Author Topic: Mikah 9 "Timetable " (again)  (Read 54 times)

Myrealname

Mikah 9 "Timetable " (again)
« on: October 13, 2002, 03:13:09 AM »
Listen to this song god dammit,its on the "Timetable" album and to me is fuckin tight!
http://www.theworldofhiphop.com/hiphopstore/mp3/lifeordeath.mp3

Track Listing

1. LET'S FLY (Live at The Good Life '93)
2. BREATH CONTROL
3. BLACK MAN SWING (Live at The Good Life '93)
4. ULTRA BAP
5. DARKLEAF/U.N.I.T.Y. COMMITTEE PARTY PT. 1
6. DANGER featuring Freestyle Fellowship (OG Version)
7. WAY COOL ACAPELLA (Live at The Good Life '93)
8. FREE ENERGY (Scat Version)
9. WE CAME FROM BEYOND PT. 1 (Live on KXLU)
10. LIFE OR DEATH (Click Track Version)
11. ISLAND ACAPELLA PT. 1
12. PARK BENCH PEOPLE (Alternate Version)
13. SPEECHLESS (Live on KZSU 90.1FM)
14. DARKLEAF/U.N.I.T.Y. COMMITTEE PARTY PT. 2
15. WHAT YOU SEE IS WHAT YOU GET
16. AMERICAN NIGHTMARE (Live at Rico's Loft)
17. WAKE UP SHOW FREESTYLE
18. SAND TO THE BEACH
19. DARKLEAF/U.N.I.T.Y. COMMITTEE PARTY PT. 3
20. WE CAME FROM BEYOND PT. 2 (Live on KXLU)
21. FRUIT DON'T FALL...
22.ISLAND ACAPELLA PT. 2
23. FIRST THINGS LAST

'While Aceyalone has been the Fellowship’s most visible member, Mikah is no less gifted. If Acey’s verbal experiments and unpredictable flow make him hip-hop’s Monk, Mikah is Bird, unleashing straight virtuosity on the mic. 'Life and Death' hits like a roundhouse as he fashions himself into a verbal keyboard, staying in perfect rhythmic and melodic sync with Daddy Kev’s pulsating beat and bass lines; on 'Free Energy,' his mouth is a hooting, hollering, moaning scat instrument. Comprising more than 20 freestyles, alternative edits and original songs, Timetable is messy to dig through, especially considering many of the freestyles’ muddled sounds. But with his creative spirit and sheer overload of talent, Mikah taps into the best traditions of what the Fellowship have offered for the last 10 years.' -- Oliver Wang, L..A. Weekly

'Mikah 9's relaxed coif is misleading: It's the only part of him that isn't tightly coiled. His mind is taut, not restricted, but ready to pounce. The Freestyle Fellowship co-founder is one of hip-hop's most gifted microphone fiends and one of its most elusive. The notorious Mikah has been cultivating the reputation of legend in absentia. Yes, absence makes the heart grow fonder, but this rapper deserves the reverence.

With the alternately languorous or lightning-quick touch of his tongue, Mikah makes language his. Timetable is a succulent, if apparently random, collection of freestyles (over borrowed rhythms like O.C.'s 'Time's Up'), a cappellas, previously unreleased tracks and new work with producer Daddy Kev.' -- URB Magazine

Myrealname

Re:Mikah 9 "Timetable " (again)
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2002, 10:45:16 AM »
Listen to that track to understand how tight is Mikah 9!

Myrealname

Re:Mikah 9 "Timetable " (again)
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2002, 11:00:24 AM »
Damn this board is down only for gangsta rap ?
S.G.V. where u at ?
« Last Edit: October 15, 2002, 11:26:03 AM by Myrealname »