Author Topic: ALONZO MOURNING belittles Phil Jackson  (Read 794 times)

OG Hack Wilson

ALONZO MOURNING belittles Phil Jackson
« on: June 11, 2009, 04:15:11 PM »
just heard his quote on Sportscenter

basically saying that Kobe is doing all the work and

"phil's just showing up"

LOL what a diss.  Zo comes outta nowhere with that
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

Re: ALONZO MOURNING belittles Phil Jackson
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 04:43:31 PM »
I can see that. Phil has always been a joke to me. Not a bad coach by any means, but definetely not as great as his resume looks.  Lets just say....he's been "blessed" during his career lol.  MJ/ Pippen...Shaq/ Kobe.  This is the first team where he hasnt had two BIG time stars running the team.  This team definetely lacks leadership at times (you can tell by their inconsistent play), but theyre skating by on Kobe's talent.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

OchoCinco

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2009, 04:47:33 PM »
not true, Phil set up a surprise team trip to the movie Pelham 123 yesterday haha.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2009, 04:50:38 PM »
I can see that. Phil has always been a joke to me. Not a bad coach by any means, but definetely not as great as his resume looks.  Lets just say....he's been "blessed" during his career lol.  MJ/ Pippen...Shaq/ Kobe.  This is the first team where he hasnt had two BIG time stars running the team.  This team definetely lacks leadership at times (you can tell by their inconsistent play), but theyre skating by on Kobe's talent.

i LOEV LOVE LOVE when people try to argue "but Del Curry and Doug Collins couldn't win with the same teams Phil had"

what i said to them:  Yes, Doug Collins couldn't win with Scottie Pippen for his first 2 NBA years and without many of the key peices of the Bulls dynasty...

and Del Curry couldn't win a title with Shaq and Kobe....ONLY WHEN KOBE WASN'T LEGALLY ABLE TO DRINK"

still Jackson is one of the top 5 coaches in NBA history for sure.

my top 5 (in no real order) are Big Red, Riley, Jackson, KC Jones and Larry Brown

and maybe you can put Gregg Popavich in the top 5 too, nigga has earned his stripes
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2009, 04:54:44 PM »

Agreed. Regardless of how he got them, he does have a shitload of rings lol.  He's gotta be close to the top no matter what.  But I just think he's overrated.  If he coached the Clippers for the next 5 seasons....after 5 seasons, they would still fuckin suck.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2009, 04:56:25 PM »

Agreed. Regardless of how he got them, he does have a shitload of rings lol.  He's gotta be close to the top no matter what.  But I just think he's overrated.  If he coached the Clippers for the next 5 seasons....after 5 seasons, they would still fuckin suck.

if Phil Jackson did not have the top player in the sport during his title years (MJ in the 90s, Shaq during the title years and Kobe now), and had a team with 2nd team NBA players as his star, would he be as successful?

granted Jackson is not coaching Lebron :D

and NIK don't gimmie the "CBA" title nonsense, that league doesn't count lol

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2009, 04:59:10 PM »

if Phil Jackson did not have the top player in the sport during his title years (MJ in the 90s, Shaq during the title years and Kobe now), and had a team with 2nd team NBA players as his star, would he be as successful?

granted Jackson is not coaching Lebron :D

and NIK don't gimmie the "CBA" title nonsense, that league doesn't count lol

Put it like this, different coaches are good for different situations. Phil excels when he doesnt have to do shit lol.  I dont see my team being any more successful the last 10 yrs, if Phil was the coach rather then Popovich.  Popovich's coaching style is a perfect fit for the players on that team.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2009, 05:07:06 PM »
Pops is the best coach in the NBA since MJ retired, thats 4 sho

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2009, 05:16:07 PM »
i disagree is presence was instantly felt every time he came back to coach. when he first took the the bulls to the finals, then when he took kobe and shaq to the finals, then when he brought back the lakers. so i don't buy that whole, "just showing up"

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Bay Area Representative
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2009, 10:20:17 PM »
He know his role and how to manage players. No coach is perfect, but Jackson is usually consistent with his players and they rarely look like they don't know what they are doing. I like the fact that he isn't up on every possession, yelling and whistling like he is a high school or college coach.
I got a bird's eye view

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2009, 10:32:27 PM »
Actually, it was Del Harris, not Del Curry.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2009, 10:34:03 PM »
Actually, it was Del Harris, not Del Curry.

hahahahaha m y bad

thats why you dont need to smoke weed.....leave more for me

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2009, 10:34:17 PM »
Fisher said during the tv interview after the game Phil is the best in the business cause he doesn't even need to say a word to him. We know his style. Phil wants the players to win. And he's got 10 rings to prove ourself his theory worked pretty well.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2009, 10:39:46 PM »
Fisher said during the tv interview after the game Phil is the best in the business cause he doesn't even need to say a word to him. We know his style. Phil wants the players to win. And he's got 10 rings to prove ourself his theory worked pretty well.

9 rings so far ;)

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2009, 10:43:41 PM »
Hahaha.. ok. ;)