Author Topic: Every season from The Wire has been strong but...  (Read 839 times)

Sofa_King_Awesome

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Five poppin' Six droppin'
Re: Every season from The Wire has been strong but...
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2010, 08:49:01 PM »
Fuck faggot ass Omar. But Marlo, Barksdale, and String were my favs, no homo.
are you people that dumb and slow...lol...
Tuff one...but quik is up there...put it on me is classic imo and on some detox shit...dj lethal>>dj quik....rza>>premo.....dre>>>quik....rza=dre....dre, rza, quik, dj lethal>>>>>timberland, rockwielder, EIMINEM, mannie fresh

Jaydc

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2010, 08:57:46 PM »
I felt season four was the strongest season.Season five had great moments and was better then 90 percent of other tv shows but by the standards set by the other seasons it was a let down.

marcb

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2010, 02:32:41 AM »
I don't think one minute of the wire was a let down, it was mind blowing.

Did anyone watch generation kill?  That was an incredible show as well by the same creators.  I just got the corner on dvd which is the show they did before the wire.

Amazing to think stringer and mcnulty are english, they had me fooled.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2010, 07:12:55 AM »

Did anyone watch generation kill?  That was an incredible show as well by the same creators.  I just got the corner on dvd which is the show they did before the wire.

The corner is dope, yet to see generation kill.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2010, 08:14:29 AM »

So the minute where Omar had this huge lip walking outside the store from falling off a building to the next minute where he's walking perfectly fine inside the store didn't let you down at all?

Muhfukka

« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2010, 12:00:52 AM »
great show, they need to release it on dvd for a non insane price

??? All seasons available for a cut-price over here.. been out for ages. Even the full series combo set.

oh shit i guess i hadnt seen it for sale in a while. 120 for all 5 seasons isnt bad at all, ill probably pick that up when i feel like watching it again

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2010, 02:55:47 AM »
I for one thought Marlo was brilliant as the bad guy and did well replacing Avon Barksdale's crew as the main villain character.

I also disagree with some people saying Season 5 was weak. Yeah, parts of it were very different to the previous series which were more "street" based (ie. the whole newspaper storyline) but I found it equally entertaining.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2010, 09:23:53 AM »
I for one thought Marlo was brilliant as the bad guy and did well replacing Avon Barksdale's crew as the main villain character.

I also disagree with some people saying Season 5 was weak. Yeah, parts of it were very different to the previous series which were more "street" based (ie. the whole newspaper storyline) but I found it equally entertaining.

The newspaper scenes were the best part. In fact the only good parts.

Everything else was so over the top, and in the case of the limp, not thought out at all. If Season 5 was the first season I never would have made it past episode 4 or 5. It's not just a weak season, it's a terrible TV show by any stretch.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2010, 08:44:48 PM »
If Season 5 was the first season I never would have made it past episode 4 or 5.

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2010, 02:07:29 AM »

Everything else was so over the top, and in the case of the limp, not thought out at all. If Season 5 was the first season I never would have made it past episode 4 or 5. It's not just a weak season, it's a terrible TV show by any stretch.

Totally disagree. One of the main things I disagree on this with you is about it being over the top. I don't watch TV for it to be believable. If I wanted that I'd go outside and watch life. I watch TV shows to be entertained and The Wire entertained me. Sure, the last season was definitely not the best (and possibly slightly weaker than the rest also) but it certainly wasn't terrible.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2010, 06:07:22 AM »

Totally disagree. One of the main things I disagree on this with you is about it being over the top. I don't watch TV for it to be believable. If I wanted that I'd go outside and watch life. I watch TV shows to be entertained and The Wire entertained me. Sure, the last season was definitely not the best (and possibly slightly weaker than the rest also) but it certainly wasn't terrible.

I watch TV for those same reasons, but over the top doesn't mean over the top compared to regular daily life. It means over the top compared to the previous 4 seasons. The whole tone of the show changed when they started bringing in all these action movie story lines and suspense bullshit, and most importantly they didn't even do that well. I've seen shitty Van Damme movies where they can at least remember a guy has a fucking limp from one scene to the next.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2010, 02:45:50 PM »
^ wait is that you with the fro in your avatar? im jealous.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2010, 03:33:44 PM »
^ wait is that you with the fro in your avatar? im jealous.

That was taken the day of the haircut last week. I shaved too. So I look a lot cleaner now.