Author Topic: Kobe Bryant leapfrogs Kevin Garnett as NBA's most popular jersey  (Read 1044 times)

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
The list is based on sales at the NBA Store in New York City and NBAStore.com since the start of the 2008-09 NBA season through April 2009.

Twelve players competing in the 2009 Playoffs appear on the list. The Cleveland Cavaliers' LeBron James, a strong contender for the NBA MVP award this season, has regained the No 2 spot, where he was ranked in 2005-06, and the New Orleans Hornets' Chris Paul climbed to No 3, his highest ranking.

The Celtics' "Big 3" - Garnett, Paul Pierce and Ray Allen - appear on the list at four, seven and 12 respectively. Orlando Magic's 2009 Defensive Player of the Year Dwight Howard appears in the Top 10 for the first time at No.10 and the Chicago Bulls' 2009 Rookie of the Year Derrick Rose ranks No. 11.

Fans continue to demand Los Angeles Lakers merchandise as the team tops the NBA's list of most popular team merchandise. Lakers merchandise has been the most popular among fans for six out of the last seven seasons.

The Celtics fall to No.2 after holding the top spot for the first time during their phenomenal 2008 championship season. The New York Knicks, Cleveland Cavaliers and Chicago Bulls round out the top five.

Top 15 Most Popular NBA Jerseys:
1. Kobe Bryant (Los Angeles Lakers)
2. LeBron James (Cleveland Cavaliers)
3. Chris Paul (New Orleans Hornets)
4. Kevin Garnett (Boston Celtics)
5. Allen Iverson (Detroit Pistons)
6. Dwyane Wade (Miami Heat)
7. Paul Pierce (Boston Celtics)
8. Nate Robinson (New York Knicks)
9. Pau Gasol (Los Angeles Lakers)
10. Dwight Howard ( Orlando Magic)
11. Derrick Rose (Chicago Bulls)
12. Ray Allen (Boston Celtics)
13. Steve Nash (Phoenix Suns)
14. Shaquille O'Neal (Phoenix Suns)
15. Carmelo Anthony (Denver Nuggets)

Top 10 Most Popular Team Merchandise:
1. Los Angeles Lakers
2. Boston Celtics
3. New York Knicks
4. Cleveland Cavaliers
5. Chicago Bulls
6. New Orleans Hornets
7. Phoenix Suns
8. Miami Heat
9. Detroit Pistons
10. San Antonio Spurs

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/basketball/5249904/LA-Lakers-Kobe-Bryant-leapfrogs-Kevin-Garnett-as-NBAs-most-popular-jersey.html

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Kobe Bryant leapfrogs Kevin Garnett as NBA's most popular jersey
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2009, 06:04:28 PM »
Bynum will be on that list next season

PLANT

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2009, 06:05:55 PM »
well since NIK copped 5000 of them this year, the numbers dont suprise me :-\ :-X ??? ;)

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2009, 06:39:42 PM »
Boy this really backs up NIKs claim that the NBA hates the Lakers LOL! Makes sense for a league to hate its most popular team.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2009, 07:10:18 PM »
Boy this really backs up NIKs claim that the NBA hates the Lakers LOL! Makes sense for a league to hate its most popular team.

thats the first thing i thought when i saw the title of the thread lol. :laugh:

but it doesnt really surprize me, i mean Laker fans are great/devoted fans & buy all that shit; hats, jerseys, shirts, etc. & then you got people who dont really follow basketball, but they do a little & cop Kobe's shit, because he is Kobe & then you got a whole MESS of front-runners who switch teams every few years & cop some Laker shit.

if LeBron somehow wins this year, those numbers will change.

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2009, 07:51:18 PM »
Kobe was topping the jersey sales charts even during the years when Lakers weren't the top contenders. It's the same formula for every sport, as we see in the Yankees and Cowboys as well. Marketable player + big market team = dominating merchandise sales.

S P I C E

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • LOOK WHO'S BACK
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2009, 08:24:40 PM »
Bynum will be on that list next season

LOL

DIP DIP SET SET

herpes

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2009, 09:03:40 PM »
Doesn't surprise me.  Look at the rape statistics in this country, of course rapist will support one of their own.

How the fuck is Nate Robinson on the list lol.

'EclipZe

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2009, 11:03:15 PM »
I didn't know robinson was so populair lol.

PLANT

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2009, 04:57:32 AM »
All the little people who love basketball copped the Nate jersey since hes their hero, and all the rich fuckers and jews that live in LA/Cali copped the home and away Kobe jerseys plus NIKs got the whole uniform uncluding warm ups, hoodies, socks jockstraps ect...

Jaydc555

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2009, 06:48:16 AM »
I heard kobe is unveiling a kobe rape kit this year.complete with lakers duct tape and crowbar

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2009, 08:12:10 AM »

are you retarded? what does the amount of jersey sales a player gets have to do with the amount of respect he gets from the league and league officials? LMAO. what a jackass you are.

Jaydc555

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2009, 08:14:58 AM »
Yeah rapists really don't get enough respect

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2009, 09:43:14 AM »

are you retarded? what does the amount of jersey sales a player gets have to do with the amount of respect he gets from the league and league officials? LMAO. what a jackass you are.

Professional sports leagues dont tend to want to destroy the most popular teams. Cmon man, youre rich. Does that sound like a wise business move?  You think the NBA didnt WANT Lakers vs Celtics last year? You think the NBA doesnt WANT Lakers vs Cavs this year? lol.  But yet they hate them....LOL
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

dexter

« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2009, 10:17:36 AM »
Doesn't surprise me.  Look at the rape statistics in this country, of course rapist will support one of their own.

How the fuck is Nate Robinson on the list lol.
FAGGOT