Author Topic: Did Dr Dre recycle old beats for "Relapse "  (Read 1385 times)

Rick McCrank

Re: Did Dr Dre recycle old beats for "Relapse "
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2009, 04:41:16 PM »
"Old Times Sake" beat pretty much is a twist of that Coors Light commercial he did back in 2002

G-Funk

« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2009, 04:44:29 PM »
Gin and Juice drums used on Whats the Difference!

hell nah

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2009, 05:27:40 PM »
Some of the dre beats on relapse definately sounded very similar to previous dre tracks, aint no denying this for me, but some of the beats on this were atleast dope, which is refreshing to hear off dre.

pz!

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2009, 05:32:25 PM »
"Old Times Sake" beat pretty much is a twist of that Coors Light commercial he did back in 2002

"If I Can't" was a twist of that. But Dre should twist up the other Coors Light commercial...that beat was sick 8)

miztanutty

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2009, 04:12:43 AM »
Stay Wide Awake  sounds nothing like the Coors Commercial.
I can't believe what i read here sometimes.
Some of you really need 2 see a Doctor.
Yo Ears seem to be Fucked Up.
Bagpipes from Baghdad sounds like Role Model???

I'm not even take this Tread serious anymore >:(

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2009, 06:09:03 AM »
dre aint gonna give em an album full of musical ass complex beats becasue it takes away from the lyrics he saves more complex beats for less lyrical rappers like himself snoop and even fif.

Blasphemy

« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2009, 08:04:58 AM »
With all due respect and I'm not tryin to start an argument or no shit loike that, but some of y'all really need y'all ears checked. Those or not recycled beats. Some of them may have a simular sound/style to them but why wouldn't they when it's the same producer who has his own tastes and what he perfers a record to sound like. Bagpipes is not Role Model, and the only thing the same on Grow up and Deja Vu is the programing of the drums (the pattern), they are not the same drums and they are two completly different guitars on there. They just both happen to be simple a simple drum pattern with a guitar line over them. But totaly differn actual sounds. The only beat I think he used the exact same drums were for Days of Way Back on niggas4life and the intro to the Chronic. Same drums but different music behind it. He used the drums off of Gin & Juice before too but can't remember right now (high, lol).

That's what I said

They both have the same set up, with the drums and they both have guitar riff.

Differences are

Grow Up: Is more calm, has less back beats, and a softer more soothing guitar riff

Deja Vu:Its more Chaotic and dark (To fit with the album), the guitar riff is different to help coincide with album's dark sound.It has extra back beats/production to help make it more chaotic.

Relapse is just Dr. Dre modifying his beats to sound different.Its all good though  8) 8) 8)

So Much Style

« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2009, 08:38:30 AM »
there are only so many drum patterns and instruments in the world guys...and only a couple drum patterns sound "TIGHT" to Dre fans....you know which ones they are, as do i.
That bangin shit,
thow an instrument or 2 over it with the bass and thats it.

i still think dre's best 2001 or later beat is "outta control (remix)"

off em's album i think these beats are the dopest:
my mom
bagpipes
medicine ball (actually em just raps his ass off on here, his 2nd verse is my fav on the album)
deja vu (though i dont think its exactly crack a bottle, it does have a similar pattern *read above.   The difference is the vibe and Eminem is actually rapping As HIMSELF on deja vu which is rare on the album
So much style back at it again

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2009, 09:40:30 AM »
dre needs to use that clap snare a little less...it sounds real dope on deja vu though.

Native American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 2o11
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2009, 10:14:42 AM »
Bag Pipes is a sicc ass track, probly my Fav.......this album has some SICC-ASS KICKS and DRUMS. The Clearity Is Amazing, Cant Wait For The Actual CD to Drop Im Gonna Bump It Then.

as for the thread started, i dont see the recycle u claim, stop bashing and just enjoy the music if u dont like it then dont listen to it.

THESE DAYS TO HATE IS MORE THEN AN HOBBY, PEOPLE LIVE IT !!!
EVERY LAST ONE OF ''Y-O-U'' BELIEVE THAT DR. DRE HAS MADE THESE SONG's FOR ''Y-O-U''.
THE REALITY IS THAT THE SONG's ARE ''ABOUT Y-O-U'' !!!!!!

Prof@ssor

« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2009, 10:50:53 AM »
Man Ya'll Hatein'

How come Nobody says something about  Neptunes or Primo using the same Drums all the Time???

Touché

Escrooge

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2009, 02:47:22 PM »
Gin and Juice drums used on Whats the Difference!

hell nah

Real Talk, listen to the drum pattern. Both tracks I estimate is like 90-95 BPM's
Everybody is wondering what Barack is going to do for us for the next 8 years, what are you going to do for yourself the next 8 years?

Nelson Muntz

• Lil Geezy
  • HAW HAW!
« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2009, 03:16:02 PM »
I also thought bagpipes from Baghdad sounded like role model as well. It is very similar just with bagpipes lol

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2009, 04:12:58 PM »
did Dre ever producer "Role Model" for Eminem??? i know he produced a 2-3 tracks on that CD but not sure if that was one

Dr. Dre & Mel-Man. Still my favourite Em track to date...I love the bass on it.
YOU PROBABLY WANT TO GROW UP JUST LIKE ME  :D

YOU PROBABLY WANT TO GROW TO BE UP JUST LIKE ME  :P

Blasphemy

« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2009, 05:31:13 PM »
Bag Pipes is a sicc ass track, probly my Fav.......this album has some SICC-ASS KICKS and DRUMS. The Clearity Is Amazing, Cant Wait For The Actual CD to Drop Im Gonna Bump It Then.

as for the thread started, i dont see the recycle u claim, stop bashing and just enjoy the music if u dont like it then dont listen to it.

THESE DAYS TO HATE IS MORE THEN AN HOBBY, PEOPLE LIVE IT !!!

Its not about hating, and no one saying we think the shit sucks ass, just because a mother fucker recycles doesn't mean its automatically shit nor does it automatically good. Its the same producer, he just redoing old ground. COnsidering Ems style of production was consistent on all the albums, I wouldn't expect anything different. Dr. Dre did his G-Funk thing since N.W.A then with Slim Shady LP he finally developed his new style and has been using his second 1 ever since. So its possible he modifies a previous one because he think he can build on it or something.

Or his ass cheaping out cause he's busting a nut over some Detox stuff. LOlz or he knows the 4 things em loves (Homosexuals,Drug Abuse,Shock Lyrics, his mom) and figures his ass will go out sell anyways because White people love him. XD Its entirely possible he is influenced by previous productions  or he didn't notice.  8) 8) 8)