Author Topic: Falcons seeking to trade rights to Michael Vick  (Read 955 times)

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Falcons seeking to trade rights to Michael Vick
« on: February 13, 2009, 12:52:57 PM »
FLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. (AP)—Atlanta general manager Thomas Dimitroff said Friday the Falcons will try to trade the contract rights on Michael Vick to another team.

In an interview that appeared on the team’s Web site, Dimitroff said, “With regards to Michael Vick, we’ve decided to seek a trade of his contractual rights to another NFL club.”

Vick is currently in federal prison on felony charges related to dogfighting and is scheduled to be released in July.

Vick has a contract that runs to 2013 and calls for him to receive a base salary of $9 million and a bonus of $6.43 million in 2009. The remainder of the contract is worth $45.11 million, with another possible $3 million in Pro Bowl bonuses.

“We feel a trade is the best move for the Falcons, and it’s also in the best interest for Michael,” Dimitroff said. “This has been a really unique situation from a variety of standpoints and because we will actively be involved in a trade situation, I don’t envision our organization speaking any more about this subject publicly until it’s reached a resolution.”

He said the Falcons have had no discussions with other teams because Vick is under suspension by the NFL, “but we think some teams might be interested in exploring a trade.”

Dimitroff said if the Falcons are unable to complete a trade, they will re-evaluate. He said a decision would be made that is in the best interest of the team.

The Falcons made a move last year for a quarterback, taking Boston College’s Matt Ryan as their first round draft choice. He was last year’s rookie of the year after leading the Falcons to the playoffs.

woulda put this in the NFL thread but i guess it died....

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: Falcons seeking to trade rights to Michael Vick
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2009, 01:19:25 PM »
Vick for MVP! ;D 8)

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2009, 01:34:24 PM »

lol at the nfl shop for not lettin me put vicks name lol..."your current entry cannot be processed. Language deemed inappropriate, derogatory, or profane will not be accepted. Please create a new entry".  lol
« Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 01:35:57 PM by ^ReLentLess^ »

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2009, 01:38:44 PM »

lol at the nfl shop for not lettin me put vicks name lol..."your current entry cannot be processed. Language deemed inappropriate, derogatory, or profane will not be accepted. Please create a new entry".  lol

are you kidding?? lol What if YOUR last name was Vick and u wanted in on the Jersey?
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2009, 02:26:18 PM »

are you kidding?? lol What if YOUR last name was Vick and u wanted in on the Jersey?

word, thats fucked up!

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2009, 07:57:24 PM »

hmmm

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

thisoneguy360

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2009, 02:23:31 PM »

LOL, damn that's fucked. 49er's are probably the best bet either way.

westsiderider323

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2009, 06:00:17 PM »

lol hahaha

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2009, 07:36:01 PM »

He could fit in okay over there. What about the Jets?

Here's a question; if it's between Cassel or Vick and you're the Niners, who do you take?

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2009, 05:15:51 PM »

Here's a question; if it's between Cassel or Vick and you're the Niners, who do you take?

Cassel, without a doubt. 
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2009, 05:21:03 PM »
^ one is a more conservative pick but the other i feel like might be able to jump-start the team, the fans, etc. but you get scrutinized for it, either way its an upgrade

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2009, 05:28:55 PM »
Well realgm reported that the Jetfags, Bucs & Lions won't take Vick.  If Gruden was there he would.  Bucs are dumb cause Vick gave the Saints & Panthers fits.  Only team in the NFC South Vick sucked against was the Bucs.  If you can't beat them, join them.  And Etroit, no surprise.  Vick is probably better than any player Etroit has.  He does have Raiders & Dallas. 
Vick wouldn't look right in a KC jersey.  And the Lions don't wear the black jerseys no mo.  There is 1 Lions jersey I wouldn't mind having ;D :laugh:

Jaydc555

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2009, 10:26:57 PM »
I wouldn't want him.he's a flashy player but he won't ever bring you home a trophy.that being said I'm sure he will end up on a shitty team where we will see how overrated he always was.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2009, 09:39:06 AM »

Cassel, without a doubt. 

If the price tags were even I'd take Cassel, he's got a better throw. But if it's between Vick at league minimum and Cassel at 14 million I may have to go with Vick. Like I said from day one, New England has a way of making QBs look amazing. Cassel ends up on Detroit next year and everyone will start calling this year a fluke.

But San Fran is a team on the verge of being very solid and Cassel's arms and legs could help a lot. But so could Vick's.

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2009, 02:02:12 PM »
like whiteboy said...for sf,either one is an upgrade. but with vick you know what your getting and cassell hasnt really shown what type of player he is yet imo