Author Topic: the best center in the NBA?=OVERRATED  (Read 720 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

the best center in the NBA?=OVERRATED
« on: November 16, 2008, 06:22:46 PM »
Dwight Howard tonight=4 points (0-3 FG), 7 rebounds

Dwight Howard is a muthafuckin beast, no doubt...but he's not the saviour of big men, like some will have you believe. Dude needs to develop his game a whole lot more before he gets treated like the top big in the league...that title is up for grabs, but Dwight is just as in the race as anyone else...PeACe

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: the best center in the NBA?=OVERRATED
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2008, 06:29:37 PM »
Kobe had like 8 points in a finals game, but hes not overrated, right?

ill admit, he can make some improvements, but to call him overrated because of one bad night just isnt right...

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2008, 06:32:30 PM »
yeah, he'll never be on Bynum's level.

teecee

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2008, 06:39:07 PM »
The game has changed and big men aren't as important as they once were, nor are there as many quality big men as there once was.  Howard, Amare, etc, are nowhere even close to Shaq in his prime, but these dudes are good. 

Everyone has an off night- NIK, don't you understand Orlando's offense?  Its because his teammates sucked that he had a shitty night, Howard still played amazing- also, numbers don't mean shit in this case, ok?

Turf Fitta is right though, none of these guys. especially Howard with his consistency (one bad game this year) comes even close to Bynum.........

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2008, 10:13:28 PM »
stop overrating him. Bosh>Bynum>Dwight.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2008, 10:40:12 PM »
The game has changed and big men aren't as important as they once were, nor are there as many quality big men as there once was. 
I don't know about that. 9 of the last 10 teams to win the championship had a dominate big men.
(1) Boston - KG
(4) San Antonio - Duncan
(1) Miami - Shaq
(1) Pistons - N/A Though Ben Wallace was as good as
(3) Lakers - Shaq

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2008, 11:20:24 PM »
Lol one bad game and you had to run and make a post huh? Where were you when he put up 30/19 and 10 blocks the other night?
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

S P I C E

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • LOOK WHO'S BACK
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2008, 11:21:39 PM »
Lol one bad game and you had to run and make a post huh? Where were you when he put up 30/19 and 10 blocks the other night?

Yeah NIK was a good poster back in the day but now he is just straight comedy.  He is so biased that he has lost sense of reality

DIP DIP SET SET

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2008, 01:15:01 AM »
^I posted in that thread, dumbfucks.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2008, 02:50:58 AM »

What an ironic post...you call Dwight overrated and then proceed to overrate Bynum by saying he's better than Dwight. Even if he is actually overrated, he's still better than Bynum.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2008, 03:00:55 AM »

What an ironic post...you call Dwight overrated and then proceed to overrate Bynum by saying he's better than Dwight. Even if he is actually overrated, he's still better than Bynum.

I prefer the way Bynum was playing before he got injured to how Dwight plays...Bynums potential to be a great big seems much higher than Dwight's. Dwight's been the same player for the past couple years. That's not bad at all, but he still hasn't taken that extra step that he needs to put him over the top. Bynum is on a stacked team and isn't getting the chance to shine the way Dwight is, but he has the stronger tools and will no doubt be a dominant big in this league. I see Dwight as more of a Shawn Kemp than a Kareem Abdul-Jabbar...PeACe

PLANT

« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2008, 03:17:10 AM »
Bosh is a PF.  Howards a better center than Bosh, but Bosh is a better PF than Howard.  But Howard is easily better than Bynum.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2008, 03:20:31 AM »
Bosh is a PF.  Howards a better center than Bosh, but Bosh is a better PF than Howard.  But Howard is easily better than Bynum.

Bosh and Dwight are both naturally power forwards...Bosh would be playing center in Dwight's shoes, as he did last year when the Raptors went small. But their natural position is power forward...both of them.

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2008, 03:54:38 AM »
Like i said in the other topic (why did you make another one anyway?), back in the days Shaq used to hustle against Sabonis, Olajuwon, Ewing, Robinson, Divac, Barkley, Malone, Kemp.. now Howard is fighting for the "best center in the NBA" title with Amare Stoudamire (LOL), Yao Ming (LOL), Bynum (c'mon..), West (let's be serious..). Actually the 2nd best is Shaq. Yeah, 36 years old Shaq is beasting. Do you get the point? Howard is still so raw, but his phisical power is enought these days to label him the "best center in the NBA", and the competition with the others (but Shaq) is not even close. Then, if your point is that he ain't shit compared to Shaq & co. in their prime i do agree, and i've said it so many times: he's still too raw, he doesn't have good post-moves, he doesn't have high basketball IQ, no great skills but rebounding, blocking and dunking, but... he is by far the "best center in the NBA" at the moment no matter which stat you post. And Bosh is a PF, and last year Howard destroyed him in the Play Off, scoring two consecutive 20+20 (only man to do it since 1948) and winning 4 games almost alone.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 04:01:53 AM by Antonio »

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2008, 07:16:49 AM »

I prefer the way Bynum was playing before he got injured to how Dwight plays...Bynums potential to be a great big seems much higher than Dwight's. Dwight's been the same player for the past couple years. That's not bad at all, but he still hasn't taken that extra step that he needs to put him over the top. Bynum is on a stacked team and isn't getting the chance to shine the way Dwight is, but he has the stronger tools and will no doubt be a dominant big in this league. I see Dwight as more of a Shawn Kemp than a Kareem Abdul-Jabbar...PeACe

Its not about the style of play you prefer. Howard is hands down the best big in the game and there's not a single credible argument you can make. Your entire argument is based on you THINKING he has the POTENTIAL to be better. Take the Lakervision goggles off for a while and take a look at what everybody else sees.