Author Topic: Is it Safe To Say That Omar Cruz,G Malone and Jay Rocks Videos Flopped?  (Read 846 times)

TAKEMONEYENT

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • 115ST WATTS
Re: Is it Safe To Say That Omar Cruz,G Malone and Jay Rocks Videos Flopped?
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2008, 09:34:42 AM »
as for omar cruz, his video is for exposure and hes got over 100.000+ views on youtube and he's beginning to make a name for himself! solely!
JAY ROCK! jay rock is the first video i EVER seen on worldstarhiphop.com with 1 million + views - current views: Total Views 1.342.209

WOW. :o THIS IS A GREAT ACHIEVEMENT  :o
Jesus christ! youtube and worldstarhiphop.com  :o DAAAAAAAAAAMN  :o HOLY SHIT!

first of all you dumb motherfucker, sites like youtube and wshh get more views then if the videos were playing on BET! and what the fuck do you expect a video to achieve?? its there so it can be VIEWED! im sorry if you thought they would of sold 10 million records and won 5 grammys each by now! maybe thats how it works in EUROPE! but not in the real world
« Last Edit: October 27, 2008, 09:40:35 AM by TAKEMONEYENT »

-------------------------------------------ME THROWIN UP THE W - WATTS------------------------------------------------

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2008, 09:45:57 AM »
Ya'll are setting the bar too high for these artists. No artist is going to blow up from the West Coast in this day and age. The West Coast has to build from the ground up, not try to jump to the top. Omar, Malone and Jay all got some level of exspure which is good (especially Malone getting spin on BET), but it's just the first step. The West Coast is going to gradually build up success if it does at all. It's sad that some artists spend so much money and effort to receive what comes easier for artists from other regions, but you take what (or as much as) you can get.

Elano

« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2008, 10:43:04 AM »
as for omar cruz, his video is for exposure and hes got over 100.000+ views on youtube and he's beginning to make a name for himself! solely!
JAY ROCK! jay rock is the first video i EVER seen on worldstarhiphop.com with 1 million + views - current views: Total Views 1.342.209

first of all you dumb motherfucker, sites like youtube and wshh get more views then if the videos were playing on BET! and what the fuck do you expect a video to achieve?? its there so it can be VIEWED! im sorry if you thought they would of sold 10 million records and won 5 grammys each by now! maybe thats how it works in EUROPE! but not in the real world

uh,you live in a land with no story and culture and you talk about europe like not the real world ? you are the dumb motherfucker

TAKEMONEYENT

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • 115ST WATTS
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2008, 10:49:21 AM »

uh,you live in a land with no story and culture and you talk about europe like not the real world ? you are the dumb motherfucker

LMFAO! what the fuck are you doing on this site?

-------------------------------------------ME THROWIN UP THE W - WATTS------------------------------------------------

DPGC23

« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2008, 11:08:23 AM »
HERE'S MY SHIT ON THIS SUBJECT,
UGOTA STOP THINKIN LIKE ITS 1993 AND START THINKIN LIKE ITS 2008 GOIN ONTO 2009

LIFE REVOLVES ROUND THE INTERNET NOW FOR THE MOST PART,
ULOOK GO 2 1993 PLUS, AND YEA UNEEDED TV PLAY N RADIO PLAY,
NOT SAYIN UDONT KNOW, BUTTTT
IT IS DIFF NOW

PPL LAUGHIN@ OH HE GOT 1MILLION UTUBE HITS, GUESS WHAT??? ITS 2008!!! UR SUPPOSED 2 MARKET URSELF AND GET XPOSURE A DIFFERNT WAY

JUS LIKE ALBUMS RNT SELLIN BUT ITUNES, RINGTONES ETC R,

PPL LAUGH @ OH SO N SO HAD 300 000 DOWNLOADS OFF HIS ALBUM, OR MIXTAPE OR WHATEVER, PPL RNT BUYIN MANY CDS NOW, THEY R DOWNLOADIN, SO UGOTA MARKET YOUR DOWNLOADS INA WAY 2 MAKE $$$

ANYWAY, LAUGHIN@ GOIN PLATINUM ON DEODORANT SALES HAHA DOPE

DPGC23
WWW.927KKUU.COM
WWW.MYSPACE.COM/BASEMENT24
WWW.BASEMENTRADIO.FM
10P TO 1A PACIFIC SAT NITES

WWW.BASEMENT24.PROBOARDS.COM
BASEBALL FAR AWAY WHISTLEEEEEEEE

GENERAL ZOD

« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2008, 11:45:04 AM »
the music industry lost faith in the west  :-\

realtalk

• 'G'
« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2008, 11:56:40 AM »

JAY ROCK! jay rock is the first video i EVER seen on worldstarhiphop.com with 1 million + views - current views: Total Views 1.342.209 and its steady getting spins across the nation! and worldwide exposure! jay rock is steady becoming the next big thing, and he's going on tour with game too soon!! so he's onw more of a figure then he ever was!

so instead of this " Omar Cruz,G Malone and Jay Rocks Videos Flopped? " why dont you vote for them so they dont flop:

http://www.bet.com/OnTV/BETShows/106andpark/106_vote_poll.htm

1)youtube aint shit, lol, David Banner and All them Bun B dudes gets 1 million plus views, and they aint shit, Lol, hot Rod Video had 1 million views on WSH, and what? you fuking stupid fuck

2)Jay Rocks Single has not been played once on Any radio, do u want the charts? I got detailed charts for Urban and Rhythmic, nowhere, What Exposure u talking about???

3)Who said that Jay Rock is Going on TOur with Game? he did? In that lil Video? That aint shit, Game is doing UK tour By Himself, Jay Rock aint oing there.

So, Mostwanted, Get off the nuts fagget.

Who said

do more research jay rock has just started working his single this month he has over 400spins on the record without working it . lets see wut happens now that he has clearance and can work it now. im hearing video will be on bet starting the middle of nov so keep your eyes open jay rock is on the come up..im his biggest fan

Elano

« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2008, 01:03:04 PM »

LMFAO! what the fuck are you doing on this site?

i'm tryin to form a net gang

SeanOne

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2008, 10:24:14 PM »

2)Jay Rocks Single has not been played once on Any radio, do u want the charts? I got detailed charts for Urban and Rhythmic, nowhere, What Exposure u talking about???

not hating homie but your "detailed charts" are flawed, because i have hit that play button on J Rock tracks personally.  Now real shit we are a small station in a small area, BUT we are a monitored station so the charts that you have would show the song played, and this has been happening for a couple months.

Now as far as the topic goes, i dont know if the videos flopped.  As far as tv goes, if you are on the west you really dont get a whole lot of rotation on BET or MTV, that is not to say you dont get any, because i have seen west videos on there in the past.  I just dont think the love is there, i saw Snoop on Rap City one day and his Sexual Seduction track was doing real well at the time, but they couldnt even show the video.  I am not a fan of that track or that video personally, but this dude is hosting the show.  The least you can do is show his video.  The problem that the west is having right now is that the record labels have made it damn near impossible to succeed.  The record label will not promote you unless you are getting radio play, and the radio stations wont play you unless the record label is pushing you.  The shit is loose loose for an artist.  With that being said, the only way to really break into things is with youtube and all the other bullshit people laugh at.  Really if you are doing a million views on youtube, someone is taking notice.