Poll

Which of these finna blow up and make it big ?

Clyde Carson
10 (38.5%)
Glasses Malone
13 (50%)
Omar Cruz
3 (11.5%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Author Topic: Which of these finna blow ?? (Clyde Carson, G Malone, Omar Cruz)  (Read 511 times)

MASHALOT

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: Which of these finna blow ?? (Clyde Carson, G Malone, Omar Cruz)
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2008, 03:52:04 AM »
The thread starter made a typo. He meant to put MASH up in there too ;D ;D ;D

« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2008, 03:58:07 AM »
Your forgetting Jay Rock. How the hell is Omar Cruz more likely to blow? He hasnt had any singles that have made it onto TV like Rock has. But I gotta go with Malone cos he aint afraid to work with anyone or do anything. He got a single coming soon and the album dropping too.

ICHI THE KILLER

« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2008, 04:19:04 AM »
g.malone :)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2008, 05:35:06 AM »
You definetly forgot Jay Rock --> he has a a good chance to blow up since they shoot the video for the track with Lil Wayne, that is also a quality track. Not to mention that he sounds just like Game and has that eastcoast flow.

Clyde Carson --> probably has the most potential to blow up, he has a simillar style to 50 Cent, especially chours wise. It also looks like he has a good ear for beats and nows how to create a hit.

Glasses Malone --> also has a good chance, since he's signed to Cash Money, which is popular right now for obvious reasons. I'm not a big fan of him though, he sounds like a mix of Jeezy and Ross and his first 2 singles were obviously catering to the South audience.

« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2008, 06:21:22 AM »
You definetly forgot Jay Rock --> he has a a good chance to blow up since they shoot the video for the track with Lil Wayne, that is also a quality track. Not to mention that he sounds just like Game and has that eastcoast flow.
Exactly and Jay just been to NY and done some shit wit Kay Slay and Papoose to get his name out on the East Coast. How the fuck could he not be up there?

UCC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2008, 06:33:21 AM »
You guys are writing your reasoning as these rappers have good skills.  Soldier boy blew up...he ain't got no skills.  Its all about making a hit club/radio song.  Thats it.  These street singles/mixtapes shit...that ain't gonna do shit other than get to the internet heads.  CD's are nearly obsolete.  I never listen to cd's anymore...its all about the Ipod.  In several years there will not be a single rapper going close to platinum.  There won't be much of a reason to purchase full albums...in fact when it comes to hip hop, most people only listen to a few cuts on a hip hop album.  The music industry is going to change...its going to be all about signing someone strictly for a song or 2.  No reason for a label to put up a bunch of money for a full album when the marketing dictates that people only care about a couple of songs.  tower is out of business, warehouse is out of business, FYE will be out of business...best buy and target will soon realize that it is not worth the floor space to carry so many cd's.  A perfect example is E-40 and Tell Me When To Go.  That shit was HUGE.  The hyphy movement was HUGE.  You can find ghostriding whip videos all over youtube.  Yet I don't even think his album went platinum.  No reason to buy the full album.

Word, either that will happen, or they will start putting out laws to have the internet on lockdown, so that you can't download shit... like they're starting to test out in Europe at the moment

If that happens then mp3s will still be popular, but people will start to buy albums again because if you're going to spend money, people will want to get the booklet and shit, and this time period of no restrictions on internet use, and being able to get anything at any time for free, will be looked upon as a kind of golden age of free stuff

Dome

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2008, 06:59:20 AM »
B.Y.I. BITCH!!! 8)

LOOOL

h2k4

« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2008, 04:14:02 PM »
Your forgetting Jay Rock. How the hell is Omar Cruz more likely to blow? He hasnt had any singles that have made it onto TV like Rock has. But I gotta go with Malone cos he aint afraid to work with anyone or do anything. He got a single coming soon and the album dropping too.

Jay Rock made it on TV?  Where?  I've actually heard Omar's latest single on the radio.  I have yet to hear Jay Rock's.  I hope both of them blow up though.

Bch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • NoSuchThing as Failures Only QuittRs & BullshittRs
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2008, 05:30:43 PM »
what are somg good tracks by clyde carson.. i heared that sean kingston jam, what else do he got out there that catapulted you to put him in your 3?

i'd include hot dollar on that 50/50 , he defenitly knows how to make a hit.. and with So So Def/ JD backing him... hes going to make it

they are already doing that signing artist to SINGLE deals, 1 or 2 singles.. theres no way to stop downloading.. the music buisness makes for a great hobby but lousy buisness

We Fly High

« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2008, 06:23:20 PM »
None of them. and thats coming from someone who was born and raised in the west, live in Los Angeles, work in the industry, and ive heard ZERO about them.

K-9

« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2008, 06:47:49 PM »
Glasses Malone  every bitch loves Cashmoney

Jome

« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2008, 08:47:52 PM »
what are somg good tracks by clyde carson.. i heared that sean kingston jam, what else do he got out there that catapulted you to put him in your 3?

Capitol/EMI is a major, that's why he seems likely to sell a decent amount.
Check out: 2 Step, In Da Club feat. Sean Kingston, California State Of Mind feat. The Game.. all seems like a possible hit (or with crossover potential).

None of them. and thats coming from someone who was born and raised in the west, live in Los Angeles, work in the industry, and ive heard ZERO about them.

So who do you suggest ?