Author Topic: WIDEAwake Starts Opening Death Row's "Vault"  (Read 1031 times)

EFFeX

WIDEAwake Starts Opening Death Row's "Vault"
« on: March 21, 2009, 09:11:43 AM »

There has been a lot of speculation on when WIDEAwake Entertainment would start releasing music from the vaults of Death Row Records. Well, AllHipHop recently ran an article that reveals the record label's first "teaser" release coming next month. The release will be a three track sampler which includes Crooked I's "Hoodstar", Petey Pablo's "Pay For P*ssy" and Danny Boy's "Do What You Do". While this is only a small selection of tracks hidden in the vault, it should be enough to get fans excited for more music scheduled to drop this fall. The music is dropping through "E1 Entertainment" which is the label formerly known as "Koch". Make certain that you head to the record store on April 18th to pick up a copy of this sampler.

Link: http://www.allhiphop.com/stories/news/archive/2009/03/21/21226071.aspx

JohnnyL

Re: WIDEAwake Starts Opening Death Row's "Vault"
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2009, 09:17:38 AM »
HaHa Hoodstar's leaking...fuckers.

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2009, 09:19:29 AM »
 8)

EFFeX

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2009, 09:20:27 AM »
While this is an extremely small release, it least it shows that they have good intentions.

JohnnyL

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2009, 09:21:29 AM »
While this is an extremely small release, it least it shows that they have good intentions.

Absolutely....add one more "Say Hi to the Bad Guy" track to the pile.

***sell your bootlegs while you can FTP.

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2009, 09:22:44 AM »
good news!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM

kuruptDPG

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2009, 09:46:44 AM »
man just 3 traks? well at least its sumthn, jus put it out the now rather then next month lol.

cant wait

EFFeX

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2009, 09:52:21 AM »
man just 3 traks? well at least its sumthn, jus put it out the now rather then next month lol.

cant wait

Well, I guess April 18th, is a special day for Independent labels and record stores so they are tying the release into that...

Three tracks really is a huge teaser, but the way I look at it AT LEAST it shows that they are capable of releasing this music.

JohnnyL

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2009, 09:53:55 AM »

cant wait

Yeah, I know.  Only 6,997 left. lol...I think for a sampler they could have made it a little bit bigger...maybe at least 5 tracks.  I've got singles that are longer than 3 tracks.  Oh well, it's still awesome we're getting an unreleased Crooked I track.  And for 3 tracks, I doubt they'll charge very much for it.

EFFeX

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2009, 09:57:24 AM »

cant wait

Yeah, I know.  Only 6,997 left. lol...I think for a sampler they could have made it a little bit bigger...maybe at least 5 tracks.  I've got singles that are longer than 3 tracks.  Oh well, it's still awesome we're getting an unreleased Crooked I track.  And for 3 tracks, I doubt they'll charge very much for it.

They'd be better off throwing in on iTunes / Amazon for only three songs. I don't know how many people are going to rush to the store for a hard copy, considering it'll probably be ripped and leaked real quick.

JohnnyL

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2009, 10:01:23 AM »

cant wait

They'd be better off throwing in on iTunes / Amazon for only three songs. I don't know how many people are going to rush to the store for a hard copy, considering it'll probably be ripped and leaked real quick.

lol...Yeah.  I will, but the casual fans and regular people probably won't.  You'd think it'd be easier for them too.  That way they wouldn't have to press up any cds either.  On the other hand, I'd kind of like to get a hold of the cd anyway.  In another few years, you never know, it might be a collectable.

EFFeX

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2009, 10:03:41 AM »

cant wait

lol...Yeah.  I will, but the casual fans and regular people probably won't.  You'd think it'd be easier for them too.  That way they wouldn't have to press up any cds either.  On the other hand, I'd kind of like to get a hold of the cd anyway.  In another few years, you never know, it might be a collectable.

True that.

Mietek23

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2009, 10:21:30 AM »

co-sign

skriLL

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2009, 11:56:35 AM »
I'd rather have a physical version instead of just downloadable mp3s from itunes. so i think it's a good start. hopefully this is just the beginning and we'll get to hear more unreleased music this year. it can only get better

hobomotel

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2009, 12:21:37 PM »
looking forward to the Danny Boy track.