Author Topic: 2008 = The Biggest Year For the South???  (Read 262 times)

MediumL

2008 = The Biggest Year For the South???
« on: August 31, 2008, 03:19:54 AM »
Lil Waynes already dropped Carter III which was a huge commercial success, whilst Bun B released II Trill and Rick Ross dropped Trilla. Plies has already released Definition of Real and theres been some other releases from artists like Flo Rida, Killer Mike and David Banner that have had moderate success. But also scheduled for 2008 are:

TI - Paper Trail
Young Jeezy - The Recession
Plies - Da Realist
Ludacris - Theatre of Mind
DJ Khaled - We Global
T Pain - Thr33 Ringz
Nelly - Brass Knuckles
Big Boi - Sir Luscious Left Foot: The Son of Chico Dusty

And possible albums from Andre 3000, Juvenile, BG, Soulja Boy, Scarface, Slim Thug, Ace Hood, Chamillionaire, Trick Daddy etc could this be the hight of the souths dominance in hip hop? Granted i only give a fuck about 4-5 of these albums props to the south for staying on the grind.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

Re: 2008 = The Biggest Year For the South???
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2008, 03:43:11 AM »
At least those albums are pretty dope. Not just some average south club bullshit.

smegma

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2008, 04:08:37 AM »
I really don't give a damn what the biggest year for the south is, especially when there's mostly garbage coming out from the south. Here's a little prediction about the albums you listed:

TI - Paper Trail -> This will have maybe one or two tracks that I'll listen to for quite some time and then forget about it. The rest will be good for the recycle bin of my hard drive.
Young Jeezy - The Recession -> I downloaded this and decided to throw away the album after I listened to the first three songs.
Plies - Da Realist -> It was like my ears couldn't stop bleeding after I heard his last album.
Ludacris - Theatre of Mind -> That mixtape he dropped was terrible. Luda can't hold down an album on his own. This might have one or two songs I'm gonna keep, but I keep my fingers crossed.
DJ Khaled - We Global -> This will probably have some bangers that get old after five spins.
T Pain - Thr33 Ringz -> I like that Pre Kingz mixtape. Hopefully he'll rap a lot on this album, but what I heard so far from this album doesn't predict much good...
Nelly - Brass Knuckles -> One album I actually look forward to. The songs that are out so far are good songs IMO
Big Boi - Sir Luscious Left Foot: The Son of Chico Dusty ->That single with MJB is disappointing. Hopefully the rest of the album is better

Lil Wayne - Tha Carter III -> Not my cup of tea, but it was at least better than C2. Lil Wayne fell the fuck off.
Bun B - II Trill -> I don't even remember one track title. Very disappointing album
Rick Ross - Trilla -> See Bun B :P
Plies - Definition of Real -> You gotta have a vagina to like this album
Flo-Rida -> I saved three songs. Good job Flo-Rida, you did better than most of your southern colleagues.
Killer Mike -> don't care much about dude
David Banner -> not one good song. Big ups to David Banner!
« Last Edit: August 31, 2008, 04:10:18 AM by smegma »

ABN

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2008, 05:15:57 AM »
At least those albums are pretty dope. Not just some average south club bullshit.
average south club bullshit? for every wack "average south club bullshit" song i could name 10 wack ass records by these so called "mcīs" from New York and thatīs real talk.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2008, 05:49:40 AM »
average south club bullshit? for every wack "average south club bullshit" song i could name 10 wack ass records by these so called "mcīs" from New York and thatīs real talk.
and don't forget the west.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

ABN

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2008, 05:54:01 AM »
naw, i aint forgot about the west BS music. people just like to throw bullshit out there about the south. but motherfuckers should clean up their own backyard before they try to clean up others....

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2008, 06:47:05 AM »
naw, i aint forgot about the west BS music. people just like to throw bullshit out there about the south. but motherfuckers should clean up their own backyard before they try to clean up others....
true.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2008, 06:57:51 AM »
Every region has their share of wack music but still so called mcs music>>>>averagre south club music & no, I'm not saying all the music from the south is "average south club music". Get it right.

ABN

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2008, 07:01:49 AM »
Every region has their share of wack music but still so called mcs music>>>>averagre south club music & no, I'm not saying all the music from the south is "average south club music". Get it right.
iīll take any average southern club song over Papoose and all these other wack ass mixtape artists from NY. iīd actually much rather hear a wack ass song by Soulja Boy instead of hearing a wack ass song by Papoose. coz atleast SB is doing his own thing and i canīt say the same for all those cats on mixtapes coz they sound exactly the same.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2008, 07:10:39 AM »
I'm not a fan of Papoose but I'd easily take his music over Soulja Boy's stuff. He actually has a few nice songs, I can't say the same for Soulja Boy. Also is liking Soulja Boy now a new trend at DUBCC???

ABN

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2008, 07:15:04 AM »
I'm not a fan of Papoose but I'd easily take his music over Soulja Boy's stuff. He actually has a few nice songs, I can't say the same for Soulja Boy. Also is liking Soulja Boy now a new trend at DUBCC???
i donīt like Soulja Boy but he is 100x more original then Papoose.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2008, 07:19:02 AM »
^Yeah he is, SUPERMAN THAT HOEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

GimmeYourShoes

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2008, 07:33:43 AM »
Thus far only Big Pokey's Evacuation Notice has been worth of buying. Bun B's album was a dissapointment. Quantity vise it's the year for the South.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/S_oMD6-6q5Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/S_oMD6-6q5Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6</a>

J Bananas

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2008, 06:26:08 PM »
I really don't give a damn what the biggest year for the south is, especially when there's mostly garbage coming out from the south. Here's a little prediction about the albums you listed:

TI - Paper Trail -> This will have maybe one or two tracks that I'll listen to for quite some time and then forget about it. The rest will be good for the recycle bin of my hard drive.
Young Jeezy - The Recession -> I downloaded this and decided to throw away the album after I listened to the first three songs.
Plies - Da Realist -> It was like my ears couldn't stop bleeding after I heard his last album.
Ludacris - Theatre of Mind -> That mixtape he dropped was terrible. Luda can't hold down an album on his own. This might have one or two songs I'm gonna keep, but I keep my fingers crossed.
DJ Khaled - We Global -> This will probably have some bangers that get old after five spins.
T Pain - Thr33 Ringz -> I like that Pre Kingz mixtape. Hopefully he'll rap a lot on this album, but what I heard so far from this album doesn't predict much good...
Nelly - Brass Knuckles -> One album I actually look forward to. The songs that are out so far are good songs IMO
Big Boi - Sir Luscious Left Foot: The Son of Chico Dusty ->That single with MJB is disappointing. Hopefully the rest of the album is better

Lil Wayne - Tha Carter III -> Not my cup of tea, but it was at least better than C2. Lil Wayne fell the fuck off.
Bun B - II Trill -> I don't even remember one track title. Very disappointing album
Rick Ross - Trilla -> See Bun B :P
Plies - Definition of Real -> You gotta have a vagina to like this album
Flo-Rida -> I saved three songs. Good job Flo-Rida, you did better than most of your southern colleagues.
Killer Mike -> don't care much about dude
David Banner -> not one good song. Big ups to David Banner!

I agree pretty much 100 except for I liked the Killer Mike album and the Big Boi single, and I'm not looking forward to Nelly.

sav

« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2008, 06:55:17 PM »
David Banner -> not one good song.

"Suicide Doors"