Author Topic: Has Battlecat Lost It ???  (Read 1429 times)

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
Re: Has Battlecat Lost It ???
« Reply #45 on: March 16, 2009, 03:57:44 PM »
Simple question I havent hard anything from battlecat thats good in a while L.A.X from snoop was a huge dissapointment to me i know that cat has huge westcoast hits but i dont know ever since he stopped working with snoop in early 2000 era i really dont know whats up with him i was hearing E-40 yesterday and im not a big 40 fan but nah nah with nate dogg was agreat song if he could make E-40 sound godd i think that he make any half good rapper sound good.
he actually came back. he did a joint on maylay's mixtape that was heat. he gave kurupt 'mystic rivers' and that was fire. he slipped up on the cali iz active album though but he kinda bounced back. ps. i don't think the beat he gave snoop for l.a.x. was wack although i expected something a little more battlecat.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

MarshColin

« Reply #46 on: March 16, 2009, 11:26:52 PM »
talking about 213 battlecat also produced " fallin' in love again" that didn't make tha album "the hard way" but that song was real dope.i think it didn't make the album cause the song was a kind of g-funk song it didn't sounded like the rest of tha album but it's a great one wit 2 verses and the hook from nate dogg.

First: The 213 album IS nothing but G-Funk.

Second: The track you're talking about is an unreleased Nate Dogg track.

fallin' in love again surfaced on the net at the 213 hard way time i thought it was a leftover.. so it's an unreleased track from nate dogg as brown skin is.. props to you.. anyway still battlecat produced it.

When you say the hard way is nothing but g-funk i don't agree.. regulte..g-funk era, g-funk classics, doggystyle where straight g-funk.. but we can't compare 93 to 96 records with 2O04 records that's no sense..  Anyway we can say Warren g last albums sounded g-funk etc.. but that one they did something different with different producers.. Warren G said himself about having produced 0 tracks that snoop and nate wanted a different sound for tha album different than the 213 collabos as "friends" "yo sassy wayz" etc.. so 213 album was still good shit BUT TO ME no g-funkstyle...

peace

To say that the 213 album was not G-Funk is absurd. You cannot sit here and say that the following tracks aren't G-Funk.

Joysticc
Run On Up
Appreciation
Groupie Luv
MLK
Another Summer
213 The Gangsta Cliq
Gotta Find A Way
Mary Jane
So Fly Remix

And those are just the ones I remember off top. Just because Warren G didn't produce it don't mean it's not G-Funk.

gfunkin2

« Reply #47 on: March 17, 2009, 12:19:07 AM »

To say that the 213 album was not G-Funk is absurd.

ironmike

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #48 on: March 17, 2009, 01:30:16 AM »
Simple question I havent hard anything from battlecat thats good in a while L.A.X from snoop was a huge dissapointment to me i know that cat has huge westcoast hits but i dont know ever since he stopped working with snoop in early 2000 era i really dont know whats up with him i was hearing E-40 yesterday and im not a big 40 fan but nah nah with nate dogg was agreat song if he could make E-40 sound godd i think that he make any half good rapper sound good.
he actually came back. he did a joint on maylay's mixtape that was heat. he gave kurupt 'mystic rivers' and that was fire. he slipped up on the cali iz active album though but he kinda bounced back. ps. i don't think the beat he gave snoop for l.a.x. was wack although i expected something a little more battlecat.
'
it aint battlecat who's gettiing weak,.. its snoop's taste of how he wanted that L.A.X. beat to sound like on his album that is weak.
snoop wanted his album to sound a certain way that sounds weak.
i dont think snoop wanted battlecat to make his beats like he used to on old snoop projects, but to sound different with the similar weak vibe of the rest of the album.

snoop could have an allstar westcoast producer lineup for his album, but the album might still end up turning wack because of the sound that snoop wants the album to sound like.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 01:31:49 AM by ironmike »

We Fly High

« Reply #49 on: March 17, 2009, 02:42:09 AM »
im about to drop a crazy ass Daz song produced by Battlecat and DJ 2 High tomorrow.. shits WEST COAST as fuck.

ironmike

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #50 on: March 17, 2009, 03:09:17 AM »
im about to drop a crazy ass Daz song produced by Battlecat and DJ 2 High tomorrow.. shits WEST COAST as fuck.
nice!

is that song for a particular project?

Jungleboy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • From P-Funk to G-Funk
« Reply #51 on: March 17, 2009, 03:19:37 AM »

dope! we are waiting  8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Quote from: Soopafly DPGC about his hands
I don't live for the man, but I do study him so I can hope my pimp hands one day become as strong as his. When i first started listening to him, my hands were only strong enough to crush a beetle.  Now that i've studied him for 15 years, my hands are strong enough to crush a dog.

Soopahigh

« Reply #52 on: March 17, 2009, 05:32:39 AM »

dope! we are waiting  8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

kuruptDPG

« Reply #53 on: March 17, 2009, 06:21:04 AM »
^^ drop it already lol

gio™fugahoo

« Reply #54 on: March 17, 2009, 12:24:44 PM »
is it the 1 on daz myspace page"im 2 high"

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #55 on: March 17, 2009, 01:12:07 PM »
BC sure has slowed down a lot, if not lost it. He's made some dope ass shit over the years, but during the last couple years dope BC beats have been quite few and far between.

He did do the best beat on the 213 record though, MLK. (Which was 5 years ago already, damn.) Which, as an album, was a huge disappointment for me. MLK, Run On Up and Groupie Luv were - in my opinion - the only three instrumentals on there that were juuust right for a 213 sound. Some of the rest were kinda sorta OK, but overall the sound of that album was just wrong.

DJDMC

• Lil Geezy
  • Exit DJ's..Enter CJ's...
« Reply #56 on: March 17, 2009, 03:52:19 PM »
Battlecat, Fredwreck, Big Hutch....... no west coast producer has produced a big big hit in a while.
Yukmouth - The West Coast Don.... GO COP THAT SHIT!!!!!

azhiphop

• 'G'
« Reply #57 on: March 18, 2009, 09:46:06 AM »
man battlecat is and always will be a beast on the boards.  he might have some stuff that bangs just nto the right artists to put it out there
make sure to check out all az hip hop at www.phoenixhiphop.net and join mav of sol camps fan page www.facebook.com/mavfanpage

Soopahigh

« Reply #58 on: March 18, 2009, 02:40:00 PM »
man battlecat is and always will be a beast on the boards.  he might have some stuff that bangs just nto the right artists to put it out there

Amen  ;D

Fatdodger

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WHUT UP FRED
« Reply #59 on: March 18, 2009, 02:58:07 PM »
To Answer my own question i just heard the new daz song produced by battlecat and NO battlecat has not lost it he still has it

REAL WESTCOAST G

I REP THAT WEST