Author Topic: DUBCNN: Exclusive Interview With TWISTA! (MJ/Biggie/Kanye/Album and more)  (Read 1223 times)

jonathandubcnn

Take cover, Hurricane Twista has begun to impact. Like a massive tornado tearing through neighborhoods all across the land, Twista is bringing damage to the game with his new album, appropriately titled Category F5 (FYI: symbolic of the most catastrophic of all hurricanes).

This legendary emcee is at the eye of the storm, literally flooding the industry with his whirlwind flow. He’s raining down on the Billboard charts and hitting all cylinders with force — landing the Billboard #1 Rap album, #3 R&B album, #8 Pop album and the #1 Digital Amazon album. I guess we’re not in Kansas anymore.

We took a trip to the City of Angels for this Dubcnn exclusive interview by Jonathan Hay and Chad Kiser, where we talked about everything from Michael Jackson to Kanye West, Biggie to Static Major and much, much more.

So sound the alarm and find the nearest shelter, cause Twista is hitting your city like you’ve never seen before…and it doesn’t look like his path of destruction is coming to an end any time soon.

Exclusive Twista Interview

As always, hit me up on MySpace with your ideas, comments and thoughts, and be sure to leave feedback in our forums.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 12:07:58 AM by Rud »

jonathandubcnn

Re: DUBCNN EXCLUSIVE!!! TWISTA
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 04:04:29 PM »
 8)

Invincible

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2009, 05:13:15 PM »
Props for the interview.

But how can he name them mcs as his favourites and then go and release that piece of shit of an album?

love33

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2009, 07:17:37 PM »
the album was the best album of the year so far...bangin...i love the do or die track, akon track, and r kelly track...it's got a real chicago feel to it.  Nobody makes music like Twista and Do Or Die -- they have their own unique sound, just listen to the classics

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2009, 12:07:10 AM »
Props Jon!

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

Invincible

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2009, 04:11:18 AM »
the album was the best album of the year so far...bangin...i love the do or die track, akon track, and r kelly track...it's got a real chicago feel to it.  Nobody makes music like Twista and Do Or Die -- they have their own unique sound, just listen to the classics

You are joking right? Just because he's done some decent music in the past, doesn't mean that this album is dope. And for me there was no Chicago sound at all, just the typical southern sound that he has turned to.

Chad

Thanks Rud!
Resume: BBC / HipHopDX / TMZ / Billboard / XXL / LA Weekly / AFH // Ice Cube. MC Ren . Sir Jinx . DOC . Too Short . Fredwreck . DJ Jazzy Jeff

www.chadkiser.com
Twitter:  @chadmkiser
IG:  chadmkiser

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

love33

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2009, 04:03:58 PM »

You are joking right? Just because he's done some decent music in the past, doesn't mean that this album is dope. And for me there was no Chicago sound at all, just the typical southern sound that he has turned to.

the legendary traxster produced the whole album.  'yo body' is theclassic do or die/twista sound, wetter is the radio single, 'yellow light' is the r kelly chi-town sound, 'jump off' and 'hustlah' are all good tracks -- the album is good, give it a listen.  i dont see how anyone could not give this album props when musically it is on point.  traxster produced the traditional do or die/twista sound on many albums like 'mobstability' and the do or die classics.  check out the album 'pimpin aint dead' by do or die, it's one of the most slept on of all time.

Invincible

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2009, 04:24:42 PM »
the album was the best album of the year so far...bangin...i love the do or die track, akon track, and r kelly track...it's got a real chicago feel to it.  Nobody makes music like Twista and Do Or Die -- they have their own unique sound, just listen to the classics

the legendary traxster produced the whole album.  'yo body' is theclassic do or die/twista sound, wetter is the radio single, 'yellow light' is the r kelly chi-town sound, 'jump off' and 'hustlah' are all good tracks -- the album is good, give it a listen.  i dont see how anyone could not give this album props when musically it is on point.  traxster produced the traditional do or die/twista sound on many albums like 'mobstability' and the do or die classics.  check out the album 'pimpin aint dead' by do or die, it's one of the most slept on of all time.

I did give the album a listen. After 1 listen, it was deleted. Musically it was horrible. Auto-tune all over it to boot. Wetter was the only song i kept. Terrible album.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
Yes, the beginning of Kanye's references to Michael.

That was the look-forward-part of the song though so... :laugh:

DJ ACE CAPONE

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • An OG's OG
Good questions. I cruised over the Michael Jackson stuff, that wasn't needed but I love the questions of the past. I wish this album was as good as his earlier stuff.
New mixtape out weekly:

Listen to my mixtapes bitches! www.DJACEINTHEMIX.com

DJ ACE CAPONE

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • An OG's OG
Yellow Light is the shit!
New mixtape out weekly:

Listen to my mixtapes bitches! www.DJACEINTHEMIX.com

jonathandubcnn

... thanks for the feedback.  8)

Rud

• Kingdingaling