Author Topic: Who watches "Wolverine and the X-Men"?  (Read 186 times)

penenstamp

Who watches "Wolverine and the X-Men"?
« on: November 29, 2008, 07:00:13 AM »
I'm about to watch the first episode. What do you think of it?

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Re: Who watches "Wolverine and the X-Men"?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2008, 09:56:29 AM »
I've only seen random episodes out of order but I like what I've seen. So far it's better than any other comic book cartoon out there except for Spectacular Spiderman.

penenstamp

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2008, 11:27:26 AM »
I've only seen random episodes out of order but I like what I've seen. So far it's better than any other comic book cartoon out there except for Spectacular Spiderman.

Yesterday I watched the first three (of 12 so far) episodes and I really liked them. I'm going to watch the rest this week and then I'll just have to wait every week, hehe. I've been sleeping!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Wolverine_and_the_X-Men_episodes

The Watcher

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2008, 02:17:47 PM »
i prefer the original FOX x-men & spiderman cartoons, but this picks up nicely from where x-men evolution left off
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2008, 02:45:23 PM »

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2008, 08:56:02 PM »
i prefer the original FOX x-men & spiderman cartoons, but this picks up nicely from where x-men evolution left off

I can see why you would prefer the old X-Men. It's pretty much the same as this one and nostalgia would make it better. But from a long time fan of Spiderman from the comics to cartoons to films, Spectacular Spiderman from last Spring was so much better than any other Spiderman adaptation, and not by a little either. There really is no comparison in my mind between the new Spiderman and the 90s one.

Let's use a Snoop Dogg comparison since it's a West Coast forum. If the comics at their best are Doggiestyle and at their not quite best Doggfather, then the films and old cartoons are Game Is To Be Sold, and this new one is like Top Dogg. Is it as good as the comics? No, but you can argue it's as good or better than the bad comics, and you can rest assured it's head and shoulders better than Game is to be Sold.

The Watcher

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2008, 01:21:23 AM »

I can see why you would prefer the old X-Men. It's pretty much the same as this one and nostalgia would make it better. But from a long time fan of Spiderman from the comics to cartoons to films, Spectacular Spiderman from last Spring was so much better than any other Spiderman adaptation, and not by a little either. There really is no comparison in my mind between the new Spiderman and the 90s one.

Let's use a Snoop Dogg comparison since it's a West Coast forum. If the comics at their best are Doggiestyle and at their not quite best Doggfather, then the films and old cartoons are Game Is To Be Sold, and this new one is like Top Dogg. Is it as good as the comics? No, but you can argue it's as good or better than the bad comics, and you can rest assured it's head and shoulders better than Game is to be Sold.

i disagree, mainly because i'm not really a fan of the highschool era spiderman or (x-men for that matter) but that's just me. spider-man from 1994-1998 had him nearly out of college from memory and seemed a little bit more grown up for its time and they tried to get it fairly close to the comics when they could .. i didnt really get that from the new spiderman series

to each their own
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

penenstamp

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2008, 01:36:07 AM »

I've never really watched X-Men cartoons before. I mainly know it from a few comic books and the movies.

As for the Spiderman cartoons you're talking about, which ones are that? I have this set of dvd's. Are these the Fox ones?

Raphael

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2008, 03:08:38 AM »
Nothing can fuck with this show. I havnt seen spectacular spiderman but the animation kinda sucks.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/drZtJHT_O5U" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/drZtJHT_O5U</a>

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2008, 01:48:13 PM »

i disagree, mainly because i'm not really a fan of the highschool era spiderman or (x-men for that matter) but that's just me. spider-man from 1994-1998 had him nearly out of college from memory and seemed a little bit more grown up for its time and they tried to get it fairly close to the comics when they could .. i didnt really get that from the new spiderman series

to each their own

I could care less what era Spiderman is in when it comes to quality of storytelling and Spectacular has the older one beat in every way. The humor is funnier, the drama is more realistic, and the plots are well developed. The black costume storyline rivals any comic adaptation of it that I've read and this is a cartoon for 10 year-olds. The whole season is so well crafted and it had no business being that good. Granted if this were a comic and not a cartoon I wouldn't be raving about it that much, but if the old Fox series was a comic and not a cartoon I wouldn't last 3 issues.

I'm pretty certain if you watch the new season front to back and then watch the old one you'll feel the same way I do. I could be wrong. I Mean there are still people out there that think Batman '89 is better than Dark Knight.