Author Topic: Confession: Dawson's Creek Is A Great Show!!  (Read 261 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Confession: Dawson's Creek Is A Great Show!!
« on: September 13, 2008, 01:29:00 AM »
The theme song, the vocabulary, dialogue, the fact that Dawson's character is based on the true life experience of the writer of the show.... I LOVE IT, I CONFESS!!   

Anyway, I'm not afraid to admit it to the world!  I used to think Oz was a great show on HBO, but these days I would rather see Dawson's Creek.  I didn't even realize how great of a show this was all these years, I happened to catch some late night episodes (3am) on TBS while at work, and now I'm hooked!  This show is about growing up, making mistakes, relationships that mean everything to us, those moments that live forever; heartbreak.

I want to speak from a cultural perspective, and say that I think it is white American culture at it's very best.  It is the best white American culture has to offer.  This show represents it.  It's a very positive portrayal of American life and sensibilities for the rest of the world.  It's something that white American culture can really be proud of. 

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/yT0TjcVkCks&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/yT0TjcVkCks&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>
« Last Edit: September 13, 2008, 01:48:32 AM by Infinite 5'9" »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Re: Confession: Dawson's Creek Is A Great Show!!
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2008, 06:14:10 AM »
I could never get the past the fact that every character talked like they were a Harvard English Major. I mean I could understand if a 15 year old Dawson was considered gifted and used words that only a 70 year old British professor would use. But every fucking kid in the show talked like that.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2008, 04:35:47 PM »
I could never get the past the fact that every character talked like they were a Harvard English Major. I mean I could understand if a 15 year old Dawson was considered gifted and used words that only a 70 year old British professor would use. But every fucking kid in the show talked like that.

That's what makes the show so good though.  Usually they dumb everything down on television, but on this show... they did the opposite.

The Watcher

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2008, 09:00:32 PM »
which one of the actors has turned muslim?
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2008, 09:06:09 PM »
classic bitch

used to watch it all the time when I was a kid
no re-runs here
links are appreciated
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2008, 10:45:14 PM »

That's what makes the show so good though.  Usually they dumb everything down on television, but on this show... they did the opposite.

I prefer realism over intelligence. It just felt to me like a bunch of Harvard grads re-writing high school the way they wish it was. The best adaptation of teens on TV that I have seen was Degrassi Junior High from the 80s. It wasn't perfect but compared to 90210 or OC it may as well have been.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2008, 11:08:01 PM »

I prefer realism over intelligence. It just felt to me like a bunch of Harvard grads re-writing high school the way they wish it was. The best adaptation of teens on TV that I have seen was Degrassi Junior High from the 80s. It wasn't perfect but compared to 90210 or OC it may as well have been.

It's not as fake as you think.  Dawson's character is actually based upon the real life experiences of the show's writer.  So it's semi-autobiographical.  Make you feel any better knowing that?  It did for me.

And I've never heard of the Degrassi show you were reffering to.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2008, 12:36:25 AM »
i never cared for the show, too girly for my taste.

but the best highschool series in my opinion is freaks and geeks and shortly after that Undeclared.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2008, 06:36:03 AM »
yea never got into it, sad to say i watched the oc, i thought it was great, i had a major crush in mischa and the directing was awesome,

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2008, 07:50:14 AM »

It's not as fake as you think.  Dawson's character is actually based upon the real life experiences of the show's writer.  So it's semi-autobiographical.  Make you feel any better knowing that?  It did for me.

And I've never heard of the Degrassi show you were reffering to.

Like I said if it was Dawson alone who spoke like that it'd be fine, but for a slacker kid like Pacey or some of the football jocks to talk like grad students doesn't make sense. It doesn't seem real. It wasn't written from the point of view of 16 year olds.

Degrassi was a Canadian show that aired in canada and the north east US.

Don Jacob; you're right, Freaks and Geeks was miles ahead of the other US teen shows.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2008, 12:53:49 PM »
fuck realism. if I want realism I go outside. I don't watch a fictious TV show.
No, it's not a sin

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2008, 03:05:29 PM »

Do you want an argument out of me here? Am I supposed to tell you what your tastes should be. Me telling you that realistic art is better than abstract art is like me telling you chocolate ice cream is better than vanilla.

I prefer a straight realistic drama to an over the top fake one. I prefer a life like portrait of a person over some of Picasso's later work.

Doggystylin

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2008, 09:45:03 AM »
i never cared for the show, too girly for my taste.

but the best highschool series in my opinion is freaks and geeks and shortly after that Undeclared.

Undeclared = College.

Freaks and Geeks is one of the best shows I've seen.

But back on the subject at hand. I've always been apprehensive about watching this show but recently I've just been hearing more and more about it. I think Infinite might be the nail in the coffin. I got to check it out now.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2008, 03:56:54 PM »

Do you want an argument out of me here? Am I supposed to tell you what your tastes should be. Me telling you that realistic art is better than abstract art is like me telling you chocolate ice cream is better than vanilla.

I prefer a straight realistic drama to an over the top fake one. I prefer a life like portrait of a person over some of Picasso's later work.

Of course not. I just tell the board how I feel. Why does everything have to be an argument; a better or worse kind of thing to you?
No, it's not a sin

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2008, 04:53:26 PM »

Of course not. I just tell the board how I feel. Why does everything have to be an argument; a better or worse kind of thing to you?

I took it as an argument because you stated by saying fuck what I like about TV shows and then criticized realistic dramas. And you posted it right after my post.