Author Topic: DPG would be way better now if Soopafly would have replaced Kurupt....  (Read 880 times)

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
I was just listening to some older stuff back when Daz and Kurupt were dissing each other.  They were all making great songs around that time, Kurupt had "No Vaseline 2", "Eat A Dicc Daz", "I Didn't Change", Daz had "U Ain't Shit" and a bunch of other funny disses. 

Around that time Daz announced the formation of the "New" Dogg Pound with Soopafly replacing Kurupt.  My understanding was that the album was nearly done when Kurupt came crawling back begging to be accepted back into DPG and Daz and Soopafly beat him back into the gang.  Some of those songs ended up being released on other projects, such as "Number One" and stuff like that.  Daz and Soopafly have great chemistry together.  I haven't been real impressed with the stuff Daz and Kurupt have been releasing these days, it just sounds too repetitive and they've really flooded the market with their stuff.  I think if Daz and Soopafly would have continued with the "New" Dogg Pound, we would have been blessed with some real classic albums.  Kurupt had more fire when he was dissing too, it's like now they don't have anything to rap about and Kurupt doesn't have much time to write rhymes because part of the agreement in letting him back in the DPG was that he had to do Soopafly's laundry for five years.  Of course, now that the agreement is up, Kurupt is starting to release some dope stuff again, and Soopafly just has one of his hoes do his laundry now.

But still, I can't help but think how much the future of Westcoast rap would have been altered if Soopafly and Daz would have become the "New" Dogg Pound.

Sofa_King_Awesome

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Five poppin' Six droppin'
Re: DPG would be way better now if Soopafly would have replaced Kurupt....
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2008, 10:41:31 AM »
LMAO @ the laundry part
are you people that dumb and slow...lol...
Tuff one...but quik is up there...put it on me is classic imo and on some detox shit...dj lethal>>dj quik....rza>>premo.....dre>>>quik....rza=dre....dre, rza, quik, dj lethal>>>>>timberland, rockwielder, EIMINEM, mannie fresh

o g s u e s o n e

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2008, 11:02:40 AM »
Daz and Soopafly have great chemistry together. 

i´m with that. i think tha dogg pound should have more production by daz/soopafly as a production team or soopafly alone. i mean take a look at dpgc u know what im throwin up. the soopafly produced tracks are imo the best cuts on this album. ill beat yo azz, u aint shit, dogg catcha, dont stop, introduction to mayhem, round n round..... the production is amazing and the reason why this album is still bangin in my stereo. but nobody can replace kurupt. daz n kurupt are tha dogg pound, and thats for life but damn yea, soopafly should me more involved with these clique instead of hangin with snoop at the dogghouse camp....edit: as a producer AND A RAPPER btw.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 11:05:54 AM by o g s u e s o n e »

frisch213

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2008, 11:09:49 AM »
change the record son.....

I was just listening to some older stuff back when Daz and Kurupt were dissing each other.  They were all making great songs around that time, Kurupt had "No Vaseline 2", "Eat A Dicc Daz", "I Didn't Change", Daz had "U Ain't Shit" and a bunch of other funny disses. 

Around that time Daz announced the formation of the "New" Dogg Pound with Soopafly replacing Kurupt.  My understanding was that the album was nearly done when Kurupt came crawling back begging to be accepted back into DPG and Daz and Soopafly beat him back into the gang.  Some of those songs ended up being released on other projects, such as "Number One" and stuff like that.  Daz and Soopafly have great chemistry together.  I haven't been real impressed with the stuff Daz and Kurupt have been releasing these days, it just sounds too repetitive and they've really flooded the market with their stuff.  I think if Daz and Soopafly would have continued with the "New" Dogg Pound, we would have been blessed with some real classic albums.  Kurupt had more fire when he was dissing too, it's like now they don't have anything to rap about and Kurupt doesn't have much time to write rhymes because part of the agreement in letting him back in the DPG was that he had to do Soopafly's laundry for five years.  Of course, now that the agreement is up, Kurupt is starting to release some dope stuff again, and Soopafly just has one of his hoes do his laundry now.

But still, I can't help but think how much the future of Westcoast rap would have been altered if Soopafly and Daz would have become the "New" Dogg Pound.

Okka

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2008, 11:26:38 AM »
Yeah, it's true Daz and Soopa have great chemistry together. Soopafly hasn't really been makin any solo shit lately, anybody know what's up with him?
Snoop, Daz and Soopafly was supposed to be releasin this:

EFFeX

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2008, 11:56:26 AM »
Just like Westurn Union was going to bring West Coast back to the lime light right?

Forget this, DPG was hurting without Kuruption.

midwestryder

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2008, 03:41:53 PM »

get oof soopafly's dick . without kurupt in Dogg pound then it is not tha dogg pound . you can't replace kurupt ever!s crew a new dogg pound because nothing is better then the original & never will be.withoutthe origianl dogg pund aka daz & kurupt there would be no snoopafly ever.

Ridah662

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2008, 04:07:01 PM »

SORRY HOMEBOY THIS TIME I HAVE TO DISAGREE WITH YOU, KURUPT EVEN ON HIS WORST DAY IS 10 TIMES BETTER THAN SOOPAFLY AND I DO LIKE SOOPA.....LET SOOPAFLY STICK TO PRODUCING CAUSE HE'S A BETTER PRODUCER THAN RAPPER...WE ALL KNOW THAT SOOPA ALWAYZ WANTED TO HAVE KURUPT'S PLACE IN THA POUND BUT THERE'S NO DPG WITHOUT KURUPT WE ALL KNOW THAT. SO HOMEBOY STOP WISHING AND DREAMING CAUSE IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN....THATS JUST THE WAY IT IS AND ALWAYZ WILL BE.. ;) 

Let's Get Down

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Kane Beatz Movement - The Building Records
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2008, 04:36:29 PM »
kurupt has a og style that can't be fucked with..soopa's too mediocre & boring. he makes nice beats though.

smoke562

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2008, 05:56:15 PM »

^
the reason why this album never came out is because i dont believe that they had enough material to put out an album.
my guess is that soopa was taking too long to write his rhymes, whereas kurupt would have enough written rhymesl to pump out an album a week.

SO PRUP

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2008, 06:31:58 PM »
lol @ this thread

thisoneguy360

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2008, 08:32:30 PM »
You're entitled to your opinion but fuck, DPG ain't shit without Kurupt

streetpoetry5

• 'G'
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2008, 08:54:42 PM »
hell no...but what type of question is this...their crew...y start this type of trouble among them.....

Philip1123

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2008, 09:12:24 PM »
Guys, let's face it, that whole Dogg Pound movement is kinda dead. When was the last time they released a REAL good, consistent album?... I'll tell you - 2001 with the first Dillinger and Gotti album. The rest was mediocre at best (including Dogg Chit)

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2008, 09:54:03 PM »
I think the track on so so gangsta with daz, snoop n fly was a good representation of what dpg 4 life would have been like.