Author Topic: JR Smith replacing Rudy Gay in dunk contest  (Read 81 times)

thisoneguy360

JR Smith replacing Rudy Gay in dunk contest
« on: February 10, 2009, 08:31:36 PM »
PHOENIX -- Denver Nuggets swingman J.R. Smith will replace Memphis forward Rudy Gay in the slam dunk contest.

Gay was forced to pull out Tuesday because of a strained left hip. Smith also competed in the 2005 event.

"I have a few things under my sleeve," Smith said Tuesday after the Nuggets won in Miami. "I can't really talk about it. It's top secret, man."

Defending champion Dwight Howard of Orlando, 2006 winner Nate Robinson of New York, and Portland rookie Rudy Fernandez round out the field.

The dunk contest is the final event of All-Star Saturday night.

The Sprite Slam Dunk will be televised live nationally as part of the NBA All-Star Saturday Night, which will also feature the Foot Locker Three-Point Shootout, PlayStation Skills Challenge and Haier Shooting Stars. TNT and ESPN Radio's national coverage will begin at 8 p.m. EST from US Airways Center. The NBA All-Star Game on Sunday, Feb. 15, will air live on TNT, ESPN Radio and in more than 215 countries and territories in 44 languages.

I wish Robinson or Hernandez had a strained left hip instead  :-\.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: JR Smith replacing Rudy Gay in dunk contest
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2009, 02:45:55 AM »
fuck...rudy gay was my pick to win.

wcsoldier

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2009, 10:24:53 AM »
It seems like the dunk participants are the same for the latest 5 years ... how can Nate "I need 30 tries to complete a dunk" Robinson still be part of it ? seriously everything in this Weekend becomes more and more interestless .... no names in the dunkcontest , 3 pt shootout , the rookie challenge is a joke .... the only thing which is ok is the game itself ... they should insert some 1on1 or 2 vs 2 games like Kobe against Lebron or Magic - Kobe vs Pierce and Bird and so on ... all that current shit suck

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2009, 11:19:16 AM »
thats fuckin Gay! :-\