Author Topic: A-Wax  (Read 387 times)

Shamediddy

• Lil Geezy
A-Wax
« on: September 15, 2008, 02:22:09 PM »
Whats up everybody, I grew up in Las Vegas/Barstow/Long Beach and just moved to the Bay a couple years ago, never really been up on the bay area scene too much but I got into Brotha Lynch, Messy Marv and some other gangsta rappers from up here.  After getting into the Mob Figz a couple years ago I started to open my ear to this nigga A-Wax.  Too me he's one of the better up and coming rappers and all his material he has released thus far has been pretty damn good.  What do ya'll think of Wax-face just cus I scrolled through some pages and didn't see anything about him.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/OmpPl1QTDA4" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/OmpPl1QTDA4</a>

thats one of his songs from his new wax face mixtape
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 01:28:08 PM by Shamediddy »

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

Re: A-Wax
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2008, 02:33:54 PM »
He's alright.  I only liked 2 of his songs.  Haven't listened to them in a long time.

Shamediddy

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2008, 02:40:26 PM »
Did you check that song in the link I posted?

His first album Savage Times was when he had the more Kurupt-esque aggressive flow and I've seen people that only like that material.  Unconditional Thug was a great album, his mixtapes are all pretty good, Rat Poison, Thug Deluxe, Pyrex pt 1,

he has a unique style that I just find refreshing

Shamediddy

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2008, 03:42:59 PM »
The funniest thing is whenever I ask somebody from up around this area (Oakland, Richmond, SF, hell even Pittsburgh) most people either say "I like awax fuck the mob" or "Fuck gay-wax its all about the mob", I know the two have beef but i've never seen a rapper be so polarizing, I still like Jacka, Hus, AP, Rydah and to a lesser extent Fedex so I don't see why people can't get over some rap beef(no matter how 'real' it may be) and start appreciating good music.

the vine

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2008, 05:52:45 PM »
people say fuk awax cuz its believed he snitched on hus

a lot of bay cats take that shyt seriously, like its personal

Shamediddy

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2008, 08:24:22 AM »
Hus is doing less than the federally mandated sentence and got caught with 10+ kicks so I doubt anybody 'snitched' on him.

http://www.mininova.org/tor/1586000

thats his new mixtape with Sincere Sosa, all the wax tracks are nice as hell.

Shamediddy

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2008, 04:04:27 PM »
www.a-wax.com has a new mixtape by him for free download, I've only checked the first couple tracks but its nice

lawz2760

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2008, 03:50:09 AM »
A wax is pretty much my favorite rapper from the bay right now and has been for years.

Folks need to check out some of his music..if you dont feel one album try another....he has a lot of stuff and each album has different flows and concepts

Do you need a credit card for internet orders? Check this out for Low Interest Credit Cards and great card offers, check out my site.

http://lawz2760.newcreditapplications.com/

zilla

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2008, 09:10:39 AM »
if you aint knowing bout wax, better get on it!! we been fuckin wit him for years out here.. he recently signed with Akon's konvict muzic.. he comin out 09..

Shamediddy

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2008, 09:27:52 AM »
I agree his with dukes above me that said each album has a different feel.  Savage Times was a raw and rugged album with his aggressive Kurupt like flow.  While Thug Deluxe was a laid back with the same producer doing it all.

again i usually am into gangsta rap and only a few do it in the Bay

bullet_wrongkind

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2008, 09:40:32 AM »
he got signed to akons label???  ::) soon he aint more ya favourite rapper wit gaykons hooks on tracks

Shamediddy

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2008, 09:48:37 AM »
Akon has some good hooks

"Locked Up"

"Gangsta Party"

and Teddy Pain brings the moolah

east bay funk

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2008, 02:13:08 PM »
FREE HUS

PLAYA510

• Lil Geezy
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2008, 05:04:10 PM »
A-WAX IS WEAK AS FUCK, HIS FIRST ALBUM WAS DOPE BUT HIS STYLE NOW IS WEAK AND HES BASICALLY BLACKBALLED IN THE BAY FOR OPENING HIS MOUTH TO MUCH NOT ONLY TALKEN BOUT HUS BOUT ALSO ABOUT PRETTY BLACK AND SOME OTHERS. YOU GOTTA REALIZE MOST OF THE BIG NAMES IN THE BAY AREA ARE AFFIALIATED WITHOTHER AND IF YOUR BEEFEN WITH ALL THESE DUDES NOONES GONNA FUCK WITH YOU

Shamediddy

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2008, 08:38:38 AM »
funny now how San Quinn is saying the same shit about AP 9 as Waxface has been saying

anyway i know people that only like his aggressive style and not his newer laid back shit

i like both, actually I prefer the laid back style

A-wax the album dropping soon