Poll

Who made the "W" famous....2Pac, or the Westside Connection?

2Pac
28 (59.6%)
Westside Connection
19 (40.4%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Author Topic: Who made the "W" what it was?  (Read 2018 times)

crapboy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Who made the "W" what it was?
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2008, 01:23:21 PM »
Id like to see that show

Westsisde connection

Ali Tha Great

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2008, 01:24:22 PM »
Actually buddy, at the time (95/96...) Westside Connection was selling more than Pac,
-Él
lmao...ur retarded if u actually think thats true...

NillerTheKid

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2008, 01:37:21 PM »
haha kinda related, but off on a tangent..

Pac always threw up the W with his ring finger under the middle finger..

I noticed Cube, WC,  and a lot of the other OG's always threw it up with the middle finger under the ring finger..

maybe he couldn't do it. i myself had to practice quite a bit to get my middle finger under my ring finger without using my other hand :P
isn't it easier to do it the "WSC" way?
no...
yes..?
See these fans can't resist the rush,
they Wu-Tang for life
Scarred for life,
they can't forget the cuts

Ali Tha Great

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2008, 01:39:28 PM »

I noticed Cube, WC,  and a lot of the other OG's always threw it up with the middle finger under the ring finger..

maybe he couldn't do it. i myself had to practice quite a bit to get my middle finger under my ring finger without using my other hand :P
no...
yes..?
no..?

penenstamp

« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2008, 02:13:04 PM »

no...
yes..?

no way

Ali Tha Great

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2008, 02:16:05 PM »

no...
yes..?

no way

akcranker - The Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2008, 05:01:05 PM »
For me and most of the people in Alaska I think it was 2Pac that brought the W to us.  With both the album and his videos it was the first I remember seeing and hearing the W & Westside!!  Pac also hit a much larger audience.  Now damn that was a good 12-13 years ago but I do think I remember hearing some WSC songs with the Westside stuff in it and once I did the the Bow Down album you seen it but I think it was Pac that I first seen do it.

I remember high school dances where California Love would come on and everyone threw up the W and were yelling Westside.. so yea.. Pac was major then.

acgrundy

« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2008, 05:26:28 PM »
2Pac for sure...his album came out before WSC, and it was a major, major album.  Cali Love video was fucking huge, and they threw up the dub like crazy in that video

al3000

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2008, 06:10:02 PM »
Cube Made the "W" what it is..........Pac started to throw it up after Cube....so how the fuck could Pac make it what it was???

Pac was riding hard for the west because he was at war with certain east coast rappers.....Cube road on the East coast media...for the West Coast..... enough said.

al3000

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2008, 06:13:08 PM »
2Pac for sure...his album came out before WSC, and it was a major, major album.  Cali Love video was fucking huge, and they threw up the dub like crazy in that video

Cube started throwin up the "W" on Lethal Injection....and that dropped in 95'.....(You Know how we do it) ......

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2008, 06:50:49 PM »
Kam and MC Eiht were throwing up the dub a little before Cube and Pac but I look at it like this

2pac made cool and poppin on the west, Westside Connection almost made you respect it. Like all the beef Pac had going on that was on some personal shit, WSCG was more like look you gonna respect this shit we do on the west or we taking it type attitude. I think All Eyez On Me brought the west together, WSCG was more riding dolo more or less.

acgrundy

« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2008, 07:13:22 PM »

Cube started throwin up the "W" on Lethal Injection....and that dropped in 95'.....(You Know how we do it) ......

Cube doesn't throw up the dubb in the You know how we do it video

al3000

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2008, 07:59:55 PM »

Cube doesn't throw up the dubb in the You know how we do it video

You right...that's just my favorite song from the album...but Cube threw up the "W" in the lead single video: Really Doe and he was throwin it up heavy in the Bop gun video......

We Fly High

« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2008, 08:19:31 PM »
haha, so reiterating on my first post.. heres several pictures of cube, wc and battlecat throwing it up with the middle finger under the ring finger. which makes me think this is probably the original way to throw it up..

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2008, 08:26:24 PM »
haha, so reiterating on my first post.. heres several pictures of cube, wc and battlecat throwing it up with the middle finger under the ring finger. which makes me think this is probably the original way to throw it up..

Cube never throws it up with his fingers lined up like that like WC does. Squeak Ru's W's look crazy as hell, got to find the pic but it looks like his fingers are broken at the joints lol