Author Topic: 2pac Produced By Dr Dre?  (Read 1550 times)

J Nook

• Lil Geezy
2pac Produced By Dr Dre?
« on: July 24, 2009, 09:44:05 PM »
Haha,i know this is very similar to my pac and snoop tracks thread but all these recent leaks have left me eager and wondering wat other great songs are just collecting dust in the vaults. So..i Know of calafornia love,calafornia love remix and cant c me.are these the only tracks pac and dre did together?Once again i seen a few lists of unleaked pac songs,and im not sure if they are legit or not..but it said the beat at the end of calafornia love was a track called nightmares that pac and dre did,then there was another 2pac track titled "champagne",which was supposedly produced by dre..and then ofcourse teh OG version of blunt time,which apparently featured rage and dre..does anyone know if these tracks are real?..has dre ever mentioned how many tracks he did with pac?

J Nook

• Lil Geezy
Re: 2pac Produced By Dr Dre?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2009, 10:24:58 PM »
Cmon now,this is dubcnn!..someones got 2 have some info or insight on this

mak-rev

• Lil Geezy
  • Mak-rev
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2009, 11:56:19 PM »
ask this question on my site.

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2009, 12:14:43 AM »
Haha,i know this is very similar to my pac and snoop tracks thread but all these recent leaks have left me eager and wondering wat other great songs are just collecting dust in the vaults. So..i Know of calafornia love,calafornia love remix and cant c me.are these the only tracks pac and dre did together?Once again i seen a few lists of unleaked pac songs,and im not sure if they are legit or not..but it said the beat at the end of calafornia love was a track called nightmares that pac and dre did,then there was another 2pac track titled "champagne",which was supposedly produced by dre..and then ofcourse teh OG version of blunt time,which apparently featured rage and dre..does anyone know if these tracks are real?..has dre ever mentioned how many tracks he did with pac?

Blunt Tyme is real, I can't confirm the rest. Los Skanless is full of shit, so don't believe what you hear from DeathRowForum.

rollindown101

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2009, 01:26:40 AM »
There's a lot of madeup tracks floating around different boards and people assuming certain tracks were made cause they were on one of Pac's tentative idea lists for an album.

Here's the deal.. Dre wasn't happy around the time Pac showed up at Death Row. Dre did not want Pac on Cali Love. Pac wanted that track bad, a compromise was made for a remix version to be on Pac's album so Dre could release the original on his album. Dre wanted that song on one of his album's so bad he even wanted to use it after he left Death Row.

Sam Sneed and Sean "Barney" Thomas were Dre's production people at the time, with Carl 'Butch' Small, Soopafly, and Stu Bullard doing keyboards and percussion.

Dre works very slow, Pac works very fast. Dre was amazed by how fast Pac worked. Pac needed an album out quick and got frustrated when things got slow in the studio.

Dre wanted to release the Chronic 2 and the Helter Skelter project. Dre did not have much as far as beats in the Death Row vault and yes Suge and his goons made a visit to Dre's Crib before the final sign off to retrieve the masters.

Can't C Me - Dogg Food leftover from the Dogg Pound, since Dre wasn't gonna use it and Pac liked it that was an easy one for Dre to give away. (is rumored to be a Helter Skelter song - though no evidence supports that)

So there you go, you can draw some conclusions from that. I highly doubt there are any other Dre & Pac collaborations. Blunt Tyme is a real song, but a real song with Pac on it? I doubt it.

Champagne is fake. Afterlyfe is fake. Any tracklisting you find on the net that lists songs you never heard is likely fake, there's about three I think of from the last 10+ years.

Leave the mastering to the experts and people who originally did it..

http://www.berniegrundmanmastering.com/engineers/grundman.html

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2009, 01:31:19 AM »

Sam Sneed and Sean "Barney" Thomas were Dre's production people at the time, with Carl 'Butch' Small, Soopafly, and Stu Bullard doing keyboards and percussion.

Stu apparently has co-production credits on Blunt Tyme - the DR version. I asked him about it and Ghetto Fabulous and never got a response. Lol.

RhyanG

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2009, 01:36:18 AM »
pac hated gay dre, he never wanted to work with him

rollindown101

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2009, 01:36:33 AM »
Also.. Pac first heard 'Got My Mind Made Up' at Dre's Crib and Dre told Pac that was his beat.

Daz left the master over at Dre's Crib during the Dogg Food sessions which then became a Dogg Food leftover. This is when shit headed south.

Hence Pac's line on Watch Ya Mouth about Dre not doing a beat in 6 years... (haven't done a beat at Death Row)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 01:45:09 AM by soopapriest »

rollindown101

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2009, 01:39:52 AM »

Stu apparently has co-production credits on Blunt Tyme - the DR version. I asked him about it and Ghetto Fabulous and never got a response. Lol.

Too bad, he's definitely a talented producer. It would of sucked deciding whether to stay at Death Row or goto Aftermath back then especially as a producer.

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2009, 01:40:53 AM »

Too bad, he's definitely a talented producer. It would of sucked deciding whether to stay at Death Row or goto Aftermath back then especially as a producer.

Indeed, it's a shame his career never blossomed either afterward. I think Mel-Man and Bud'da got more props than he did.

Lucifuge

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2009, 01:45:15 AM »
did any one got "bury me a g" with dre beat,from some soundtrack..sum shit like that
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

The "Untouchable" DJR

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2009, 01:52:16 AM »

Can't C Me - Dogg Food leftover from the Dogg Pound, since Dre wasn't gonna use it and Pac liked it that was an easy one for Dre to give away. (is rumored to be a Helter Skelter song - though no evidence supports that)

If I'm not mistaken in an early 1994 Dr. Dre interview with some UK magazine they talk about the Helter Skelter album and Can't See Me is mentioned as one of the tracks on that album.

~Loyalty Is Everything~

rollindown101

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2009, 02:05:33 AM »

If I'm not mistaken in an early 1994 Dr. Dre interview with some UK magazine they talk about the Helter Skelter album and Can't See Me is mentioned as one of the tracks on that album.

Do you know the magazine? It would seem strange the track would get abandoned for that project and then done by the Dogg Pound so soon.

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2009, 02:43:18 AM »

The Nightmares thing isn't legit. Bud'da did that beat. Lol.

The "Untouchable" DJR

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2009, 04:57:21 AM »

Do you know the magazine? It would seem strange the track would get abandoned for that project and then done by the Dogg Pound so soon.

I was in the UK at that time when I read it but that was 15 years ago so I don't remember the name of that magazine.

My guess is when it became clear the Helter Skelter thing wasn't going to happen anytime soon Daz and Kurupt just laid their vocals down which had to be sometime during the first half of 95, the beat itself must have been made somewhere in late 93/very early 94 but I'm not 100% sure ofcourse.

~Loyalty Is Everything~