Poll

Who made the "W" famous....2Pac, or the Westside Connection?

2Pac
28 (59.6%)
Westside Connection
19 (40.4%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Author Topic: Who made the "W" what it was?  (Read 2020 times)

Mietek23

Re: Who made the "W" what it was?
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2008, 02:00:53 AM »
'Pac said in some interview that his 'W' was for "War" and not for "Westside"...

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2008, 02:08:43 AM »
In all those pics, the middle finger is over the ring finger?? I suppose it depends which way you look at it, but Pac's version is a lot more difficult to do.

Psychotik

• 'G'
« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2008, 02:15:58 AM »
fuck all that I made the "W" mofos...lol. ;)

mofos been throwin the dub since the 80s or maybe b4. It was Watts Up! way before it was Westside!

Muhfukka

« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2008, 02:28:19 AM »
haha, so reiterating on my first post.. heres several pictures of cube, wc and battlecat throwing it up with the middle finger under the ring finger. which makes me think this is probably the original way to throw it up..

youre stupid every one of those photos has the middle finger above the ring finger

adamanthraxe

• 'G'
« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2008, 03:40:58 AM »
Out here in COLORADO Id have to say it was more based on WESTSIDE CONNECTION than 2PAC, but I think 2pac was more widely accepted by a larger listening audience so its hard to call.

doubletrouble™

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • .. ChErch! ..
« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2008, 06:26:59 AM »
Cube Made the "W" what it is..........Pac started to throw it up after Cube....so how the fuck could Pac make it what it was???

Pac was riding hard for the west because he was at war with certain east coast rappers.....Cube road on the East coast media...for the West Coast..... enough said.

It was jus a simple question and ppl jus saying where they got it from no need for you to get your panties up in a twist by getting mad over some simple shit
« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 09:14:22 AM by doubletrouble™ »

bluucrayonz

• Lil Geezy
  • dontmakeafuckouttame
« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2008, 06:45:47 AM »
its them old school niggas that screamed it out.. but i personally think Death Row Records was that one that glorified it.

Don Seer

« Reply #37 on: November 20, 2008, 08:34:10 AM »

Kam claims he was doing it before Cube remember.........

Like the 'W'  you took from me nigga stand for Watts

Dj Pooh - Whoop Whoop ( feat Kam )

listen to it here (not a music video)

We Fly High

« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2008, 08:56:18 AM »
youre stupid every one of those photos has the middle finger above the ring finger

If you were to ask Cube, WC, or battlecat, how they were throwing it up in those pictures, from their viewing perspective, it would be the middle finger under the ring finger. It only looks like its ABOVE from your perspective.. not theirs.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 09:31:20 AM by We Fly High »

Muhfukka

« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2008, 10:25:30 AM »

If you were to ask Cube, WC, or battlecat, how they were throwing it up in those pictures, from their viewing perspective, it would be the middle finger under the ring finger. It only looks like its ABOVE from your perspective.. not theirs.
god youre stupid. no matter what perspective youre looking at, the one closest to your pinky is your ring finger. do i really have to tell you this?

Muhfukka

« Reply #40 on: November 20, 2008, 10:36:52 AM »
haha do you really think that from what perspective you look at your hand changes what finger is which? if i turn my hand over my pinky becomes my thumb and my middle finger becomes my ring finger? i cant believe you actually found those photos and posted them, every single one is the opposite of what you said haha

We Fly High

« Reply #41 on: November 20, 2008, 10:41:30 AM »
haha do you really think that from what perspective you look at your hand changes what finger is which? if i turn my hand over my pinky becomes my thumb and my middle finger becomes my ring finger? i cant believe you actually found those photos and posted them, every single one is the opposite of what you said haha

actually you're the dumbass, OF COURSE the fuckin fingers stay the same, the index is always the index, the middle is always the middle and the ring is always the ring dumbass. I said its a matter of viewing perspective, when you consider the position of the fingers. If you at look at it from their way, its going to be different from the way you look at it. They see the palm of their hand facing them, and you see the outside of their hand facing you.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 10:46:18 AM by We Fly High »

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #42 on: November 20, 2008, 10:42:46 AM »

Released    February 13, 1996 (U.S.)
Recorded    October 1995

Released    October 22, 1996
Recorded    1996

and i never saw WSC trow the DUB before that album came out

That's just when the album came out, but Westside Connect was definitely throwin it up first..... - - I don't know when this video dropped, but this is when the "W" was in it's prime. I know we were on this song tough, early in 96....way before the album dropped.

J.E.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: November 20, 2008, 11:42:09 AM »

^^ 1:35-1:37

Tape_1

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #44 on: November 20, 2008, 04:57:33 PM »

Released    February 13, 1996 (U.S.)
Recorded    October 1995

Released    October 22, 1996
Recorded    1996

and i never saw WSC trow the DUB before that album came out

That's just when the album came out, but Westside Connect was definitely throwin it up first..... - - I don't know when this video dropped, but this is when the "W" was in it's prime. I know we were on this song tough, early in 96....way before the album dropped.

actually that song is from a soundstrack and the version in which you are refering to is the remix with the hoo bangin allstar.............. but i bump either version