Poll

L.a. is a Lakers or Doger town ?

Lakers all the way
10 (58.8%)
nah,l.a. is Dodger blue
7 (41.2%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Author Topic: Los Angeles: Lakers or Dodgers ?  (Read 1131 times)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Re: Los Angeles: Lakers or Dodgers ?
« Reply #105 on: January 20, 2009, 11:19:10 AM »
those actions were fucked up, and i dont agree with how they went about it...but still, dodger stadium is fucking beautiful. :bandit:

and he uses the Mexican face...  :grumpy:

so?

what do you want me to do about something that happened like 40 years ago?  lol

dodger stadium = beautiful. fact.
the actions that happened to build dodger stadium were fucked.  fact.
many part of the usa are beautiful.  fact.
the actions that happened to construct the USA were fucked.  fact.

:bandit:

LA = Laker's and Dodgers town FACT

fixed. :bandit:

I think I got it right the first time.

na.

:bandit:

In a case like Boston, where the Red Sox didn't win a title for 86 years, and and Boston won 17 titles, and you still have a town that lives and dies with the Red Sox, then yes you can call Boston a Red Sox town (which it is). But the Dodgers did win in the 80's, same as the Lakers, and the 90's both were good but never good enough to win. In that time you could see Magic Johnson as the face of the town, the Forum was full of celebrates still and Dodger stadium was empied by the 8th inning daily. Skip to the new decade, the Lakers are winning, the Angels are winning, the Dodgers are fighting for their name because newer fans are going to the Angels, Kobe is the face of the city, they are handed a star in Manny Ramirez who has breath life not seen since Piazza was traded, and the Dodgers can't close the deal. The town wants to support the Dodgers as seen last year, but honestly the Dodgers can't seem to do the things right that the Lakers do. LA is the Laker's town, the younger fans don't even like baseball, people in the 20's and younger are split between the Angels and Dodgers, the Dodgers can't even fight off the Angels for the city, how can they stop the franchise that's the face of the city. Hell, Nick Van Exel and Eddie Jones were just as popular as Piazza.

Dodger's biggest mistake, not hiring Mike Scioscia. They hire Scioscia, who was a Dodger through and through, the Dodger would have won at least one World Series, and they would have put the city behind them again and taken back the City of Angels. But bad management has put the Dodgers to their legendary slogan...

Wait Until Next Year. Ask Brooklyn what that means.

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
Re: Los Angeles: Lakers or Dodgers ?
« Reply #106 on: January 20, 2009, 07:18:52 PM »
"The town wants to support the Dodgers as seen last year"

the funny thing about that is, that last year attendance was down from previous years.  not by much, but enough to make us #2 behind the mets.  the city of LA DOES support the dodgers, if they didnt, we would be drawing like the marlins do.  we havent won in 20 years, and we steady draw 3 million +.  if we had won a few WS, it would easily be 4 million +.

"taken back the City of Angels"

we never lost it. :bandit:

"Dodgers can't even fight off the Angels for the city"

last year we split the season series with em. 

"Dodger's biggest mistake, not hiring Mike Scioscia."

he was with the dodgers as a coach or manager..i forget..but in the minors.  we were grooming him to be our manager in the bigs, but he got an offer from angels.  besides, most angel fans are pissed at Scioscia for dumb calls he made this past offseason. 
not winning and still being at the top in terms of attendance shows you that LA fans are loyal as fuck to the Dodgers.

"Dodgers are fighting for their name because newer fans are going to the Angels"

the angels will NEVER be as big as the dodgers. ever.  saying the angels are taking over is comparable to saying that the clippers are taking over LA if they had a few good years..like the angels are having.  take away the last 7 years, and what do the angels have?  NOTHING.  they desperately want to be in competition with LA over fans...and true, some dodger fans are now rooting for the angels...but only because theyve had recent success.  i believe thats what people call "bandwagon fans" or "fair weather fans". 

"LA is the Laker's town"

and a Dodger town.  like i said in the beginning, we havent won shit in 20 years..and we still huge in LA.  that alone should show you how much of a Dodger town this is.  the lakers have never been in that situation (not winning for 20 years), but even if they were, theyd still be huge in LA.  same as the dodgers. 

"Forum was full of celebrates still"

again, what do celebrities have to do with anything??  for the record, a lot of celebrities have season tickets to the dodgers...so...
« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 07:21:12 PM by The Wykid Won »

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.