Author Topic: The Beatles - Come together  (Read 443 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Re: The Beatles - Come together
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2008, 11:39:23 AM »

Eminem Infinite and and Eminem MMLP are still both Eminem. The Gabriel Genesis and the Phil Collins solo stuff aren't even close to the same genre of music. You may as well compare R Kelly with Jimi Hendrix, or Nellie with Chuck D. Gabriel and Collins both sing and play instruments. That's where the similarity ends. I'm not even saying it's a bad thing to prefer Collins. I'm just saying there is no point comparing them. Unless we are talking late 80s Gabriel.

You didn't get the analogy I was making.  I obviously wasn't trying to compare Eminem to Phill Collins.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2008, 11:54:06 AM »

Eminem Infinite and and Eminem MMLP are still both Eminem. The Gabriel Genesis and the Phil Collins solo stuff aren't even close to the same genre of music. You may as well compare R Kelly with Jimi Hendrix, or Nellie with Chuck D. Gabriel and Collins both sing and play instruments. That's where the similarity ends. I'm not even saying it's a bad thing to prefer Collins. I'm just saying there is no point comparing them. Unless we are talking late 80s Gabriel.

You didn't get the analogy I was making.  I obviously wasn't trying to compare Eminem to Phill Collins.

I didn't say you were. You were comparing old Genesis music with later Phil Collins music. Eminem pre-SSLP is a little different yeah but it's still similar enough to remain in the same genre of rap. Gabriel and Collins for a time were in completely different sides of the spectrum.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2008, 04:38:47 PM »

I didn't say you were. You were comparing old Genesis music with later Phil Collins music. Eminem pre-SSLP is a little different yeah but it's still similar enough to remain in the same genre of rap. Gabriel and Collins for a time were in completely different sides of the spectrum.

Nope.  You still don't get it.  I was comparing you to people who think they have to mention something less popular or something that is more obscure to sound cool or something, instead of just being upfront.

Jaydc555

« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2008, 04:41:39 PM »
Just because he says that doesn't mean he's trying to be cool.true a lot of people do that but some people have odd tastes in musics

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2008, 04:57:13 PM »

Nope.  You still don't get it.  I was comparing you to people who think they have to mention something less popular or something that is more obscure to sound cool or something, instead of just being upfront.
like you mentioning  other songs by kriss kross when everyone was talkin about how dope jump was?

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2008, 07:21:32 PM »

So what am I trying to not be upfront about? I didn't even mention Genesis or Phil Collins first. Whiteboy said how Genesis and Phil Collins were corny. I merely agreed that Phil Collins can be corny but Genesis, even with Phil, wasn't all that corny. Please show me where I'm trying to show I like something obscure in an attempt to be cool. My first line about the Gabriel Genesis after I mentioned it included the word overrated.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2008, 11:04:32 PM »

So what am I trying to not be upfront about? I didn't even mention Genesis or Phil Collins first. Whiteboy said how Genesis and Phil Collins were corny. I merely agreed that Phil Collins can be corny but Genesis, even with Phil, wasn't all that corny. Please show me where I'm trying to show I like something obscure in an attempt to be cool. My first line about the Gabriel Genesis after I mentioned it included the word overrated.

you do it in pretty much every one of your posts

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2008, 08:24:18 AM »

you do it in pretty much every one of your posts

I may like a lot of obscure things with regards to music but I could care less about trying to use obscure tastes in an attempt to look cool. In rap my favorite was and and is still is Tupac.

To go back to your Eminem-Infinite album, it is by far my least favourite of all his work (except Encore). My favorite Em album and I would argue was his best album, and I have, is The Eminem Show.

You really have no argument. You have shown no evidence. You just made an open statement. And the fact that I like you is the only reason I responded to it.