Author Topic: Did Dr Dre recycle old beats for "Relapse "  (Read 1389 times)

jory

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Did Dr Dre recycle old beats for "Relapse "
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2009, 06:44:43 AM »
Dre used the same bassline twice on doggystyle.  It's nothin new. 

twice?

try 3 times.

"g funk intro" and "dre day" sample the same exact song

he was talking just doggystyle but yeah dre day as well

the ones on doggystyle

Gfunk into, Whats my name and Doggy dogg world

cant c see me aswell

Man On The Moon

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'll Be Posted With My Blunt and A Brew...
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2009, 06:47:38 AM »
The Deja Vu song is basically Bishop Lamonts (another dre. produce track) with extra drums in the back, and a different guitar riff.The main drums are set up the same way everything is, only difference its modified to be slightly more Chaotic, were as Bishop's is suppose to be calming.

Also 1 of the track's sounds like a modified version of Tupac's "Until the end of the time" not the OG the one released on the album, just 1 less drum.

What Bishop Lamont song? This beat sounds very familiar.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2009, 07:00:03 AM »
Dre's admitted to re-using the same beats but  he sequences them in a way that they they sound totally different, he's clearly not sequencing hard enough lately otherwise we wouldn't notice.
exactly - every producer does this
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

jeanmiche777

« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2009, 09:12:35 AM »
It's been said in another topic; Deja Vu is basically the crack a bottle sample replayed. They added some notes here and there, but it's based on that sample.

Blasphemy

« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2009, 09:13:04 AM »
The Deja Vu song is basically Bishop Lamonts (another dre. produce track) with extra drums in the back, and a different guitar riff.The main drums are set up the same way everything is, only difference its modified to be slightly more Chaotic, were as Bishop's is suppose to be calming.

Also 1 of the track's sounds like a modified version of Tupac's "Until the end of the time" not the OG the one released on the album, just 1 less drum.

What Bishop Lamont song? This beat sounds very familiar.

"Grow Up" Bishop Lamont's (came out first) was mainly calming and suppose to have a soothing sound, Ems version is more Chaotic (to compliment the Slim Shady persona).

Also just because he sampled Atomic Dogg (during his G-Funk days) on a lot of songs, doesn't automatically make em the same, but they all do sound somewhat seemlier because of the use of same sample.Hell I think that was his favorite song to use or something, He used it some for The Chronic, a lot on Doggystyle and even used it on 1 of the 2 tracks he contributed to All Eyez On me (Can't See Me).He used it as much as Ice did on the Death Certificate album.

On the Real, a lot of these songs appear they were either first versions or upgraded versions of previous tracks he made. Hell the "Old Times sake" tracks sounds something off The Eminem show.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2009, 09:13:19 AM »
Dre used the same bassline twice on doggystyle.  It's nothin new. 

twice?

try 3 times.

"g funk intro" and "dre day" sample the same exact song

he was talking just doggystyle but yeah dre day as well

the ones on doggystyle

Gfunk into, Whats my name and Doggy dogg world

cant c see me aswell

true say

CanadActive

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Only one GOAT... MJ
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2009, 09:14:39 AM »
I don't know if someone brought it up already, but the sample in "Crack a Bottle" was also used by Wu-Tang & Aesop Rock for the song "Preservation" on "Think Differently Music : Wu-Tang meets the indie culture" (2005)...

The Canadian Polish

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2009, 09:22:22 AM »
did Dre ever producer "Role Model" for Eminem??? i know he produced a 2-3 tracks on that CD but not sure if that was one
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2009, 09:40:00 AM »
did Dre ever producer "Role Model" for Eminem??? i know he produced a 2-3 tracks on that CD but not sure if that was one

Dr. Dre & Mel-Man. Still my favourite Em track to date...I love the bass on it.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2009, 09:46:37 AM »

YOU PROBABLY WANT TO GROW UP JUST LIKE ME  :D

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2009, 09:48:21 AM »

ok so it wasn't jeff base, just checking

i love that track but i think "As the world turns" is my fav

Adriano

• Dream Team
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2009, 10:20:01 AM »

The latest trend of cloning your own beat ( thanks Drumma boy) has even hit Dr Dre's lazy ass.

the "My Mom" instrumental is a slowed- down clone of "Gunz Come out" off of 50 cent's Massacre album.

my mom -

gunz come out -http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n03yT9A2MRg

the next one i noticed was Eminem's song " Bagpipes from Baghdad". This was tougher to figure out, but Dr Dre pulled a kanye and used a sped up sample; his own. its " Role Model"

Bagpipes from Baghdad -http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIKfATRpUrQ

Role Model -

there is probably more, but i haven't heard the album fully, and i am not familiar with all of Dre's production. I sure as hell aint hyped for detox no more if he gonna be recycling s**t

and ?

i hear what you tryin to say.. but.. i dont know..somehow i feel like detox aint gonna sound like those em beats

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

miztanutty

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2009, 10:45:01 AM »
Man Ya'll Hatein'

How come Nobody says something about  Neptunes or Primo using the same Drums all the Time???

jman91331

« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2009, 12:16:33 PM »
With all due respect and I'm not tryin to start an argument or no shit loike that, but some of y'all really need y'all ears checked. Those or not recycled beats. Some of them may have a simular sound/style to them but why wouldn't they when it's the same producer who has his own tastes and what he perfers a record to sound like. Bagpipes is not Role Model, and the only thing the same on Grow up and Deja Vu is the programing of the drums (the pattern), they are not the same drums and they are two completly different guitars on there. They just both happen to be simple a simple drum pattern with a guitar line over them. But totaly differn actual sounds. The only beat I think he used the exact same drums were for Days of Way Back on niggas4life and the intro to the Chronic. Same drums but different music behind it. He used the drums off of Gin & Juice before too but can't remember right now (high, lol).

Escrooge

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2009, 03:37:24 PM »
Gin and Juice drums used on Whats the Difference!
Everybody is wondering what Barack is going to do for us for the next 8 years, what are you going to do for yourself the next 8 years?