Author Topic: Terminator Salvation  (Read 1063 times)

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
Terminator Salvation
« on: May 21, 2009, 03:52:12 AM »
fucking great movie, just got back from seeing it.  :o

almost died on the way back, but thats another story. My only beef with the movie is the Terminator theme isnt actually in it, and the acting is kinda bad on a few lines. Action is amazing though

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

Re: Terminator Salvation
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2009, 04:04:37 AM »
fucking great movie, just got back from seeing it.  :o

almost died on the way back, but thats another story. My only beef with the movie is the Terminator theme isnt actually in it, and the acting is kinda bad on a few lines. Action is amazing though

thanx for your review, ill be seeing it for sure...great to hear they used arnies face on T800 for cameo

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2009, 05:14:15 AM »
might wanna spoiler tag that somehow, its a great moment for people that dont know about it.

T2 >> TS >>> T1 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> T3 (piece of shit)

this movie isn't like T2 in that it has appeal in the sense of drama/emotional depth, but its fun as fuck. Siskel used to say a good movie has 3 good scenes and no bad ones. Well, this has atleast 5 great ones and my complaints are minimal. Go see this shit!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 05:20:45 AM by R1ZE »

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2009, 07:56:46 AM »
might wanna spoiler tag that somehow, its a great moment for people that dont know about it.

this movie isn't like T2 in that it has appeal in the sense of drama/emotional depth, but its fun as fuck. Siskel used to say a good movie has 3 good scenes and no bad ones. Well, this has atleast 5 great ones and my complaints are minimal. Go see this shit!

Haven't seen TS, but T1>>>>>>>>>>>T2 any day of the week for me. And every year tat goes by I add another > because T2 starts to look more dated. What I mean is that at first T2 looked so much better than T1 in terms of production that it was erasy to think of T1 as inferior, but as time passes and they both start looking dated, T1 still has it's coolness factor, amazing concept, and great themes. T2 just reuses the same concept and theme and in a less effective way.

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2009, 08:31:51 AM »

Haven't seen TS, but T1>>>>>>>>>>>T2 any day of the week for me. And every year tat goes by I add another > because T2 starts to look more dated. What I mean is that at first T2 looked so much better than T1 in terms of production that it was erasy to think of T1 as inferior, but as time passes and they both start looking dated, T1 still has it's coolness factor, amazing concept, and great themes. T2 just reuses the same concept and theme and in a less effective way.

Disagree strongly.

Especially since it added so much more. "No fate" really comes into its own in that movie with them taking destiny into their own hands. And the whole terminator as a father figure, and questions of man vs machine dont even exist in the original. In T1 the terminator's just a plot device, nothing more.

Add to that the fact that T2 isn't dated at all. The CGI T-1000 still looks great today and everything else was practical effects. Easily the best action of any movie and the end's emotional note doesn't seem forced or corny.. unlike the hokey love story between reese and sarah in T1. Plus the stop motion is ridiculous in 2009.

T2 did everything T1 did better, and then did a bunch of other shit too. That's why its classic.

mikeOG

• Quadruple OG
  • Muthafuckin' OG
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2009, 01:40:55 PM »
the terminator theme song isnt in it? wtf  :( watching the trailer with the theme song had me pumped up about this movie

why couldnt they just add that to it? did it hurt them in any way or form. fuck

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2009, 08:51:14 PM »
the dun dun dun dun dun is in it but the actual doo doo doooooooooo isnt

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2009, 08:22:41 AM »

Disagree strongly.

Especially since it added so much more. "No fate" really comes into its own in that movie with them taking destiny into their own hands. And the whole terminator as a father figure, and questions of man vs machine dont even exist in the original. In T1 the terminator's just a plot device, nothing more.

Add to that the fact that T2 isn't dated at all. The CGI T-1000 still looks great today and everything else was practical effects. Easily the best action of any movie and the end's emotional note doesn't seem forced or corny.. unlike the hokey love story between reese and sarah in T1. Plus the stop motion is ridiculous in 2009.

T2 did everything T1 did better, and then did a bunch of other shit too. That's why its classic.

They never take destiny into their own hands. The whole point of the series is that no matter how much you try and avoid Judgment Day it's still coming and no matter how you already know about the future your destiny is set out for you. The only thing T2 did for me was ask stupid questions like if they had T100 the whole time why just not send him back to the first movie setting the first time and kill Sarah then?

Remember in the first one it was explained that the Machines had been defeated and the last ditch effort before beiong completely taken over was to send a terminater back to the past and kill John Connor before he had a chance to lead the rebellion. So John sent back Reese to stop them, and in turn start everything because John knows that whole time that Resse is his father and needs to send him back in order to be born. It's the whole space time continuum thing.

T2 just turned the whole thing into a pop corn flick. T1 was a cult classic. Sure the love story was paint by numbers, but don't think the surrogate father thing wasn't too. Got kind of sappy at the end too. It's not a complete joke of a film or anything, but if both were made under at the same time T1 would be a clear winner. T1 was made with Cameron's muse in mind. T2 was made with Cameron's wallet in mind.

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2009, 06:17:27 PM »

Disagree strongly.

They never take destiny into their own hands. The whole point of the series is that no matter how much you try and avoid Judgment Day it's still coming and no matter how you already know about the future your destiny is set out for you. The only thing T2 did for me was ask stupid questions like if they had T100 the whole time why just not send him back to the first movie setting the first time and kill Sarah then?

Remember in the first one it was explained that the Machines had been defeated and the last ditch effort before beiong completely taken over was to send a terminater back to the past and kill John Connor before he had a chance to lead the rebellion. So John sent back Reese to stop them, and in turn start everything because John knows that whole time that Resse is his father and needs to send him back in order to be born. It's the whole space time continuum thing.

T2 just turned the whole thing into a pop corn flick. T1 was a cult classic. Sure the love story was paint by numbers, but don't think the surrogate father thing wasn't too. Got kind of sappy at the end too. It's not a complete joke of a film or anything, but if both were made under at the same time T1 would be a clear winner. T1 was made with Cameron's muse in mind. T2 was made with Cameron's wallet in mind.

T2 has more heart.

I respect your opinion though, I know some people feel this way but I'll never understand it. Have you seen T4 yet?

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2009, 06:59:55 PM »
this movie sucked
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2009, 10:25:30 PM »

Disagree strongly.

T2 has more heart.

I respect your opinion though, I know some people feel this way but I'll never understand it. Have you seen T4 yet?

Haven't seen it yet, but went to watch Star Trek today and ran into two friends walking out that just watched Salvation and they both really liked it, and they're the type who I trust with film opinions, so I'm gonna check it out tomorrow.

As for more heart; I agree it does have more heart. I just don't think the heart it does have that T1 doesn't is crafted well enough to make it a better film than T1. It's hard to understand the greatness of T1 if you grew up with T2. I just watched Star Trek so I'll use that as an example; for a kid growing up in the late 80s/early 90s that fell in love with Next Generation and never saw Star Trek the original until after already becoming a Trek fan the old show will always be a little off for that kid. But a for a kid in the 60s, Next Gen will never be as great as the original.

I saw T1 and T2 both for the first time on the same day back in the early 90s as a kid, and for me T2 was just the same story with a few different twists when I first saw it, and it's the same thing to me now.

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2009, 01:12:25 AM »

The only reason why t1 is the best is because arnold was actually THE TERMINATOR...to terminate bitches like Sarah Connor.  That was what made the series live on..not because of being the protector.
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2009, 12:18:27 PM »

^^^ yep that fucked me up lol

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2009, 08:36:05 PM »

Ok, just saw it. Actually a lot better than I thought it would be. Not as good as 2, but way better than T3.

I quoted you because now I'm actually stunned by your opinion. I get why a lot of people born after T1 came out prefer T2, but to say that Salvation is better than T1 really makes me think that you don't understand why T1 was so great to begin with. Think of T1 as the Sgt. Peppers of Sci-Fi action thrillers. Maybe the people that love it love it too much and maybe it is overrated, and if you want to say The White Album is better than Sgt. Peppers that's one thing, but you're calling McCartney's Ram album better than Sgt. Peppers and that's just absurd.

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2009, 09:21:42 AM »

Ok, just saw it. Actually a lot better than I thought it would be. Not as good as 2, but way better than T3.

I quoted you because now I'm actually stunned by your opinion. I get why a lot of people born after T1 came out prefer T2, but to say that Salvation is better than T1 really makes me think that you don't understand why T1 was so great to begin with. Think of T1 as the Sgt. Peppers of Sci-Fi action thrillers. Maybe the people that love it love it too much and maybe it is overrated, and if you want to say The White Album is better than Sgt. Peppers that's one thing, but you're calling McCartney's Ram album better than Sgt. Peppers and that's just absurd.

Well, I won't call it a better film - but I do enjoy it more.