Author Topic: No Thread On Miles Signing With Boston?  (Read 556 times)

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
No Thread On Miles Signing With Boston?
« on: August 24, 2008, 12:27:45 AM »
Here's one!

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/sports/17266914/detail.html

Celtics Sign Former First-Rounder Miles
Veteran Forward Missed Past Two Seasons Due To Injury

BOSTON -- The Celtics added a new piece to their championship roster Friday when they signed forward Darius Miles, a former first-round pick. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

The 6-foot-9-inch, 235-pound Miles was drafted third overall by the Los Angeles Clippers in 2000. In 412 NBA contests, Miles has posted career averages of 10.6 points, 5.2 rebounds and 1.15 blocks.

Before an injury forced him out of action, Miles, 26, averaged 16.9 points, 5.0 rebounds, 2.2 assists, 1.2 steals and 1.2 blocks per game as a starter for the Portland Trailblazers in the 2005-2006 season.

He averaged 16.9 points, 5.0 rebounds, 2.2 assists, 1.2 steals and 1.2 blocks per game for the Clippers in the 2000-2001 season, becoming the first player in NBA history to receive All-Rookie honors straight out of high school.

“Darius has been in twice for workouts with us and has impressed us with his progress, health and attitude,” Celtics General Manager Danny Ainge said. “Darius will have the next couple of months to prove to myself and Coach Rivers that he can help us win.”

Miles, who is from Bellville, Ill., the hometown of former Red Sox first baseman Brian Daubach, missed each of the past two seasons recovering from microfracture surgery on his right knee.

The veteran expressed enthusiasm for the opportunity to prove himself to the reigning NBA champions.

“I watched the Boston Celtics play a lot last year and loved what I saw in their teamwork and chemistry on the court, and it’s the team I want to try to resume my career with,” he said. “I am excited about having an opportunity to play on a team that I feel my personality fits with and a team that can have great success on the court."

Miles also played for the Cleveland Cavaliers and most recently Portland during his seven NBA seasons.

Copyright 2008 by TheBostonChannel.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

good luck with that, Hack...

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
Re: No Thread On Miles Signing With Boston?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2008, 12:29:58 AM »
LOL

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2008, 01:36:32 AM »
he gon suck
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2008, 01:43:21 AM »
he gon suck dress Versace all the time

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2008, 04:22:33 PM »
I just hope he plays atleast 10 games so he can fuck up Portland's cap space.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2008, 04:54:03 PM »
I just hope he plays atleast 10 games so he can fuck up Portland's cap space.

LOL, even IF he is still on the roster after training camp and IF he manages to prove durable enough to play in 10 games, Portland can reapply to have his money taken off the cap. And even assuming they can't get him taken back off the cap, we will still have 15-20 million in cap space to work with. This has very little significant effect on Portland's cap space. BUT, all of this is probably going to prove to be moot anyway since his knee wont allow him to play the way he used to. His biggest attribute was his athleticism and that's essentially gone now. The rookie they signed has a better shot of actually making the roster than he does. An unguaranteed contract is little more than an agreement by Miles to come to Boston's training camp and not talk to other teams. Boston would have to sign him on for the whole season if they wanted to ruin Portland's cap space (NBA max of 3 10 day contracts + Miles' 10 game suspension = will have to sign on for the year to play 10 games). I doubt Boston is making it a priority to take a chunk out of the cap space of a team they play twice a year.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2008, 04:55:56 PM by Turf Hitta »

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2008, 07:43:11 PM »
the term "N.B.A. CHAMPION" is missing from the title  ;)
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2008, 01:50:21 AM »
well at least we know boston won't repeat as champs now.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2008, 02:05:42 AM »
Some of you are trippin...Miles was in his prime when he got injured. Assuming he can get back into playing ship, this can be a nice acquisition for Boston. Miles is like a mini-Odom, he has all around game on both ends...as long as he's healthy enough to play, which according to the article, he is.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2008, 03:31:24 AM »
Some of you are trippin...Miles was in his prime when he got injured. Assuming he can get back into playing ship, this can be a nice acquisition for Boston. Miles is like a mini-Odom, he has all around game on both ends...as long as he's healthy enough to play, which according to the article, he is.

not according to the doctors that the NBAPA appointed on his behalf though (doctors acting in his interest)...

The Watcher

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2008, 03:34:38 AM »
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

tempo2

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2008, 03:56:57 AM »
its tre tho miles is a great player especially on the defensive end and in my opinion should he stay healthy he would be equal to what posey provided or them. under rated move in my books, boston have nothing to lose.

OG Hack Wilson

This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2008, 12:26:21 PM »
Miles is like a mini-Odom

oh god no

LOL damn...honestly though, Boston would be lucky if he can produce at half of his former ability. His knee is basically bone on bone - no cartilage. I wish him the best but there is a reason he hasn't played in 2 years and was deemed by doctors to be unable to perform at an NBA level.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2008, 12:29:35 PM »
ehhh

i just dont want him to be like Odom