Author Topic: Anyone else tired of Lebron mania?  (Read 5632 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: Anyone else tired of Lebron mania?
« Reply #105 on: May 28, 2009, 11:23:45 AM »
^why wouldn't they threepeat?

how could you tell that? :laugh:

if teams couldn't stop it the first two years, they wouldn't stop it for the 3rd year (esspecially if LeBron was only getting better).

think what you'd like though.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #106 on: May 28, 2009, 11:36:06 AM »

if teams couldn't stop it the first two years, they wouldn't stop it for the 3rd year (esspecially if LeBron was only getting better).

cuz kobe's clutchness and huge fourth quarters was a deciding factor in our threepeat...no way lebron could take over games when they need him to the way kobe did. and who's to say that lebron's game would compliment Shaq's as much as kobe's did? kobe having a deadly jumper is part of what gave Shaq so much freedom down-low...and defensively, kobe was already an all-nba defender in the threepeat era....fact of the matter is, lebron and shaq woulda made a nice combo, but it wouldn't be no kobe and shaq...no way, no how.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #107 on: May 28, 2009, 11:43:49 AM »

cuz kobe's clutchness and huge fourth quarters was a deciding factor in our threepeat...no way lebron could take over games when they need him to the way kobe did. and who's to say that lebron's game would compliment Shaq's as much as kobe's did? kobe having a deadly jumper is part of what gave Shaq so much freedom down-low...and defensively, kobe was already an all-nba defender in the threepeat era....fact of the matter is, lebron and shaq woulda made a nice combo, but it wouldn't be no kobe and shaq...no way, no how.

maybe they wouldn't have worked as well together, i know what your saying there.

but Shaq was the most dominate then & LeBron is the most dominate (unless you put Kobe in front of him lol) now. so my belief is just on pure skill & dominance alone the two could have done what Kobe & Shaq did.

but it's almost something non-debatable from both of our views.

we should start talking & making threads on the Laker/Magic Final; yeah that's right guys, i've given up on LeBron & the Nuggets aren't beating the Lakers in LA if it goes to 7.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #108 on: May 28, 2009, 12:16:29 PM »
These NBA threads are getting really annoying with the whole Kobe vs. Lebron thing.

One day it's:

Cleveland have the best team in the NBA and Kobe has to do it all by himself

Next day it's

Lakers have the best team and Lebron has to do it all by himself

Not to mention that one day Kobe makes his poor teammates better and the next day it's Lebron that does that.

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #109 on: May 28, 2009, 01:51:18 PM »
First it was Kobe vs Jordan, then Kobe vs Carter, then Kobe vs T-Mac, then Kobe vs Nash, then Kobe vs Shaq, then Kobe vs Paul, then Kobe vs Artest, now Kobe vs LeBron. Next one will be Kobe vs somebody.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #110 on: May 28, 2009, 01:58:59 PM »
^but the one after that will be LeBron vs. somebody & then LeBron vs. somebody else for the next ten of those. ;)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #111 on: May 28, 2009, 02:24:09 PM »
^but the one after that will be LeBron vs. somebody & then LeBron vs. somebody else for the next ten of those. ;)

but until that day comes, ya'll need to hush up...PeACe

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #112 on: May 28, 2009, 02:48:50 PM »
Orlando gunna close it out tonight

The Best of 3 Worlds

teecee

« Reply #113 on: May 28, 2009, 02:53:15 PM »
When has a guy ever average 42, 7 and 7 on 50% shooting and gotten vilified like Lebron is on here?   

Answer:  Never.

that only shows what a bad team player he is. LOL. the offense revolves around him and when it's clutch time (lebron suck time), the team finds itself in major trouble. when youre scorin that much and your team is still losing, you KNOW you're doin something wrong. hes been forcing the issue, and a true baskeball head would see this right off the bat.

so when Kobe was getting 35 a game in the regular season but his team didn't win shit, what was the deal?  It was all his teammates fault, right?

but with Lebron, name one player who has played at all-star level in the playoffs on the Cavs.  You say Ilgauskas is an all-star, but duide can't defend and can't even hit a jumper right now.  West and Williams are shooting at about 30 percent in the series, so would you pass to them

Fact is, Cleveland is the worst TEAM (as in collection of players) left in the playoffs.  They are too small (which I have said all along), don't have a skilled/athletic post player.  They've had a good run, a great run this year, and could still win the series.  But you better believe this team will add a bigger guard and a better post player.   

Cleveland has a great defensive squad and they were winning games all season long...they have an all-star point guard, premier defenders, and serviceable post presence....and the MVP(?). everyone was calling them the best team when they swept Detroit and Atlanta LMAO. the fact of the matter is, they're a regular season team ala Dallas 2006, Phoenix 2004-2008, etc.  because LeBron is lacking what we like to call a killer instinct. Dunno if that's something he can develop, but that's always been one of the main things keeping him from taking it to the next level...PeACe

I really like this Cleveland team, but their "all-star" PG is shooting 32.4 percent (22.2 from deep) for the series.  I wouldn't pass to him at all.  They have NO PREMIER POST DEFENDERS (Wallace is washed up, Ilgauskas is slow as fuck, Varejao is the best yhey have).  They are too small to guard the Magic.  

As for Lebron's killer instinct, he has shown throughout the last few years he is a big game player, but you of all people know an elite player can't do everything.  Otherwise, how else can you explain Kobe Bryant in some of the biggest games of his career as a leader not even showing up?  

Bottom line:  even superhuman athletes such as Lebron and Kobe can't do everything for their team.    

The Lakers are the longest, most talented team in the league and SHOULD win the title, which I have stated all year.  I still don't get how they lost last year.   Their line-up, top to  bottom, is the best, and they are lead by a truly great player.  I don't see how they don't win the title this year IF they play to their potential.  Of course, that may be a BIG "IF"....

Just as Kobe fans can see no wrong with him when the Lakers lost in the past, LBJ fans are the same way.  Why we can't all see this is beyond comical to me.....

Cavs by 15 tonight (Magic's shooting will be cold for a night)

PLANT

« Reply #114 on: May 28, 2009, 02:54:06 PM »

but until that day comes, ya'll need to hush up...PeACe
the day has already come its here to stay captain nutrider

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #115 on: May 28, 2009, 03:26:18 PM »
I think we can all agree, once LeBron gets taken out this year, it's Kobe who won another year in the LeBron vs. Kobe argument. And if the Lakers win the title this year, look for Kobe to win it next year. If the Lakers win, I see a repeat next year, Kobe will finish his career with 5 rings, and in 3 years LeBron will surpass Kobe, so then we can hear LeBron vs. ______.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #116 on: May 28, 2009, 03:54:02 PM »
^why's that?!? ???

that's what i still don't get, i didn't understand it from the first time the "Kobe vs. LeBron" arguement was raised.

just because the Lakers do better that means Kobe > LeBron?

yeah sure Lakers > Cavs, i don't know many who would disagree that; but what does that have to do with Kobe or LeBron?

lets say the Lakers take there series & the Cavs pull a miracle comeback, would you say Bynum > Dwight because the Lakers went farther?

if anyone is really that deep into denial where they think if the Cavs sat LeBron & the Lakers sat Kobe & the two teams played & you honestly thought the Cavs stood a chance, your nuts.

i would bet over a thousand dollars on the Lakers (w/o Kobe) against the Cavs (w/o LeBron); fact is LeBron does more than Kobe with less help around him.

it has nothing to do with who wins rings & shit; otherwise i guess Robert Horry is one of the best PF's ever lmao. :laugh:

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #117 on: May 28, 2009, 03:56:26 PM »
i didnt hear any of this during rds 1 and 2. Magic are just a more complete team deal with it

The Best of 3 Worlds

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #118 on: May 28, 2009, 04:42:33 PM »
^why's that?!? ???

that's what i still don't get, i didn't understand it from the first time the "Kobe vs. LeBron" arguement was raised.

just because the Lakers do better that means Kobe > LeBron?

yeah sure Lakers > Cavs, i don't know many who would disagree that; but what does that have to do with Kobe or LeBron?

lets say the Lakers take there series & the Cavs pull a miracle comeback, would you say Bynum > Dwight because the Lakers went farther?

if anyone is really that deep into denial where they think if the Cavs sat LeBron & the Lakers sat Kobe & the two teams played & you honestly thought the Cavs stood a chance, your nuts.

i would bet over a thousand dollars on the Lakers (w/o Kobe) against the Cavs (w/o LeBron); fact is LeBron does more than Kobe with less help around him.

it has nothing to do with who wins rings & shit; otherwise i guess Robert Horry is one of the best PF's ever lmao. :laugh:

Simple, to be the man, you have to beat the man, or wait until they retire like everyone did with MJ... lol

This year, the Lakers beat the Cavs twice, so they went 2-0 against them. The only reason LBJ got the MVP this year is because the Lakers haven't been playing good basketball since just before Bynum came back, so the Cavs surged late and the Lakers fell off and the Cavs ended in first place. Like Steve Nash, LBJ was the second best player, but many people that have the MVP vote aren't fans of Kobe, so just like MJ at the end of his career, usually the second best player gets the MVP trophy. The NBA has been pushing a Kobe/LeBron finals, and right now it ain't happening.

Side note, this article is very true about both. It's neither pro Kobe or pro LeBron, or anti either, but it mentions how we put an unrealistic standard on both just because we are looking for our next MJ.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2009/columns/story?columnist=broussard_chris&page=MJShadow-090528

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #119 on: May 28, 2009, 05:09:42 PM »
^i feel with what your saying, but i still have to stand by my thoughts on your team shouldn't decide how good you are.

i'd label Iverson as one of the best, for those who don't agree you can say Karl Malone.

no rings, but still both are concidered two of the best.

btw, that's a dope article. ;) 8)