Author Topic: NFL Divisional Playoffs Thread  (Read 1453 times)

OG Hack Wilson

Re: NFL Divisional Playoffs Thread
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2009, 12:34:42 PM »

lol Chamill. and Hack would pick against the Titans no matter who they playing.

itans find themselves in rematch of 2000 playoff
By TERESA M. WALKER, AP Sports Writer
Jan 4, 11:00 pm EST
Buzz up! 11 votes
Print
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP)—Now it really feels just like the 2000 season all over again for the Tennessee Titans.

That was the season Tennessee posted the NFL’s best record at 13-3 and earned the AFC’s No. 1 seed with home-field advantage—just like this year. Tampa is hosting the Super Bowl, just like in 2000. And the Baltimore Ravens added to the deja vu feeling Sunday by beating Miami 27-9 to earn a trip to Music City for an AFC divisional playoff game next Saturday.

The Ravens won that 2000 divisional playoff game 24-10 en route to their Super Bowl championship.

The Titans? Well, they are targeting an eventual trip to Tampa, too, in what will be a rematch of a 13-10 win over the Ravens in Baltimore on Oct. 5.

“Now that we know our opponent, we have a tremendous challenge ahead of us,” Titans coach Jeff Fisher said in a statement Sunday. “Baltimore has improved in all areas since we saw them earlier this season. They are built around a strong run game and a great defense, which reminds us of the classic matchups against them in the past.”

This won’t be the first time these teams have met in the playoffs since that divisional showdown. Tennessee went to Baltimore for a wild-card game in the 2003 season and beat the Ravens on their field 20-17, a win that provided some small redemption for Steve McNair and Eddie George.

While the Ravens still feature a key player from that 2000 playoff win in Ray Lewis, Baltimore now has ex-Titans cornerback Samari Rolle, receiver Derrick Mason and fullback Lorenzo Neal on its side.

The only Titans still in Tennessee who played in that painful loss are punter Craig Hentrich, defensive end Jevon Kearse in his second stint with the team, and linebacker Keith Bulluck. The linebacker was a rookie then and played only special teams, in goal-line situations and in extra linebacker packages.

Before knowing they would play Baltimore, Bulluck said he’s sure the Titans will talk about how much work they’ve put in to get to this point.

“These opportunities don’t come across too often, so we’ll definitely get that point across,” Bulluck said.

“Right now we’ve really got to look at it as a three-game season for us. We take one game at a time. Most games that we can play in this season are three. The approach that we have to take is very serious, and plus, it’s not too often you get to this point. The 2003 season, we went to the AFC championship. Albert and myself, we haven’t been back since.”

That would be Pro Bowl defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth, who missed the final two games of the regular season with a sprained left knee. Fisher said during halftime of the Ravens’ win over Miami that Haynesworth and defensive end Kyle Vanden Bosch, who missed the last three games with an injured groin, would practice this week.

That will provide a big boost to a Titans defense that ranked second in the NFL in fewest points allowed. The Titans are scheduled to return Monday from a weekend off and practice Tuesday.

Pro Bowl center Kevin Mawae will be the big question for the Titans. He hurt his right elbow late in the Titans’ 31-14 win over Pittsburgh on Dec. 21, sat out the finale at Indianapolis and did not practice during the team’s bye week. He will be a key against the Ravens in helping protect quarterback Kerry Collins.

“He may be questionable going into this game … probably be day to day with him,” Fisher said.
____

you guys def need Mawae to win
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Lunatic

« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2009, 12:38:15 PM »
^screw history. Mawae is a warrior, he'll play. Ppl seem to be high on Baltimore but lol, Miami and Tennessee ain't comparable. 1 thing I noticed was how badly Flacco seemed panicked when the Dolphins got any sort of pressure on him. Imagine how he'll act when the MUCH BETTER Titans defense gets after him.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2009, 12:40:40 PM »
^screw history. Mawae is a warrior, he'll play. Ppl seem to be high on Baltimore but lol, Miami and Tennessee ain't comparable. 1 thing I noticed was how badly Flacco seemed panicked when the Dolphins got any sort of pressure on him. Imagine how he'll act when the MUCH BETTER Titans defense gets after him.

the Ravens defense is monsterous....ed reed plays outside of this world
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Lunatic

« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2009, 01:12:30 PM »

our defense is as monsterous.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2009, 01:15:02 PM »
Titans destroy Ravens - Ravens lack of offense catches up with them.
Chargers beat Steelers - Low scoring game, but Chargers squeak by.
Panthers beat Cardinals - Cardinals are happy to be there and Panthers RB duo steamrolls Cardinals defense.
Giants over Eagles - Eagles aren't able to keep up the momentum.

Except for the Chargers-Steelers game, I'm rooting for the opposite team to win.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2009, 01:36:59 PM »

our defense is as monsterous.

lets see:

ravens: #2 pass defense, #3 run defense, 15.2 PPG allowed (3rd)

titans: #9 pass defense, #6 run defense, 14.6 PPG allowed (2nd)

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2009, 01:40:40 PM »
Panthers beat Cardinals - Cardinals are happy to be there and Panthers RB duo steamrolls Cardinals defense.

Except for the Chargers-Steelers game, I'm rooting for the opposite team to win.

dunno how u can see the chargers winning, arent LT and Gates both gonna be out?

Lunatic

« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2009, 01:40:59 PM »
^^ya, we allow less ppg

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2009, 01:48:40 PM »
^^ya, we allow less ppg

yes...a WOPPING 0.6 points less

that should feel good when Stover gets the game winning Fg this weekend ;)

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2009, 01:52:16 PM »

dunno how u can see the chargers winning, arent LT and Gates both gonna be out?
Gates is playing. LT is questionable.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2009, 01:55:20 PM »
oh so gates will play afterall

LT sounds like he wont play anymore this playoffs, based on nterviews

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2009, 03:13:42 PM »
sproles= the new michael turner.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2009, 03:15:12 PM »

let him start 16 games as a feature back before saying that

dude's not in Turners stratosphere in 2008. 

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2009, 03:58:34 PM »

let him start 16 games as a feature back before saying that

dude's not in Turners stratosphere in 2008. 

Or let him run against a team whose run defense average weight is over 220 lbs. I just want to see how many James Harrison tackles he's going to bounce off of and keep running.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2009, 04:28:42 PM »
I just want to see how many James Harrison tackles he's going to bounce off of and keep running.