Author Topic: Floyd Mayweather says MMA is for animals & whites who couldn't cut it in boxing  (Read 767 times)

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
He's thrown minor shots at the sport of mixed martial arts before, but he later took those statements back and apologized.

This time around, he's going a lot further, saying mixed martial arts is for "beer drinkers" and that they fight like animals (the criticism we've all heard before). But to top it all off, he's now throwing in the race card.

"In boxing, we know who's dominating. Black fighters and Hispanic fighers is dominating in this sport. And this is not a racial statement but there's no white fighters in boxing that's dominating, so they had to go to something else and start something new."

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/cagewriter/post/Mayweather-Whites-needed-a-fight-sport-so-they;_ylt=AsLqDFe1W_TSZIcdcuSeIn89Eo14?urn=mma,177541

thisoneguy360

LOL, this guy could make the most egotistical person look quiet & soft spoken

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
^ Haha forreal

I'm a huge fan of both sports and I've even defended Floyd in the past but I gotta say... it's pretty cleary that Mayweather is bitter here, and it goes without saying that he's well-aware that the sport in which he dominates is dying out big time.

Probably the only thing he said that's true is that he makes a bigger revenue per fight than the top MMA guys, but that doesn't even have anything to do with his argument.

Job starring as King Of Zamunda

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • King Of Zamunda

"In boxing, we know who's dominating. Black fighters and Hispanic fighers is dominating in this sport. And this is not a racial statement but there's no white fighters in boxing that's dominating, so they had to go to something else and start something new."

eye read that and nothing but the truth registers. its a true statement
HOW TO ROB DUBCC PART 1--> http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=227551.0
"I killed a man who looked like me, whose mother and father looked like my mother and father...and nothing happened," Lawrence Fishburne in Deep Cover

"I would share the definition of balling
with you white folks but no...
the game is to be sold not told
so fuck you." - Pac

PLANT

LMAO what a joke.....MMA is far more skilled and technical sport than boxing is....I'd love to see pretty boy step in the octogon with GSP or Penn, and get his ass handed to him!

elmizzy

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Wasn't he considering doing MMA shortly before he "retired" ?

Kool Beenz

floyds the man

Jaydc555

I find mma too boring.For every 5 seconds of excitment its 30 minutes of dudes awkwardly spooning

westsiderider323

eye read that and nothing but the truth registers. its a true statement

haha that is tru

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Jake Lamotta >>> Money. 8)

PLANT

I find mma too boring.For every 5 seconds of excitment its 30 minutes of dudes awkwardly spooning
and for every 5 seconds of exciting in the boxing ring, more "dancing" and "Hugging" each other

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Klitschko would destroy any black and hispanic boxer right now... if a white guy would make a statement like this he probably would be banned from the sport all career long.

Is he and some morons in this thread really so uninformed that he doesn't know about Klitschko dominating the heavy weight class?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 01:54:23 AM by 7even »
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
LMAO what a joke.....MMA is far more skilled and technical sport than boxing is....I'd love to see pretty boy step in the octogon with GSP or Penn, and get his ass handed to him!

No shit, it's mixed martial arts.........but

For every 5 seconds of excitment its 30 minutes of dudes awkwardly spooning

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
I bet Michael Phelps could out swim Tiger Woods aswell...  ::)
Different sport's.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
I bet Michael Phelps could out swim Tiger Woods aswell...  ::)
Different sport's.

Not really, because Phelps has no chance against Woods in Golf and Woods has no chance against Phelps in swimming. You can put Brock Lesnar vs Wladimir Klitschko in either the UFC or the IBF, WBO, or IBO and both fighters in each case regardless of the rules will stand a puncher's chance. Wladimir has shown a weak chin in the past and a lucky shot from Brock could drop him, and just as easily in the UFC Wladimir can hit a strong combo with his reach and drop Brock. In both cases however the clear cut favorite would be the one fighting in their element.

If Boxing was smart right now they'd find a who can box but is also well versed in wrestling and submissions (plenty of them exist) and then put him in a UFC ring as WBC Champion or whatever. If a Boxing promoter can produce a guy like this, and especially a guy that can win by outboxing the guy and KOing the UFC fighter it would instantly cast doubt in the minds of the common fans and have them start accepting boxing as the best fighter sport out there.