Author Topic: Crooked I-Hood Star (OFF DEATH ROW SAMPLER)  (Read 1147 times)

TRU 504 BoY

• 'G'
  • Fuck You!
Re: Crooked I-Hood Star (OFF DEATH ROW SAMPLER)
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2009, 03:26:09 PM »
I don't see the logic in buying this shit from FTP or LSN or anybody else. Its getting released from wideawake now. People are prob paying double or triple its reatil price tag when it hits stores. people should just wait. Can't believe people were gonna pay $50 for a buncha mp3's that wasn't even a finished product.

TRU 504 BoY

• 'G'
  • Fuck You!
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2009, 03:27:31 PM »
By the way, what stores are giving this away? Best buy and FYE?

JohnnyL

« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2009, 03:28:15 PM »
I don't see the logic in buying this shit from FTP or LSN or anybody else. Its getting released from wideawake now. People are prob paying double or triple its reatil price tag when it hits stores. people should just wait. Can't believe people were gonna pay $50 for a buncha mp3's that wasn't even a finished product.

Yeah.  That's the beauty of retail.  When the real one hits, it'll probably be like 10 bucks.

hobomotel

« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2009, 03:30:05 PM »
thread updated with link to all 3 tracks in their original format......enjoy ya'll

thanks man!

JohnnyL

« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2009, 03:31:53 PM »

Man, I wish lol ...I could've saved myself about an hour and a half of driving.  I found mine at a cd store called "Slackers" in St. Louis.  I think it's just a Missouri chain though.  Unfortuantely Best Buy and FYE weren't participating....which sucks 'cause they have both those stores in a town that's only about 25 miles from where I live.  It seemed like most of the stores carrying these were smaller chains.  Except I do remember seeing that CD Wharehouse was participating.

EFFeX

« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2009, 04:28:51 PM »

Man, I wish lol ...I could've saved myself about an hour and a half of driving.  I found mine at a cd store called "Slackers" in St. Louis.  I think it's just a Missouri chain though.  Unfortuantely Best Buy and FYE weren't participating....which sucks 'cause they have both those stores in a town that's only about 25 miles from where I live.  It seemed like most of the stores carrying these were smaller chains.  Except I do remember seeing that CD Wharehouse was participating.

Yeah I think the Record Store Day event was to celebrate the "independent music store" game, but a larger chain "Newbury Comics" in my area was participating, but said they weren't carrying it.

kuruptDPG

« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2009, 04:33:13 PM »
thanks for dropping this homie

Al Bundy

« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2009, 05:45:03 PM »
glad i didn't waste my time driving out of town to grab this. song sucks

JohnnyL

« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2009, 06:07:54 PM »
  Personally, I don't think the song is anything special either.  Crooked's lyrics are on-point but the chorus is kind of bland and non-memorable.  I think "So Damn Hood" or even "I'm So Crooked" would have been better first singles.  Even though there's nothing necessarily poppy or commercial about "I'm So Crooked" that might make it a cross-over hit, there is something really catchy about it.  I would say that "Hoodstar" is decent but not great.  And I don't know what they were thinking when they thought about making this the first single.  On the other hand this song was free, so I don't think anyone can complain too much.
  What did impress me about this release was the sound quality.  All three of these tracks were delivered as nice big wav files.  If this quality reflects the way their future releases will sound, then I will be very happy.

Rickdeeznutz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2009, 06:38:28 PM »
VIP Records got the Death Row Sampler, both VIPs in Long Beach and Slauson and Crenshaw. Just went to the one in Long Beach! Havnt been to the infamous VIP records in long beach in awhile. Got my sampler and got myself a copy of Nippsey Hussles Bullets Aint Got No name physical copy! 8)

Mietek23

« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2009, 04:54:27 AM »
  Personally, I don't think the song is anything special either.  Crooked's lyrics are on-point but the chorus is kind of bland and non-memorable.  I think "So Damn Hood" or even "I'm So Crooked" would have been better first singles.  Even though there's nothing necessarily poppy or commercial about "I'm So Crooked" that might make it a cross-over hit, there is something really catchy about it.  I would say that "Hoodstar" is decent but not great.  And I don't know what they were thinking when they thought about making this the first single.  On the other hand this song was free, so I don't think anyone can complain too much.
  What did impress me about this release was the sound quality.  All three of these tracks were delivered as nice big wav files.  If this quality reflects the way their future releases will sound, then I will be very happy.

Yea, "I'm So Crooked" is fuckin' dope 8)! Been listen to this track for some time and the beat & lyrics on that joint are just str8 fire! "Hoodstars" is good but I've expected something more from it because that was supposed to be Crook's first single from his DR album...

papa-smurf

« Reply #41 on: April 19, 2009, 09:43:44 AM »
Crooked i my favorite rapper.but this song sucks.im beginning to thing crooked i death row album probley was wack.I still wonna hear his death row album tho.but i got a feeling that crooked i new material is way better then his death row album material.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: April 19, 2009, 09:56:54 AM »
its aite
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

EFFeX

« Reply #43 on: April 19, 2009, 10:04:22 AM »
Crooked i my favorite rapper.but this song sucks.im beginning to thing crooked i death row album probley was wack.I still wonna hear his death row album tho.but i got a feeling that crooked i new material is way better then his death row album material.

I've been saying for a long time that Crooked I's post-Death Row material is better. He grew as an artist and expresses himself more freely now.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2009, 10:32:14 AM »
thats a tuff 1, his death row material is crazy and some of his best, possibly his best
he was spittin durin that era

I've been saying for a long time that Crooked I's post-Death Row material is better. He grew as an artist and expresses himself more freely now.

damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.