyone say Jack was better then Ledger as Joker. Batman isn't a comedy, or a dark comedy. Everything about TDK is better then any 4 of the originals. Nolan also gives more coherent stories. In the comics, the villains didn't all die at the end of each film. The first 4 were childish, simple minded films.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #46 on: August 25, 2008, 02:42:46 AM »
They were decent movies, worthy of passing the bar that the first two Superman movies set

Superman 1 and 2 blow Batman and Returns out of the water.

I say Batman is better than Superman, but both sequels blow huge chunks. No need debating this though, I'm having a better time debating Sccit on his Batman opinions.

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #47 on: August 27, 2008, 05:19:55 AM »
The OG Batman is nostalgic. It reminds us of our childhood which is why we all like it a lot. The Dark Knight is clearly the better movie though. I even dusted off my old VHS copy of Batman and watched it the other day just to be sure.

pretty much

Yup. I prefer the new ones today though.

Although I gotta say I still love Jack Nicholson's Joker. Ledger's Joker was better - I was tripping over the fact that they could make the movie crowd laugh out loud when The Joker killed the guy with the pencil. They didn't reach absurdity like that with Jack, but I still loved Jack's performace.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #48 on: August 27, 2008, 03:55:57 PM »
The OG Batman is nostalgic. It reminds us of our childhood which is why we all like it a lot. The Dark Knight is clearly the better movie though. I even dusted off my old VHS copy of Batman and watched it the other day just to be sure.

pretty much

Although I gotta say I still love Jack Nicholson's Joker. Ledger's Joker was better - I was tripping over the fact that they could make the movie crowd laugh out loud when The Joker killed the guy with the pencil. They didn't reach absurdity like that with Jack, but I still loved Jack's performace.

Nolan did put some of the old movie, like when Joker was hanging at the end, only he had Batman save him.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #49 on: September 02, 2008, 07:29:31 PM »

pretty much

Nolan did put some of the old movie, like when Joker was hanging at the end, only he had Batman save him.

I figured he did that to rib the old movie. The point is that Batman doesn't let people die. Batman would not have let the Joker fall in any case. Nolan was saying tisk tisk Tim Burton.

And NIK. You talk as if Burton films (any Burton films, not just Batman) are high art. Newsflash. He's never really been that praised. He's a poor man's Kubrick who tries to hard.

J Bananas

« Reply #50 on: September 03, 2008, 03:21:03 PM »
Based on a lot of your opinions alone guys I can see why Bush got elected twice. People are fuckin' stupid by and large.

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #51 on: September 04, 2008, 05:18:59 AM »
 ^ Primo pic ^.

The new Batman is awesome...............but........Batman '89 was the shiit!

GottiValentino

« Reply #52 on: September 07, 2008, 02:02:39 AM »
Dark Night but not by alot

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #53 on: September 07, 2008, 01:53:06 PM »

pretty much

I figured he did that to rib the old movie. The point is that Batman doesn't let people die. Batman would not have let the Joker fall in any case. Nolan was saying tisk tisk Tim Burton.

And NIK. You talk as if Burton films (any Burton films, not just Batman) are high art. Newsflash. He's never really been that praised. He's a poor man's Kubrick who tries to hard.

LMAO@"poor mans Kubrick"...wow.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #54 on: September 07, 2008, 02:17:00 PM »

pretty much

LMAO@"poor mans Kubrick"...wow.

OK, you win. Batman is better than Dark Knight. Tim Burton is better than Stanley Kubrick. And let's say Jack Nicholson is better than Marlon Brando.

I never realized that Burton was superior to Kubrick until I read it coming out of your post. props!
« Last Edit: September 07, 2008, 02:24:36 PM by Shallow »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #55 on: September 07, 2008, 08:49:34 PM »
I never said Burton is superior to Kubrick...he's obvious not. But to imply that Burton is a "poor mans Kubrick" would be just as ridiculous.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #56 on: September 07, 2008, 08:50:57 PM »
I never said Burton is superior to Kubrick...he's obvious not. But to imply that Burton is a "poor mans Kubrick" would be just as ridiculous.

Well you should have said it because it's correct. Burton>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Kubrick.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #57 on: September 07, 2008, 08:57:37 PM »
you're either a total idiot or a extremely unfunny person. i'll go with the latter.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #58 on: September 07, 2008, 09:10:36 PM »
you're either a total idiot or a extremely unfunny person. i'll go with the latter.

Stick to basketball, because you don't know fucking shit about movies. Calling Burton a poor man's Kubrick is a complement because it puts Burton in the same sentence as Kubrick and he doesn't even belong in the same book. Kubrick was a masterful genius. Burton pretends to be one and he may even have convinced himself that he is. Now he'll never win an Oscar. That's fine because many greats over the years werere ahead of their time, but no one will ever look back on the shit Tim Burton calls art and ever say he was robbed. He sucks. He's barely better than Tarantino. He just throws a bunch of weird characters in with goofy colours and thinks it's visual high art. It's not. I hate his work almost as much as I hate Paul Haggis. The thing is, I'm not even that huge a Kubrick fan.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #59 on: September 07, 2008, 11:20:52 PM »

Stick to basketball, because you don't know fucking shit about movies. Calling Burton a poor man's Kubrick is a complement because it puts Burton in the same sentence as Kubrick and he doesn't even belong in the same book. Kubrick was a masterful genius. Burton pretends to be one and he may even have convinced himself that he is. Now he'll never win an Oscar. That's fine because many greats over the years werere ahead of their time, but no one will ever look back on the shit Tim Burton calls art and ever say he was robbed. He sucks. He's barely better than Tarantino. He just throws a bunch of weird characters in with goofy colours and thinks it's visual high art. It's not. I hate his work almost as much as I hate Paul Haggis. The thing is, I'm not even that huge a Kubrick fan.

the whole point is that their whole style is nothing alike, genius...it's obviously YOU who knows nothing about movies.