Author Topic: 05/05/2009: 50 Cent & Label Boss Dr. Dre Revamp "Before I Self Destruct"  (Read 588 times)

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Every man dies...but not everyman really lives"
[Shady/Aftermath's] 50 Cent shelves most of his existing music in favor of the Doc's fresh beats.
By Shaheem Reid, with additional reporting by Tim Kash

NEW YORK — OK, now the lane is clear for 50 Cent to do his thing.

Fif has delayed his Before I Self Destruct LP a few times over the past year, but now, with Eminem's Relapse project in the can, G-Unit's human epicenter has been able to get more of Dr. Dre's attention and beats.

Last week, while in New York promoting his "Blood in the Sand" video game and taking a break from shooting his next film, "Twelve," Fif explained his refocusing on the album.

"I just got back from Detroit — prior to me starting 'Twelve' — [with] Em and Dre finishing up the record," he said. "It's clear for me now, creatively, 'cause we got Em completed. His album is mixed and mastered and ready to be presented to the public."

50 said going back in with Dre caused him to shelf most of his existing material in favor of working on new music. "It's about 30 percent of what I had when I felt like I was finished," he explained. "The production, Dre made a lot more of the music that's on the actual album now. I rewrote some concepts."

Fif said he changed his tune about some of his songs because they sat so long.

"To me, sometimes it would sound like I'm absolutely out my mind if I played you the music," he said, implying that he put some potential hit records on the back burner. "But it gets dated. I've been playing it for myself for so long, I'm no longer as excited as I was when I wrote it for the first time."

50 has not yet announced a new release date for Before I Self Destruct.

MTV.com

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
translation: Jimmy wasn't happy

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
he better release that shit on mixtapes then

Matty

sounds good. this is definitely more anticipated than that relapse shit now.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
sounds good. this is definitely more anticipated than that relapse shit now.
do you actually anticipate this?

Matty

i thought outta control rmx part 2 could be on here :laugh:

there are much more likely to be some clubs style bangers on here than ems album. wonder if they'll be able to get a single good enough to really make noise though.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
i thought outta control rmx part 2 could be on here :laugh:

there are much more likely to be some clubs style bangers on here than ems album. wonder if they'll be able to get a single good enough to really make noise though.
lol, probably not

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Every man dies...but not everyman really lives"

BiggBoogaBiff

Ross made Curly change up his game plan.... Deep Than Rap = Checkmate    Hate on me all you want but that's sum tru shit.  If it wasn't we woulda been had BISD and right now 50 would be online/p/radio goin' hard on Ross.... real talk

J. Bryson

• Muthafuckin' OG
Ross made Curly change up his game plan.... Deep Than Rap = Checkmate    Hate on me all you want but that's sum tru shit.  If it wasn't we woulda been had BISD and right now 50 would be online/p/radio goin' hard on Ross.... real talk

honestly i highly doubt 50 gives a shit about rick ross anymore

Digital Pimpin'

I don't think so...50 had to change up his game plan because BISD was shaping up to be complete shit regardless of the Rick Ross beef.

BiggBoogaBiff

^^^ You may be right, and when he heard how well his competition did he had to go back and do an audible.  For months they were talking about BISD then Relapse then Detox and then he saw how Ross' album wasn't a fluke so he had to step his game up.  And 50 cares very much about this beef, maybe not 2 the point of a Ja Rule beef (that was different) but it's still relevant.  50 is a smart dude, he ain't about to go out like that.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Agreed with Matty, this is much more anticipated than Relapse. All the productions for Em so far sounded a lilttle dated but Get Up and I Get It In were superb. It's a shame while 50 did his thing on Get Up, he completley ruined I Get It In.

BiggBoogaBiff

I fuckin' hated "Get Up" it only got catchy when he used it for his show.  That beat is so simple and boring.  Now "I get it in" was the shit.  More than half of America would probably agree if we heard em both completely finished.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Agreed with Matty, this is much more anticipated than Relapse. All the productions for Em so far sounded a lilttle dated but Get Up and I Get It In were superb. It's a shame while 50 did his thing on Get Up, he completley ruined I Get It In.
lol so you guys really like to hear fire part 2?  :laugh: