Author Topic: hiphop music realy fucked up  (Read 508 times)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Re: hiphop music realy fucked up
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2009, 05:56:09 PM »
Most of the albums most people download would never have been bought in the first place. Hip Hop became a fad in the late 90s early 2000s and a lot of teenagers bought a lot of albums just to feel a part of that fad. Pro wrestling was a big fad then too. If Austin vs Rock for the WWE title was free on Raw next week the ratings would still be nothing compared to what they were in 1999 or 2000.

Dre, Eminem and 50 Cent were doing huge numbers during the height of illegal downloading. They won't do those numbers again because those kids are a little older now and not as many of them care about those artists. There is a bit of a void right now but it'll be filled by the next king of the losers. It took 5 years after Cobain's death to find Eminem. The disenfranchised white teenage male might be the number 1 music buyer in the country and when they don't have a king to worship you don't see strong record sales.

Usually that king is a white male or group of white males artist that speaks to and for these kids. It started with Elvis, moved to the Beatles, then Led Zeppelin, to Pink Floyd, to Bruce Springsteen, to Axl Rose, to Cobain and then to Eminem. All those artists attracted that fan base and made them want to have everything they released, dress like them, talk like them, become them. That is gone now and soon enough some white guy or group of white guys will emerge that captivate the majority of the white teen and that artist and every artist associated with that artist will sell huge numbers.

The other facts is the teen girl, which may even be a bigger buyer. They don't have an N'Sync or Britney right now to flock too and a lot more sales are down because of that.

You can download songs. You can't download concert tickets, T shirts, or crazy screaming mobs of people. If there were new artists doing big numbers in those departments but not selling records then we'd have a case but all those aspects are down too.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2009, 06:14:04 PM »
y'all r so blind to tha world its suiciding

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2009, 06:22:19 PM »
people on the board are concerned with sales? ???

it's obvious you need to be the industry's bitch to sell.

look at Wayne, went to autotune because it sold; made a major single with it; sold 3 million.

rap needs the Xzibit's, Royce's, Budden's, Crooked's of the industry; who do it for the love & know their shit is too good & real to be sold by the millions in today's rap game. ;) 8)

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2009, 06:46:52 PM »

look at Wayne, went to autotune because it sold; made a major single with it; sold 3 million.

rap needs the Xzibit's, Royce's, Budden's, Crooked's of the industry; who do it for the love & know their shit is too good & real to be sold by the millions in today's rap game. ;) 8)

http://illuminati2g.webs.com/docinterview.htm

Yeah that is a crazy record. Do you ever check out albums or anything or are you personally critical of albums that you do not have a hand in? Like for example Ego Trippin from Snoop? I always wondered albums that you did not collaborate with Snoop on, do you listen to them? What is your thoughts on Snoop's last record?

It is not in my nature to criticize people's art. That is just not for me to do. I am not sure if it was the artist Van Gogh or not but lets use him for example. Nowadays everyone says his art is the best thing since fucking toilet paper. Back in his day, they probably thought the guy was just fucking nuts. So to clarify, I don't do that with artists, I don't get into it. Why disrespect the Soulja Boy's or the guys from Dallas/Ft. Worth that do the Stanky Legg, it's all good. If you black and that shit can make you money, by rapping then I say go get that money. Because these boys could be doing alot fucking worse then that. If you can't see that then you just a asshole.

your idols aren't even on tha same side of tha fence as you.  u must hate hip hop music

El the Self Image

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • It's 10:30 somewhere!
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2009, 09:11:38 AM »
or maybe, call me crazy, maybe the entire genre is desperately fucked due to lack of creativity and nobody wants to waste a fucking dime on watered-down bullshit in this recession economy.

If you can not find any Hip-Hop music worth your time,  don't blame Hip-Hop, blame yourself.....
Okay, so you're gonna tell me today's hip-hop is as groundbreaking and original as the hip-hop of the 80's and 90's? If you think so, then you have low standards in the music you listen to.

I love hip-hop......wait, I love QUALITY hip-hop, not the bullshit half of dubcc gets hard over. And it ain't that I'm stuck in 1992. If so, I would be bumping the new bullshit that Daz, Kurupt and other niggas from that era put out just based on nostalgia. I don't because they suck.

And I never blamed hip-hop if you actually read what I said. If anybody is to blame, its people that go out and buy the watered-down poppy bullshit. They reinforce the idea that wacked out bullshit is preferred.

And please don't come at me with that "music is a business" bullshit: I know all about the business, but that's not where I'm coming from. I'm coming at the state of hip-hop as a fan of hip-hop, and as a REAL fan, I can praise hip-hop that's good and equally clown hip-hop that's piss-poor. I still support QUALITY hip-hop til this day, but I will never buy or accept most of the shit out today.

LOl, music is a business, not "bullshit".....

second, I listen to Hip-Hop ALL DAY EVERYDAY.... I listen to about 3 or 4 THOUSAND different artists....

so you ask me if I believe that today's Hip-hop is anygood, THE ANSWER IS YES.
THERE IS DOPE "GROUND BREAKING" HIP-HOP BEING DONE TODAY..... THERE WAS A GROUND BREAKING SONG DONE YESTERDAY, YOU DUMB ASSES JUST DON'T FEEL LIKE OPENING YOUR EARS TO SOMETHING THAT ISN'T ALREADY "CERTIFIED"
YOU CHOOSE TO KEEP YOURSELF LOCKED IN A SYNDROME OF BULLSHIT RAP, AND YOU BLAME THE GAME FOR THE FACT THAT YOU CAN NOT FIND ANY DECENT HIP-HOP, WHEN INFACT, IT'S YOUR OWN DAMN FAULT FOR NOT PROPERLY LOOKING....

grow some balls and take responsiblity for your own path.....
Peace and Blessings,
-Él the Self Image
Parkin Lot Drunks!
eltheself@gmail.com
http://www.myspace.com/eltheself
http://www.myspace.com/imapld

FREE MIXTAPE, OUT NOW, GET IT!

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2009, 10:56:55 AM »

damn cham click thats some real shit for real
get wit the movement the FUCK THA INDUSTRY MOVEMENT haha

damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2009, 01:57:53 AM »
Most of the albums most people download would never have been bought in the first place. Hip Hop became a fad in the late 90s early 2000s and a lot of teenagers bought a lot of albums just to feel a part of that fad. Pro wrestling was a big fad then too. If Austin vs Rock for the WWE title was free on Raw next week the ratings would still be nothing compared to what they were in 1999 or 2000.

Dre, Eminem and 50 Cent were doing huge numbers during the height of illegal downloading. They won't do those numbers again because those kids are a little older now and not as many of them care about those artists. There is a bit of a void right now but it'll be filled by the next king of the losers. It took 5 years after Cobain's death to find Eminem. The disenfranchised white teenage male might be the number 1 music buyer in the country and when they don't have a king to worship you don't see strong record sales.

Usually that king is a white male or group of white males artist that speaks to and for these kids. It started with Elvis, moved to the Beatles, then Led Zeppelin, to Pink Floyd, to Bruce Springsteen, to Axl Rose, to Cobain and then to Eminem. All those artists attracted that fan base and made them want to have everything they released, dress like them, talk like them, become them. That is gone now and soon enough some white guy or group of white guys will emerge that captivate the majority of the white teen and that artist and every artist associated with that artist will sell huge numbers.

The other facts is the teen girl, which may even be a bigger buyer. They don't have an N'Sync or Britney right now to flock too and a lot more sales are down because of that.

You can download songs. You can't download concert tickets, T shirts, or crazy screaming mobs of people. If there were new artists doing big numbers in those departments but not selling records then we'd have a case but all those aspects are down too.

Seriously y'all gotta stop with the wrestling references. That's how I can tell its mostly kids who post on here. And for the record there are tons of artists who sell out concerts but don't sell albums. Think of all those 90s rappers...

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2009, 10:10:27 PM »
Some of yall hit the nail on the head with this topic.

stillinrehab

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2009, 12:49:32 AM »
Some of yall hit the nail on the head with this topic.

Yeah for real... refreshing to see some of these opinions aired out! 8) Cham and Sikotic got this shit down!

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2009, 01:04:33 AM »
or maybe, call me crazy, maybe the entire genre is desperately fucked due to lack of creativity and nobody wants to waste a fucking dime on watered-down bullshit in this recession economy.
damnit sik there you go usin logic and reason again....

smfh

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2009, 01:08:44 AM »
y'all r so blind to tha world its suiciding
wtf? suiciding? you werent lying when you said young jeezy was a big influence....

2euce 7even