Author Topic: Nelly's "Brass Knuckles": 43k copies sold in the United States  (Read 740 times)

Elano

Nelly's "Brass Knuckles": 43k copies sold in the United States
« on: September 23, 2008, 04:10:19 AM »
It looks like Nelly's about to pull a LL! The current underwear model's newest CD "Brass Knuckles" is a bomb.

A source at Universal just called to inform me that Nelly's new album will enter the charts on Wednesday with disappointing sales figures.

"We did everything we could, but it just didn't happen." My source says. "The estimate as of today is around 43k copies sold in the United States."

Nelly's fourth album sales pale in comparison to his previous multi-platinum records.

I can't say that this information surprises me one. Earlier in the summer I dropped a blog on why Nelly was going to fail with this project.

After failing to generate a hit single, after more than three attempts, and choosing to team up with Jermaine Dupri, Stevie Wonder could've seen this happening.

Maybe we will all get lucky and Cornell will threaten to quit hip-hop like LL Cool J!

(sohh)

soulja85

• 'G'
Re: Nelly's "Brass Knuckles": 43k copies sold in the United States
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2008, 04:52:20 AM »
I bet the advertising budget was 100x more than LL had also  :D

knowldge

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2008, 07:20:16 AM »
lol

ABN

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2008, 07:49:21 AM »
kinda saw it coming that it was gonna do weak numbers but not this weak.

GimmeYourShoes

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2008, 09:21:05 AM »
That many.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/S_oMD6-6q5Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/S_oMD6-6q5Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6</a>

Old English

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2008, 09:43:07 AM »
i like Nelly but he just isnt making the kind of hit single as he has in the past. this is one case where i really believe the label shld have pushed an album back

KWayz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2008, 09:49:25 AM »
It looks like Nelly's about to pull a LL! The current underwear model's newest CD "Brass Knuckles" is a bomb.

A source at Universal just called to inform me that Nelly's new album will enter the charts on Wednesday with disappointing sales figures.

"We did everything we could, but it just didn't happen." My source says. "The estimate as of today is around 43k copies sold in the United States."

Nelly's fourth album sales pale in comparison to his previous multi-platinum records.

I can't say that this information surprises me one. Earlier in the summer I dropped a blog on why Nelly was going to fail with this project.

After failing to generate a hit single, after more than three attempts, and choosing to team up with Jermaine Dupri, Stevie Wonder could've seen this happening.

Maybe we will all get lucky and Cornell will threaten to quit hip-hop like LL Cool J!

(sohh)

ummm sales are at 55% right now and he is currently at 51K, I expect around the 80K mark by end of the day.....

midwestryder

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2008, 09:51:16 AM »

(sohh)

maybe we will get lucky & you will leave & never come back ,hater . nelly will not retire or quit ,hater .the mayor of st louis is not going anywhere but to top as normal.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 09:59:32 AM by midwestryder »

wardy

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2008, 03:23:47 PM »
Acc to Hits Daily Double he did 81k

Game has done another 43k with a 11% drop, looks like he stabilising his position

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2008, 08:24:22 PM »
Granted Nelly was hot lke 6-7 years ago but fuuuuuck this is low.

Cd's sales we all know are in trouble but damn this is so bad.

Invincible

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2008, 08:55:56 PM »

(sohh)

maybe we will get lucky & you will leave & never come back ,hater . nelly will not retire or quit ,hater .the mayor of st louis is not going anywhere but to top as normal.

Another hater post from midwestryder, its the truth, Nelly is wack and always has been.

midwestryder

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2008, 11:28:06 PM »

(sohh)

Another hater post from midwestryder, its the truth, Nelly is wack and always has been.
no it is not truth . nelly is not wack at all ,hater. every album of nellys  except brass knuckles  has went multi-platinum & that means nell has never ever been wack . how do you even know waht hip hop is ? you are from england & i from the home of hip hop america . so i know what is wack & what is not wack over you because you are from england . you forget americans know more about hip hop then anybody in your country because it is our cultuire not your .so act like it . nelly is not wack & never gas been ,. i am the only one who speaks the truht not you ,outsider . unless you live in americna you don't know crap about hip hop. you don't know how we live or act in america. snelly make old school 1980;s style part rap & i form the real old school unlike you ,hater  i speak facts while you only speak stupid opinion.

midwestryder

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2008, 11:34:02 PM »
Granted Nelly was hot lke 6-7 years ago but fuuuuuck this is low.

Cd's sales we all know are in trouble but damn this is so bad.
no granted nelly was hot 3 year ago not 6-7 years ago.nelly last multi-platinum album was 2005/2006.

Invincible

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2008, 05:37:59 AM »

(sohh)

no it is not truth . nelly is not wack at all ,hater. every album of nellys  except brass knuckles  has went multi-platinum & that means nell has never ever been wack . how do you even know waht hip hop is ? you are from england & i from the home of hip hop america . so i know what is wack & what is not wack over you because you are from england . you forget americans know more about hip hop then anybody in your country because it is our cultuire not your .so act like it . nelly is not wack & never gas been ,. i am the only one who speaks the truht not you ,outsider . unless you live in americna you don't know crap about hip hop. you don't know how we live or act in america. snelly make old school 1980;s style part rap & i form the real old school unlike you ,hater  i speak facts while you only speak stupid opinion.

Gang Starr have only had 1 Gold album in the States, does that make them wack? No, so take your corny arse out of this forum and take it to a Nelly forum somewhere where you would be most welcome.

al3000

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2008, 07:52:48 AM »

(sohh)

Gang Starr have only had 1 Gold album in the States, does that make them wack? No, so take your corny arse out of this forum and take it to a Nelly forum somewhere where you would be most welcome.

Real talk props for mentioning a REAL MC....Nelly was a gimmik..and..gimmiks don't last....