Author Topic: DUBCNN: Long Beach group FrattHouse Release Controversial "New West" Track [Audi  (Read 889 times)

MAYORR

• Lil Geezy
I RESPECT THE OLD BUT YOU GOTTA MAKE WAY FOR THE NEW...IT'S LIKE OUR O.G RAP NIGGAZ OVER HERE DON'T KNO WHEN TO HANG IT UP...IT'S LIKE TARNISHIN YOUR LEGACY...ITS LIKE AN TRIPLE O.G TRYNA GO HAND'S WITH THE WILDEST Y.G FROM HIS HIS SET IN THE OCTAGON,HE GONNA TAPOUT!!!LOL BUT FA REAL 8)

WE KNO YOU ONLY IN THE SET ON HOOD....YOU A FAMILY MAN NOW....LET US RUN THE HOOD BECAUSE WE HERE IN THE HOOD...TRANSLATION YA'LL NOT IN THE STREET'S NO MORE AND SOME OF THEM NEVA WAS,IT'S OUR TURN TO FEAST! ;D

eLinsecto

• Lil Geezy
So let me get this right. It shouldn't be a problem when the OG"s on the west won't help bring new artists into the game? No one is looking for a hand out but didn't TI bring out Dro and PSC? Didn't Jay bring in Siegel, kanye,etc. These guys are business men who will eventually sit on there ass and collect money off of the new blood they bring in. There are icons on the west coast that call our radio stations and stop new west artists albums from being played when the start to blow up. If a coast lacks new blood it will die. u think the west coast is not getting spun just because everyone hates us? No! WE HAVE TO EVOLVE! Niggas been rappin about the same shit since NWA dropped boys in the hood. So if cats wanna ride the old wests dick and be resistant to change than die with the coast. Fratthouse is far from whack and Bishop ,glasses,and crooked are amazing as well.  There will be a west devide until the old west recognizes the younstaz. The new west is a factor......

Man... are you refering to ice cube?, the same hommie who brought us yo-yo, threat, lench mob, kam, k-dee, kausion, del the funky homosapiens, etc... and introduced us to mack 10, whose protegee is g malone, right?... and still u saying he aint brought shit to the table... don't share that point of view. To me, Ice cube just got frustrated of putting people down and then getting all dissapointed, like in kam's case. Maybe it aint he has no time to, he just aint got the feeling to.... all the people mentioned above made him lose it.... peace from EL SALVADOR...
oralinsky compadrinskys

Thanx for the 80's/90's reminder. look it's 2008. No doubt he brought some folks in but I don't know how well versed u are in business but a few of the artists you mentioned still are shitting blood from those deals. Anyhow this is about the here and now. The west had a pulse back then, we are dead right now.  Frustrated or not the west needs the OG's to stand by 'em. By the way I just love how the artists you mentioned are just prospering right now hahahahahaha! Peace from Long Beach.......
[/b]

Hey, he's standing up for the west coast, as always, U hear on his interview when he says, "they never (the media) given a fuck 'bout the west coast, so I got used to it ", It is not cube fault the whole coast went down outta coast, all new west coast breed rappers got the media against them, not the og rappers... u wanna know how these new rappers gonna blow up, releasing that dope shit these old rappers released back in the years, because of that the west got put on, it takes the same for these new cats. By the way I ain´t mentioned the dope, wee, they are... I love the west, forever, and its always gonna be for cats like cube. The west is been dead for a while now, the 2000's aint been the best years, cube just came back with laugh now, and went gold independently, as old as he is. These new cats got to force themselves to come out hot and dope, nevermind the media and stand up for the west coast... It has to be heart over money, dont u think?, if they managed to have both.. they on some shit... im out dog

eLinsecto

• Lil Geezy
One mo thing... these so-called old west vrs new west issue aint bringin nothing good for the coast... in fact, dont you all think that was the reason why the west went down?, beef?... I know thats the cali way, bangin no matter whom, but just think all the beefs back in the day among west coasters and they had to deal with the east coast shit as well.

Divide and conquer. West coast please, UNITE. I miss you.

Amy

• Lil Geezy
Re: DUBCNN: Long Beach group FrattHouse Release Controversial "New West" Track [
« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2008, 04:13:21 PM »
PROPS TO FRATTHOUSE, they got the balls to say what all of us are really thinking!  Im diggin' the new west rappers.

Amy

• Lil Geezy
Re: DUBCNN: Long Beach group FrattHouse Release Controversial "New West" Track [
« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2008, 04:28:23 PM »
yall are reading into this a little too much.

this new west shit is starting to sound more like a marketing tool.

although i appreciate new artists coming in and changing out the musical
landscape for westcoast hip hop, i don't think it's necessary to get that acknowledgment
from the older artists. these newer artists are much more talented lyrically and
are coming with dope shit.

i think everybody on the west, should just go independent.
fuck a major label, rap sales aren't there anymore.
and fuck bringing the west coast back in the mainstream.
people already dick ride our shit enough.
lets keep it independent and keep putting out quality music instead.

no, to my knowledge, "The New West" means that sound that you hear on the west coast that doesn't sound like the "typical west coast", and alot of people from about 28 and down are doing it.

Old west is that typical west coast sound, like if you ask anybody what west coast music sounds like, they tell you that one typical sound thats been played out in TV and video games lol, g funk, don't get me wrong, its still hot, but its old school.  I mean, snoop got kids that look like they could be rappers in like 2 more years, we must move on, old school west support the new west generation, (but continue to bump you old west music if you want) and new school west artist, fuck what these old school guys are talking about and go hard!!!!!  & you'll all be laughing about this in interviews in about 2 years talking bout how these niggahs was not doing they jobs as icons lol, shit will be funny by then!

NEW WEST EXCLUSIVE

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2008, 04:37:49 PM »
Big Up FrattHouse!!

Look out for the New West Movement, shit is real serious! :o
& Big up to all the OGs that do lend a hand here & there!
not everybody is juiced up on haterade and hollywood...There's some thorough OGs out there too, so big ups

Amy

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2008, 04:50:13 PM »
hot shit!

eLinsecto

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2008, 05:46:58 PM »

landscape for westcoast hip hop, i don't think it's necessary to get that acknowledgment
from the older artists. these newer artists are much more talented lyrically and

no, to my knowledge, "The New West" means that sound that you hear on the west coast that doesn't sound like the "typical west coast", and alot of people from about 28 and down are doing it.

Old west is that typical west coast sound, like if you ask anybody what west coast music sounds like, they tell you that one typical sound thats been played out in TV and video games lol, g funk, don't get me wrong, its still hot, but its old school.  I mean, snoop got kids that look like they could be rappers in like 2 more years, we must move on, old school west support the new west generation, (but continue to bump you old west music if you want) and new school west artist, fuck what these old school guys are talking about and go hard!!!!!  & you'll all be laughing about this in interviews in about 2 years talking bout how these niggahs was not doing they jobs as icons lol, shit will be funny by then!

But Amy, yes, it is going its on way, yet, itq still sounds west coast, you know.. like that WEST SIDE - KAIZER SOSE track, u hear the beat and you know it´s west coast, Mellow beats provided by the left side natural brackground... music evolutionates, for bad or good, but this track beat (west side), sounds a lot like goldie loc beats on loc'd out, ... old dude, album released on 2005... simply evolution, old cats evolutionate with the music or get stock, ice cube aint stocked.... it's like saying them hommies up north in the yay aint doing the hyphy shit... now thats a movement enforced by old and young... lets start doing the same... no new west... simply WEST COAST.... FOE LIFE!

Why this flathousers maD? cuz ice cube said he dont want any protegee, let him be, he simply doesnt feel like, look for another cat cat who's willing then, if can't find them, go bolo y solo, then... let's not blame the OGS.... remember "You muthaf**kas programmed by the programmers
That’s why you getting locked up by the dope slammers, Not me"... ice cube, it takes a nation...

Amy

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2008, 06:01:14 PM »

But Amy, yes, it is going its on way, yet, itq still sounds west coast, you know.. like that WEST SIDE - KAIZER SOSE track, u hear the beat and you know it´s west coast, Mellow beats provided by the left side natural brackground... music evolutionates, for bad or good, but this track beat (west side), sounds a lot like goldie loc beats on loc'd out, ... old dude, album released on 2005... simply evolution, old cats evolutionate with the music or get stock, ice cube aint stocked.... it's like saying them hommies up north in the yay aint doing the hyphy shit... now thats a movement enforced by old and young... lets start doing the same... no new west... simply WEST COAST.... FOE LIFE!

Why this flathousers maD? cuz ice cube said he dont want any protegee, let him be, he simply doesnt feel like, look for another cat cat who's willing then, if can't find them, go bolo y solo, then... let's not blame the OGS.... remember "You muthaf**kas programmed by the programmers
That’s why you getting locked up by the dope slammers, Not me"... ice cube, it takes a nation...

yeah i like this song, this is an good introduction to killa kali for people visiting, bass line is sick

and yeah, your right, the older guys should support these young brothers at here working hard to put their music out, I don't know whats up with them ???

HimselfTheMajestic

« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2008, 06:46:24 PM »
to me, with most west coast hip hop, mainstream, gangster, "indie","alternative" or otherwise all
sounds like shit that was done before. most the beats these cats are using are wanna be dre beats from
his 2001 era. people are still gang banging on wax and talking about selling crack and talking about
how dangerous southern california is. so it's not really like anyone switched shit up.

aside from a few artists, most everybody still doing the same shit.
i like the big majority of the new west though. so im not hating, i just don't really see the "new" part.

but i blame this shit on the fans not the artists. people put the artists in a place where
they gotta adhere to a certain way of being to be successful.

like you gotta be a G, you gotta talk about the west coast non stop(seriously yo, how many "welcome to california" songs do we need?),
you're not a west coast hip hop artist if you're not rapping on some shit that sounds like funky worm.
like god damn, how many times we gonna hear a song with the same fucken sample?

yo for real though, i don't blame the artists at all. and west coast underground hip hop ain't what it used to
be either. most artists tend to decline in age but god damn, the quality music coming out of
the west right now is below average at best.

not everybody that comes out the west can be pac, or a big time drug dealer gangster or mack or whatever.
and thats all anyone is showing out, and that shits played cuz rappers from the east and the south
doing the same god damn thing.

it's not just california that has whack hip hop right now, whack and redundant hip hop is coming
out every corner of the US. but california has had the unique opportunity to step up and
present some dope material, and there has been a lot of dope material coming, but these
cats keep fucking with major labels and not learning their lessons. with all this boss talk and
being big time, you'd think these mother fuckers would have founded their own labels
or put their own albums out by now.

the last thing that i thought was fresh out the west as far as a movement went, was
hyphy, but i think that was too flashy and disparate for a lot of people in so cal,
so it probably didn't jump off as much as it should've. plus the bay tended to be pretty
exclusive with it.

also, i do believe older rappers are hogging up a lot of the attention and not letting
dudes shine as far as the mainstream goes, so i will give these dudes that at least.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
Man music is music at the end of the day. West coast artists are west coast artists. New or establish. I agree the support out west ain't that great, but there are alot of new artists out here grinding everyday. Sometimes in life you can't wait for a handout. My motto get on my level or go get a shovel. And alot of cats are busting down the doors themselves. And there are alot of OG rappers that do things behind the scenes to help artists out that alot of us here in computer land don't see. Maybe it is because we are behind a computer.

Amy

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2008, 07:01:03 PM »
to me, with most west coast hip hop, mainstream, gangster, "indie","alternative" or otherwise all
sounds like shit that was done before. most the beats these cats are using are wanna be dre beats from
his 2001 era. people are still gang banging on wax and talking about selling crack and talking about
how dangerous southern california is. so it's not really like anyone switched shit up.

aside from a few artists, most everybody still doing the same shit.
i like the big majority of the new west though. so im not hating, i just don't really see the "new" part.

but i blame this shit on the fans not the artists. people put the artists in a place where
they gotta adhere to a certain way of being to be successful.

like you gotta be a G, you gotta talk about the west coast non stop(seriously yo, how many "welcome to california" songs do we need?),
you're not a west coast hip hop artist if you're not rapping on some shit that sounds like funky worm.
like god damn, how many times we gonna hear a song with the same fucken sample?

yo for real though, i don't blame the artists at all. and west coast underground hip hop ain't what it used to
be either. most artists tend to decline in age but god damn, the quality music coming out of
the west right now is below average at best.

not everybody that comes out the west can be pac, or a big time drug dealer gangster or mack or whatever.
and thats all anyone is showing out, and that shits played cuz rappers from the east and the south
doing the same god damn thing.

it's not just california that has whack hip hop right now, whack and redundant hip hop is coming
out every corner of the US. but california has had the unique opportunity to step up and
present some dope material, and there has been a lot of dope material coming, but these
cats keep fucking with major labels and not learning their lessons. with all this boss talk and
being big time, you'd think these mother fuckers would have founded their own labels
or put their own albums out by now.

the last thing that i thought was fresh out the west as far as a movement went, was
hyphy, but i think that was too flashy and disparate for a lot of people in so cal,
so it probably didn't jump off as much as it should've. plus the bay tended to be pretty
exclusive with it.

also, i do believe older rappers are hogging up a lot of the attention and not letting
dudes shine as far as the mainstream goes, so i will give these dudes that at least.
:tosser:
West Coast people are proud, I expect to hear a welcome to Cali track from every West rapper just because we are a pride state,
thats the culture here, you should know that by now.

as far as difference, i've notice alot of the new west artist aren't afraid to try new things, theres not really for say, a Suge Knight monitoring them like in the past,
they all are different which is making our coast look very diverse which it really is, i mean there is gangsta rap, lyrical rap, southern cali style rap, northern cali style, daygo style, chicano style, there is alot of flavor, i just want everybody to do their thing, but at the end of the day have respect for one another instead of hating them for not sounding like Snoop, there is one snoop, one tupac, they paved the way, they did they thing, but now its time for something i never heard before, something brand new and fresh!

pac 4 life

• Lil Geezy
I love me some West Coast anthems, thats why my favorite right of all time is pac!
this is my shit right here too! West Coast, we do the most get with it!
http://www.imeem.com/people/dm5HqGd/music/iqPYCxFQ/kaizer_sose_feat_espy_k_certified_closin_in_kaizer_sos/
"CLOSING IN"

pac 4 life

• Lil Geezy
I love me some West Coast anthems, thats why my favorite right of all time is pac!
http://www.imeem.com/people/dm5HqGd/music/iqPYCxFQ/kaizer_sose_feat_espy_k_certified_closin_in_kaizer_sos/
"CLOSING IN"
this my shit too, "Run the City" feat. Lloyd
he kills the second verse
http://www.imeem.com/courtneylupinitx/music/YqNCdiZw/lloyd_feat_kaizer_sose_run_the_city/

Amy

• Lil Geezy
"CLOSING IN"
this my shit too, "Run the City" feat. Lloyd
he kills the second verse
http://www.imeem.com/courtneylupinitx/music/YqNCdiZw/lloyd_feat_kaizer_sose_run_the_city/

Lloyd's over-rated, but Kaizer and whoever that was on the last verse really brought that track alive!  Props