Author Topic: Crooked I Needs To Change Directions  (Read 574 times)

Þŕiņçë

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Cold Hearted Son Of A Bitch
Re: Crooked I Needs To Change Directions
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2009, 11:35:49 AM »
Whatever shes got left...i would fuck the brains out that stupid bitch LOL

JohnnyL

« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2009, 11:36:55 AM »
Probably, but most people i see criticizing his work claim to be fans

::)

I mean

How can you not be somewhat of a crooked i fan?

I see what you mean.  And there probably are too many Crooked I threads (some like this one, are pointless).  But you have to understand, it's not just because of his fans that Crooked I gets so many threads.  Crooked I gets so many threads because he puts new music out every week.  I listen to a lot of different hip hop artists (particularly west coast artists) but a lot of them aren't really doing much to warrant coverage.

Þŕiņçë

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2009, 11:38:36 AM »
Uhh. Hip hop weekly was over awhile ago bud.

And i was talking about the abundance of negative crook threads.

JohnnyL

« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2009, 11:58:02 AM »
Uhh. Hip hop weekly was over awhile ago bud.

And i was talking about the abundance of negative crook threads.

I understand hip hop weeklies are over.  I'm just saying look at things, "I'm Still an MC" and "If You Ever Hear Me" both dropped within  a few days of each other.  Look at all the Slaughterhouse tracks and how frequently they've been coming out.  I didn't mean he literally put a song out, once a week.  And as far as the negative Crook threads, I agree with you.  I personally think this thread we're talking in is pointless.  I'm really not trying to fight with you, I was just trying to make a point about the amount of exposure Crooked I gets.

Þŕiņçë

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2009, 12:00:29 PM »
All exposure is not good exposure. I am not trying to start a argument either, i just always seem like i am  ::)

And to be honest, crooked probably did fuck up. I mean - He generated SO much hype for himself within a short period of time and now is just kinda....fading away.

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2009, 01:06:04 PM »
All exposure is not good exposure. I am not trying to start a argument either, i just always seem like i am  ::)

And to be honest, crooked probably did fuck up. I mean - He generated SO much hype for himself within a short period of time and now is just kinda....fading away.

short period of time? are you serious? he had hype since the late 90s thats pretty much 10 years.

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

Sofa_King_Awesome

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Five poppin' Six droppin'
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2009, 01:08:35 PM »
Crooked is fuckin wack
are you people that dumb and slow...lol...
Tuff one...but quik is up there...put it on me is classic imo and on some detox shit...dj lethal>>dj quik....rza>>premo.....dre>>>quik....rza=dre....dre, rza, quik, dj lethal>>>>>timberland, rockwielder, EIMINEM, mannie fresh

kuruptDPG

« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2009, 05:51:16 PM »
after hearing say hi to the bad guy traks, it makes me want crook to go beserk like he did on those traks. lyrically he sounds amazing on those traks.

for production wise he should holla at big hutch (really want these 2 to work together asap), darren vegas, jim gettum.

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2009, 09:46:23 PM »
after hearing say hi to the bad guy traks, it makes me want crook to go beserk like he did on those traks. lyrically he sounds amazing on those traks.

for production wise he should holla at big hutch (really want these 2 to work together asap), darren vegas, jim gettum.
'

which tracks?

ibumps

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2009, 10:29:53 PM »
snoop told him that bout 3-4 years ago when he said he aint feelin his style n way he raps etc.... most of yall thought he was just hatin. but now fast forward 3-4 years later n nikkaz sayin it! so whats the deal!!!???

yea he do need 2 switch that shit up, he gets irritating at time just sounds like he tryna make words rhyme and puttin 2 many words in a bar etc just sound jumble n bundled up sumtime. but yea he str8 if u plan on listenin 1-2  songs at a time n then puttin him back in the cd case 4 a month.

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2009, 10:44:30 PM »
snoop told him that bout 3-4 years ago when he said he aint feelin his style n way he raps etc.... most of yall thought he was just hatin. but now fast forward 3-4 years later n nikkaz sayin it! so whats the deal!!!???

yea he do need 2 switch that shit up, he gets irritating at time just sounds like he tryna make words rhyme and puttin 2 many words in a bar etc just sound jumble n bundled up sumtime. but yea he str8 if u plan on listenin 1-2  songs at a time n then puttin him back in the cd case 4 a month.

yea some times it sounds jumbled up, but nethertheless still the best MC in the westcoast imo

Jimmy H.

« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2009, 10:54:59 PM »
Maybe.  But I'm not even sure a Crooked I fan made this thread.  It seems more like a thread from a Crooked I critic.  I have to say this is one of the most ridiculous threads I've ever read though.
I'm pretty sure it's the same dude who says that every fucking artist needs to make more club hits. Seems like all these wannabe A&R fans care more about a cat switching up and trying push platinum off some pop-tart shit than just putting out good music that capitalizes on what makes them unique. I don't need Crooked to try doing Lil Wayne kind of shit. If I wanted those kind of records, I'd buy them in the first place.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2009, 11:02:57 PM »

But Snoop went about it in a kind of questionable way. It wasn't like he was taking Crooked I to the side and trying to help him. He was making comments that could potentially bury him to people who maybe weren't familiar with him. He made a very public statement on the guy. There are people who might not even known who Crook was yet and their first time hearing his name might be in that Snoop interview so now, it's like they ain't even checking for him. Snoop has been in the game for way too long to act like he didn't know there'd be an negative effect on Crooked from that one. He also made it seem like he had love for dude but at the same time was burying him. It would have been one thing if he said, "I'm still not feeling Crooked I over that whole Death Row situation" because then people would know the context of where his comments are coming from.

MY FIRST LOVE WAS HIP HOP

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2009, 01:17:57 AM »

But Snoop went about it in a kind of questionable way. It wasn't like he was taking Crooked I to the side and trying to help him. He was making comments that could potentially bury him to people who maybe weren't familiar with him. He made a very public statement on the guy. There are people who might not even known who Crook was yet and their first time hearing his name might be in that Snoop interview so now, it's like they ain't even checking for him. Snoop has been in the game for way too long to act like he didn't know there'd be an negative effect on Crooked from that one. He also made it seem like he had love for dude but at the same time was burying him. It would have been one thing if he said, "I'm still not feeling Crooked I over that whole Death Row situation" because then people would know the context of where his comments are coming from.

real talk! and if the OP is not feeling crooked's content, go listen to somebody else. thanks for your input though

Fraxxx

« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2009, 10:34:21 AM »
I have to add that Crooked should rock the shiny suits The Lox had back then at Bad Boy and shouldn't wear his Dodger hat so low, so future fans are able to see his beatiful brown eyes. Then dance a litte more and yell 'bling bling' instead of 'C.O.B'.
i don´t need any medicate shit im 100 normal.