Poll

how much longer do you think that Aftermath will last?

19 (35.2%)
8 (14.8%)
8 (14.8%)
other option:
19 (35.2%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Author Topic: Poll: how much longer do you think that Aftermath will last?  (Read 1439 times)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
ok so Relapse' success is buying Aftermath some extra time, but i still think that interscope will sell Aftermath in the near future.
a minimal amount of aftermath projects have seen the light of the day, in the last few years.
not to mention that the roster has shrunk a lot.

also, interscope is not happy with 50 cent's singles, hence the album got pushed back several times.
all Aftermath has left is Eminem: there is no new star.
interscope wants Detox ASAP, but Dre is really taking his time so i wonder whether the company will take legal action against Dre.
i don't really know what kind of deal was made for Detox though.

so how long do you think that Aftermath will last? i've voted for 2011.
Eminem, Dre & 50 cent have placed their bets on the option that they've chosen, as you can see in this picture:

KrazySumwhat

Re: Poll: how much longer do you think that Aftermath will last?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2009, 02:49:39 AM »
 Its hard to say. Relapse is fucking dope and iam sure has made everyone hungry for anything Dre, relapse 2 comin right? Bishop? hmm, d-12??? cashis? and detox iam sure will keep people happy for a long time. Then dre said he just gonna produce and look for the next talent, right?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 03:09:17 AM by KrazySumwhat »

Jaydc555

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2009, 03:07:32 AM »
Honestly,I expect detox to drop summer 2010 and then dre will probably retire and close up shop at aftermath at that point.

Makaveli's Food & Liquor

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2009, 03:17:50 AM »
Voted 2011 - 50 will drop BISD this Winter then Em with Relapse 2 early next year followed by DETOX at the end of 2010, unfortunately Bishop will never drop, Aftermath will be gone by 2011 and if it isnt, DETOX will be the only reason...

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2009, 04:44:14 AM »
The Math will either collapse or go through a complete reformation.   lols!
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

stillinrehab

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2009, 04:57:48 AM »
I prefer to be a bit optimistic and once that monkey (Detox) is off Dres shoulder hopefully he can regroup OTHERWISE we have Em + a whole cache of valuable artists floating and it wont be independant floating so if Interscope wanted Aftermath gone im sure alot of other labels could be interested on having Aftermath associated with them instead... too hard to say though but I try not to share the bleak outlook!

Big B

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2009, 05:32:16 AM »
2011. and good riddance too.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2009, 10:31:22 AM »
Its hard to say. Relapse is fucking dope and iam sure has made everyone hungry for anything Dre, relapse 2 comin right? Bishop? hmm, d-12??? cashis? and detox iam sure will keep people happy for a long time. Then dre said he just gonna produce and look for the next talent, right?
interscope only seems to care about Eminem & Detox :P
anyway, i wouldn't mind if Dre fully concentrates on producing again :)

Honestly,I expect detox to drop summer 2010 and then dre will probably retire and close up shop at aftermath at that point.

Voted 2011 - 50 will drop BISD this Winter then Em with Relapse 2 early next year followed by DETOX at the end of 2010, unfortunately Bishop will never drop, Aftermath will be gone by 2011 and if it isnt, DETOX will be the only reason...
so you guys think that Detox will drop in 2010?  :o
in a perfect world, it could be possible, but realistically speaking, how could that be possible?
i mean Dre's perfectionism is extreme. so why would it drop in 2010 and not 2011, 2012 or later?
it makes no sense to me.
Dre put Detox on hold for Relapse; shortly after, Relapse II was born.
Bishop's involvement in Detox has changed, as he has no clue of what's going on.
so where's the "new" potential star, that will carry Detox? i don't see him/her.

i think Dre has worked on Detox approx. 2 years in total(speculation based on the 2007 LA times interview & a recent Eminem interview) and how much did he scrap?
he's really taking his time with this project & doesn't mind working on projects in between.

I prefer to be a bit optimistic and once that monkey (Detox) is off Dres shoulder hopefully he can regroup OTHERWISE we have Em + a whole cache of valuable artists floating and it wont be independant floating so if Interscope wanted Aftermath gone im sure alot of other labels could be interested on having Aftermath associated with them instead... too hard to say though but I try not to share the bleak outlook!
i understand, but you can't deny that the future of Aftermath isn't looking bright.
a Detox release could buy the label some extra time though.

well interscope could sell it's aftermath stocks & only keep Eminem + Dr.Dre signed to interscope.
other labels could buy stocks of aftermath, but who knows whether anyone is interested; that's hard to figure out right now

MediumL

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2009, 10:42:11 AM »
depends. I wouldn't be surprised if once 50 leaves and Em retires (thats if he does) after Relapse Dre drops Detox and then works on whole albums with artists. So I could see it going a while, after all Jimmy can't knock Dres success rate.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2009, 10:59:00 AM »
Gimme "Detox" & Bishop's Debut & I'll let The math go out in peace.
Don't see Em wanting/needing to continue after the Relapse records.....
50 want's to expand and do his Jay-Z thing (be his own Boss)

After "Detox" Dre should prob stick to his root's & make artists.
And if it does close shop before Bishop drop's...

someone leak that shit!

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2009, 11:27:50 AM »
Gimme "Detox" & Bishop's Debut & I'll let The math go out in peace.
Don't see Em wanting/needing to continue after the Relapse records.....
50 want's to expand and do his Jay-Z thing (be his own Boss)

After "Detox" Dre should prob stick to his root's & make artists.
And if it does close shop before Bishop drop's...

someone leak that shit!

i hope that Bishop is allowed to leave with some of the material, like King T & Hittman

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2009, 12:13:05 PM »
Detox
The Reformation

All I care about on Aftermath.

Dre needs new talent.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2009, 12:25:55 PM »
so where's the "new" potential star, that will carry Detox? i don't see him/her.

Apparently Bishop has been replaced by Slim the mobster? lol. This guy has an even less chance of blowing up then Bish.

well interscope could sell it's aftermath stocks & only keep Eminem + Dr.Dre signed to interscope.
other labels could buy stocks of aftermath, but who knows whether anyone is interested; that's hard to figure out right now

It's not the Aftermath name that's the problem, its Dre (or Jimmy or whoever is making the decisions) for not putting out projects and not taking chances on new rappers.

Aftermath will continue to exist as long as Eminem and 50 keep making records. They are the two most popular and best-selling artists in hip hop right now. Even if they only put out an album every two years, they will still make more money for Interscope than any other hip hop labels. (another label might have 5 rappers drop in a year, but if they all go gold that's still less sales than one Em release).

What Dre should be doing right now is delegating production on 50 and Em projects to his sub producers, and spend all his focus on finding the next Em or 50 so that by the time they retire or want out of their contract he won't need them anymore.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2009, 01:14:10 PM »

Apparently Bishop has been replaced by Slim the mobster? lol. This guy has an even less chance of blowing up then Bish.
maybe Slim the mobster is one of the reasons Detox got put on hold, lol.

It's not the Aftermath name that's the problem, its Dre (or Jimmy or whoever is making the decisions) for not putting out projects and not taking chances on new rappers.

Aftermath will continue to exist as long as Eminem and 50 keep making records. They are the two most popular and best-selling artists in hip hop right now. Even if they only put out an album every two years, they will still make more money for Interscope than any other hip hop labels. (another label might have 5 rappers drop in a year, but if they all go gold that's still less sales than one Em release).

What Dre should be doing right now is delegating production on 50 and Em projects to his sub producers, and spend all his focus on finding the next Em or 50 so that by the time they retire or want out of their contract he won't need them anymore.
true, 50 could still sell quite well for today's standards, but interscope wants more  :laugh:

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2009, 05:05:41 PM »
this will be the last round of albums from aftermath...

relapse
BISD
detox (maybe)

after that maybe a few best ofs or some shit but i think aftermath will either get sold or just get absorbed by interscope.

jimmy iovene ruined hip hop