Poll

how much longer do you think that Aftermath will last?

19 (35.2%)
8 (14.8%)
8 (14.8%)
other option:
19 (35.2%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Author Topic: Poll: how much longer do you think that Aftermath will last?  (Read 1440 times)

Triple OG Rapsodie

Re: Poll: how much longer do you think that Aftermath will last?
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2009, 07:24:47 AM »
Edit:Bishop Lamont wasn't dropped.They already confirmed it via a video blog.

Is this a new video by someone actually from Aftermath? The last video I saw was by Bishop, but people on here think he's lying for some reason.

GimmeYourShoes

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2009, 08:40:31 AM »
The end of Aftermath is near. Dre's probably serving them Kool-Aid laced with cyanide really soon.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/S_oMD6-6q5Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/S_oMD6-6q5Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6</a>

Brown Guy

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • I type with my dick so forgive me for the typos
« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2009, 11:10:52 AM »
Why would Dre retire? Dre is a producer first and an rapper second. Dre's been producing for years and hasn't put much out hes got beats for days. Thats his passion. I don't see Dre retiring from producing he will do it till he cant anymore.

Blasphemy

« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2009, 11:26:03 AM »
Dr. Dre created some bomb ass shit while he was on house arrest in the 1990s, I wouldn't doubt him putting in a studio in his home, if aftermath was going to end.Also why do people want Dr. Dre, Eminem, Bishop Lamont and Aftermath (and its subsidiaries) to fail??? Do they like the bullshit rap being produce by nearly every fucking artist today??? I'm not saying the previous mention artist are only ones who do good rap (Slim sold out with that Crack a bottle as a single, which everyone does now), but why do people want Aftermath to end???.

I mean Aftermath has made 2001, The Slim Shady LP, and The Marshall Mathers LP, and is continually trying to produce great artist, so what if they don't have many acts.Who gives a fuck I'd rather have a few quality artist then loads of bullshit ones that all sound the same. In the end west coast only has The Game, Bishop, and all the originals. We barely have anyone new.The south is pumping out artist left and right, and its all generic shit, no one tries to break the mold.

or the nigga can drop detox, be a huge disappointment while Eminem raps about pills, homos, his mom and shock lyrics and be acclaimed. lol guess will see  8) 8) 8)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2009, 12:12:10 PM »
Dr. Dre created some bomb ass shit while he was on house arrest in the 1990s, I wouldn't doubt him putting in a studio in his home, if aftermath was going to end.Also why do people want Dr. Dre, Eminem, Bishop Lamont and Aftermath (and its subsidiaries) to fail??? Do they like the bullshit rap being produce by nearly every fucking artist today??? I'm not saying the previous mention artist are only ones who do good rap (Slim sold out with that Crack a bottle as a single, which everyone does now), but why do people want Aftermath to end???.

I mean Aftermath has made 2001, The Slim Shady LP, and The Marshall Mathers LP, and is continually trying to produce great artist, so what if they don't have many acts.Who gives a fuck I'd rather have a few quality artist then loads of bullshit ones that all sound the same. In the end west coast only has The Game, Bishop, and all the originals. We barely have anyone new.The south is pumping out artist left and right, and its all generic shit, no one tries to break the mold.

or the nigga can drop detox, be a huge disappointment while Eminem raps about pills, homos, his mom and shock lyrics and be acclaimed. lol guess will see  8) 8) 8)

you completely misunderstood this topic: this isn't about wishes, but about predictions of the future of aftermath.

also, you're confusing commercial success with talent.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2009, 01:56:53 PM »
Dre's a producer for life. He'll never be too old to produce so there's no reason for him to call it quits. He's said this in interviews.

Native American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 2o11
« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2009, 02:15:58 PM »
dubcnn aka bash Dr. Dre

I know why Suge HATES him, I kno why Pac dissed him, I Kno why Cube, and Eazy Dissed him, cause they knew him, shook hands, ate dinner, lunch, laughed joked, spent money borrowed money gave money, traded favors.................but you HATE him because of his music ?....wow your somedbody, I WANNA BE LIKE YOU !!!
EVERY LAST ONE OF ''Y-O-U'' BELIEVE THAT DR. DRE HAS MADE THESE SONG's FOR ''Y-O-U''.
THE REALITY IS THAT THE SONG's ARE ''ABOUT Y-O-U'' !!!!!!

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2009, 02:27:08 PM »
dubcnn aka bash Dr. Dre

I know why Suge HATES him, I kno why Pac dissed him, I Kno why Cube, and Eazy Dissed him, cause they knew him, shook hands, ate dinner, lunch, laughed joked, spent money borrowed money gave money, traded favors.................but you HATE him because of his music ?....wow your somedbody, I WANNA BE LIKE YOU !!!
who are you talking to?

Blasphemy

« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2009, 05:11:59 PM »

you completely misunderstood this topic: this isn't about wishes, but about predictions of the future of aftermath.

No, I never talked about Talent, why the fuck would a company such as interscope give a damn about talent.They are in it for the money, because of the past success with Em, Dre, and to a lesser degree 50 cent, they have no reason to close Aftermath. Especially since people fans always hold Dr. Dre's production to high standards(some people actually just buy the album for the beat and not the artist).

Aftermath cares about Talent because Dr. Dre is running it.

Interscope gives a shit about profit. Since a few of Dr. Dre's products have been released from artist he chooses and already matched a huge amount of Critical success. Especially Money Wise.. I highly doubt they would drop him (or the math) since he's managed to build a huge portfolio of success, but again if Dr. Dre loses it then its possible they will sell off aftermath to make up some back profit. That's a course IF dre loses his flavor.

Big B

« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2009, 05:44:55 PM »
Interscope gives a shit about profit.
i guarantee that that is false

JohnnyL

« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2009, 06:04:59 PM »
 I'm not trying to take anything away from the artists on the label when I say this, but I don't know that I believe that Aftermath Records has ever been the force that some have professed it to be.  That being said, I think Aftermath could probably continue to putt along at the rate it's been going for the last ten years, almost indefinitely.  They don't really put out too many albums every year, but most of their albums have been commercially successful.  It seems that Eminem's new album is enjoying some commercial success.    I think if 50 Cent's next album is a hit, that will help too.  But I also don't think that if it fails commercially, that it would be enough to make the company fold.  To me, the only way Aftermast has to close, is if Dre chooses it to.

Fatdodger

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WHUT UP FRED
« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2009, 06:24:38 PM »
I hope dre dismantels that weakass label and gets back to his western roots. Snoop Quik Kurupt Game Etc.

REAL WESTCOAST G

I REP THAT WEST

Big B

« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2009, 07:44:51 PM »
I hope dre dismantels that weakass label and gets back to his western roots. Snoop Quik Kurupt Game Etc.
never gonna happen

Blasphemy

« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2009, 11:54:56 PM »

If the nigga didn't represent during the East vs West. I highly doubt he will go all West Coast.Besides you know if he did, tupac fans will go crazy and say "Oh the nigga represents now that pac's gone" or "Bitch Nigga, still can't get with pac" He be a huge Hypocrite, consider he put together a group whos only song was denouncing the feud, and said in Multiple interviews that he didn't believe in choosing sides, the fact he Sold Tupac's OG beat for Toss it up to another group and he Left snoop and Death Row nearly in a instant.

He be fucking crazy to represent now.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #44 on: May 28, 2009, 12:55:19 AM »

No, I never talked about Talent, why the fuck would a company such as interscope give a damn about talent.They are in it for the money, because of the past success with Em, Dre, and to a lesser degree 50 cent, they have no reason to close Aftermath. Especially since people fans always hold Dr. Dre's production to high standards(some people actually just buy the album for the beat and not the artist).

Aftermath cares about Talent because Dr. Dre is running it.

Interscope gives a shit about profit. Since a few of Dr. Dre's products have been released from artist he chooses and already matched a huge amount of Critical success. Especially Money Wise.. I highly doubt they would drop him (or the math) since he's managed to build a huge portfolio of success, but again if Dr. Dre loses it then its possible they will sell off aftermath to make up some back profit. That's a course IF dre loses his flavor.
so you're saying that all the artists that were signed to the label at one point, are talented?

i beg to differ