Author Topic: Anyone else tired of Lebron mania?  (Read 5631 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Anyone else tired of Lebron mania?
« Reply #120 on: May 29, 2009, 01:41:43 PM »
When has a guy ever average 42, 7 and 7 on 50% shooting and gotten vilified like Lebron is on here?   

Answer:  Never.

that only shows what a bad team player he is. LOL. the offense revolves around him and when it's clutch time (lebron suck time), the team finds itself in major trouble. when youre scorin that much and your team is still losing, you KNOW you're doin something wrong. hes been forcing the issue, and a true baskeball head would see this right off the bat.

so when Kobe was getting 35 a game in the regular season but his team didn't win shit, what was the deal?  It was all his teammates fault, right?

but with Lebron, name one player who has played at all-star level in the playoffs on the Cavs.  You say Ilgauskas is an all-star, but duide can't defend and can't even hit a jumper right now.  West and Williams are shooting at about 30 percent in the series, so would you pass to them

Fact is, Cleveland is the worst TEAM (as in collection of players) left in the playoffs.  They are too small (which I have said all along), don't have a skilled/athletic post player.  They've had a good run, a great run this year, and could still win the series.  But you better believe this team will add a bigger guard and a better post player.   

Cleveland has a great defensive squad and they were winning games all season long...they have an all-star point guard, premier defenders, and serviceable post presence....and the MVP(?). everyone was calling them the best team when they swept Detroit and Atlanta LMAO. the fact of the matter is, they're a regular season team ala Dallas 2006, Phoenix 2004-2008, etc.  because LeBron is lacking what we like to call a killer instinct. Dunno if that's something he can develop, but that's always been one of the main things keeping him from taking it to the next level...PeACe

I really like this Cleveland team, but their "all-star" PG is shooting 32.4 percent (22.2 from deep) for the series.  I wouldn't pass to him at all.  They have NO PREMIER POST DEFENDERS (Wallace is washed up, Ilgauskas is slow as fuck, Varejao is the best yhey have).  They are too small to guard the Magic.  

As for Lebron's killer instinct, he has shown throughout the last few years he is a big game player, but you of all people know an elite player can't do everything.  Otherwise, how else can you explain Kobe Bryant in some of the biggest games of his career as a leader not even showing up?  

Bottom line:  even superhuman athletes such as Lebron and Kobe can't do everything for their team.    

The Lakers are the longest, most talented team in the league and SHOULD win the title, which I have stated all year.  I still don't get how they lost last year.   Their line-up, top to  bottom, is the best, and they are lead by a truly great player.  I don't see how they don't win the title this year IF they play to their potential.  Of course, that may be a BIG "IF"....

Just as Kobe fans can see no wrong with him when the Lakers lost in the past, LBJ fans are the same way.  Why we can't all see this is beyond comical to me.....

Cavs by 15 tonight (Magic's shooting will be cold for a night)

i just dont see how some people cant tell the difference between Kobe and LeBron...LOL.

why cant you impatient fucks just wait til LeBron accomplishes something meaningful before putting him on a pedestal?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #121 on: May 29, 2009, 02:12:50 PM »
^why's that?!? ???

that's what i still don't get, i didn't understand it from the first time the "Kobe vs. LeBron" arguement was raised.

just because the Lakers do better that means Kobe > LeBron?

yeah sure Lakers > Cavs, i don't know many who would disagree that; but what does that have to do with Kobe or LeBron?

lets say the Lakers take there series & the Cavs pull a miracle comeback, would you say Bynum > Dwight because the Lakers went farther?

if anyone is really that deep into denial where they think if the Cavs sat LeBron & the Lakers sat Kobe & the two teams played & you honestly thought the Cavs stood a chance, your nuts.

i would bet over a thousand dollars on the Lakers (w/o Kobe) against the Cavs (w/o LeBron); fact is LeBron does more than Kobe with less help around him.

it has nothing to do with who wins rings & shit; otherwise i guess Robert Horry is one of the best PF's ever lmao. :laugh:

leading your team to a championship is the ultimate accomplishment...if LeBron cant do it, then he's no Kobe. end of story. it's not like there's a huge disparity between Lakers and Cleveland as a whole. Lakers are a better team mainly because of Kobe. Cleveland minus LeBron have the better team defense and Lakers minus Kobe have the better team offense. it pretty much evens out...if LeBron cant win with this group when it counts most (a group thats been tearin shit up all season long) and Kobe can, why would it be so weird to you that the comparisons must stop? dont forget what the ultimate goal in this league is and dont forget what pushes a player over the top........that shiny stuff. 8)

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #122 on: May 29, 2009, 02:34:33 PM »
When has a guy ever average 42, 7 and 7 on 50% shooting and gotten vilified like Lebron is on here?   

Answer:  Never.

its the inseurity of the Kobe lovers...
they are obviously insecure about it since Kobe has never had those numbers in reg season or playoffs before.  The only thing Kobe and LeBron have in common is they both been down in a playoff series like this before.  Altho Kobe had Shaq and big shot Bob among others when he was 24....

Imagine what this Cavs team would be like, if you added Shaq in his prime to the team lol

A bunch of losers since neither of them would make a free-throw. Kobe was the closers, even his biggest haters know that.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #123 on: May 29, 2009, 02:51:46 PM »
^why's that?!? ???

that's what i still don't get, i didn't understand it from the first time the "Kobe vs. LeBron" arguement was raised.

yeah sure Lakers > Cavs, i don't know many who would disagree that; but what does that have to do with Kobe or LeBron?

lets say the Lakers take there series & the Cavs pull a miracle comeback, would you say Bynum > Dwight because the Lakers went farther?

if anyone is really that deep into denial where they think if the Cavs sat LeBron & the Lakers sat Kobe & the two teams played & you honestly thought the Cavs stood a chance, your nuts.

i would bet over a thousand dollars on the Lakers (w/o Kobe) against the Cavs (w/o LeBron); fact is LeBron does more than Kobe with less help around him.

it has nothing to do with who wins rings & shit; otherwise i guess Robert Horry is one of the best PF's ever lmao. :laugh:

Simple, to be the man, you have to beat the man, or wait until they retire like everyone did with MJ... lol

yeah....but who is the man? lol There hasnt been a clear cut "man" since Jordan. That phrase only works if youre talking about Championship TEAMS now, and the Celtics are already out of it.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

« Reply #124 on: May 29, 2009, 02:54:08 PM »
^why's that?!? ???

leading your team to a championship is the ultimate accomplishment...if LeBron cant do it, then he's no Kobe. end of story.

When has Kobe done it?  Thats like saying Pippen lead the Bulls to 6 titles lol
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

PLANT

« Reply #125 on: May 29, 2009, 02:56:03 PM »
^why's that?!? ???

leading your team to a championship is the ultimate accomplishment...if LeBron cant do it, then he's no Kobe. end of story.
well since SHAQ lead the Lakers to those titles....am I missing something?  Has Kobe lead anyone to a title yet on his own?  What LeBron is doing is far more impressive than anything Kobe has done in the post Shaq era.

« Reply #126 on: May 29, 2009, 03:00:45 PM »
^why's that?!? ???

well since SHAQ lead the Lakers to those titles....am I missing something?  Has Kobe lead anyone to a title yet on his own?  What LeBron is doing is far more impressive than anything Kobe has done in the post Shaq era.

not to mention, youre typically hearing over and over how Kobe has the better supporting cast.  LeBron just knows how to get his teammates into the game better then Kobe does. They play better defense....why? Cus theyre involved in the offense lol

PLANT

« Reply #127 on: May 29, 2009, 03:03:31 PM »
^why's that?!? ???

not to mention, youre typically hearing over and over how Kobe has the better supporting cast.  LeBron just knows how to get his teammates into the game better then Kobe does. They play better defense....why? Cus theyre involved in the offense lol
exactly

« Reply #128 on: May 29, 2009, 03:12:16 PM »
^why's that?!? ???

exactly

the thing is, you know how Kobe gets others involved? He just shoots less lol.  His assists still arent impressive...he just shoots less lol  LeBron is that guy who can score 40...but still put up 10+ assists.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #129 on: May 29, 2009, 08:02:04 PM »
Lakers team now >>>> 3peat Lakers w/o Shaq.

if he can't do it now, then your argument is pointless.

to say Kobe lead them when Shaq average more points is nuts.

Thats like saying Pippen lead the Bulls to 6 titles lol

thisoneguy360

« Reply #130 on: May 29, 2009, 08:07:05 PM »

In terms of talent they are but the talent level all over the league has gone up so its hard to compare the teams imo

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #131 on: May 29, 2009, 08:16:39 PM »

In terms of talent they are but the talent level all over the league has gone up so its hard to compare the teams imo

well the 3peat team without Shaq would win like 45 games no matter who else is in the league lol.

wcsoldier

« Reply #132 on: May 30, 2009, 12:06:57 AM »
Here we go again ... Lebron has been the best player in these playoffs (though Kobe has been great too) , the numbers he's putting against Orlando are just INSANE ... I have no pb saying Lebron >>> Kobe because all I care about is my team the LA Lakers , not defending Kobe legacy or whatever ...I think everybody , Lakers ( more likely " Kobe " fans ? ) fans and others B-Ball fans need just to stop bringing this , there are a lot of more to discuss than Kobe and Lebron in these playoffs and in B-Ball in general  ... and as great as they have played so far , they both need the rest of their team to step it up to win ..

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #133 on: May 30, 2009, 12:14:03 AM »
a big part of lebrons numbers...against orlando, is van gundy's strategy to have the OTHER guys beat them. it's the same strategy D'antoni used against kobe, and the same strategy the pistons used against shaq and kobe.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #134 on: May 30, 2009, 12:16:06 AM »
and that's not to say that the OTHER guys on the team are horrible. i just look on the court sometimes and i don't see anything happening, i see lebron at the top of the key and four other cavs posted up stationary either at the three or somewhere away from the play watching lebron.  it's the 2006-2007 lakers all over again

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09