Author Topic: Was Pac really as overrated as they say??  (Read 1407 times)

NillerTheKid

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Was Pac really as overrated as they say??
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2009, 03:31:45 AM »
Me Against The World, All Eyez On Me, Makaveli, 2Pacalypse Now >>> insert any other four albums made by one artist.
AmeriKKKa's Most Wanted, Death Certificate, Predator, Lethal Injection
See these fans can't resist the rush,
they Wu-Tang for life
Scarred for life,
they can't forget the cuts

westside159

« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2009, 03:40:11 AM »
Overrated as who says ?  the notorious big fans ?  2 Pac is underrated . he was something special , not just a rapper but way more than that . when it comes to rap he has songs that you can feel and with passion period .

my fav Pac songs

Pain - off the above the rim soundtrack
Got my mind made up
So Many tears
Keep ya head up
Me against the world
Hold ya head
Pour out a little liqour
Death around the corner
Ambitiionz az a ridah
Picture me rollin
Blasphemy
Dear mama
Cali Luv - Album version not the mad max radio version
When We Ride

too many to name

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2009, 03:41:57 AM »
Pac will always be one of the best but his obsessive fans, who probably weren't old enough to listen to rap when he was alive, have come close to ruining his legacy with outlandish claims and theories.

Webby05

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2009, 03:44:38 AM »
Me Against The World, All Eyez On Me, Makaveli, 2Pacalypse Now >>> insert any other four albums made by one artist.

beat me to it! Ice Cubes Discography >>> 2pacs Discography

westside159

« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2009, 03:58:33 AM »

Your crazy , 2 Pac discography is much better than Cubes , Ice Cubes music sounds outdated when it comes to the stuff he made in the early 90's . and im a Cube fan . his albums are 2nd to Pacs

Invincible

« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2009, 04:24:20 AM »

Your crazy , 2 Pac discography is much better than Cubes , Ice Cubes music sounds outdated when it comes to the stuff he made in the early 90's . and im a Cube fan . his albums are 2nd to Pacs

Ok then, Illmatic, It Was Written, Stillmatic and God's Son (Lost Tapes over God's Son if you can count that as an album). If I had to choose any one of them sets, I would easily take Nas.

NillerTheKid

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2009, 05:28:38 AM »

Kool G Rap got 4 albums better than  those 4 Pac ones  ;D if you count the Polo stuff
See these fans can't resist the rush,
they Wu-Tang for life
Scarred for life,
they can't forget the cuts

Webby05

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2009, 08:05:15 AM »
The World is Yours, The Diary, Mr Scarface Is Back, My Homiez or The Fix >>> 2pacs

Im not bashing Pac though, IMO the Makaveli album is probably my fav rap album. But I find myself skipping tracks on his earlier albums

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2009, 09:02:56 AM »
Invincible & NillerTheKid, basically just proved the point that Tupac is clearly not overrated.

they named Ice Cube & Nas, two of the best rappers of all time, Tupac is right in the mix; add the impact of his music, his best songs vs. theirs & you have your greatest rapper of all time.

thread closed. ;)

Shango

« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2009, 10:06:39 AM »

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2009, 10:08:54 AM »
I was recently reading an article at thehuq.com. In it, they were examining 2pac's music and his impact on pop culture. Though they acknowledged his creativity, they dismissed him as being grossly overrated.

I want to know what are you all thoughts, not primarily on the article but on Pac being overrated. I mean I've recently heard "If there is a cure for this" (compliments of dubcc ofcourse) and personally I believe that it puts new artists like souljah boy, drake et al to shame. I mean these guys are just fooling around in the studio but the result is phenomenal. Props to snoop.

Nonetheless, check out the interview at http://www.thehuq.com/news00001.aspx and pitch your thoughts here.
maybe you should dig him up & ask him.

until then, sssssh.

svetYO

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2009, 11:03:07 AM »
2PAC SHAKUR IS the GREATEST RAP ARTIST EVER because he was so real.......Nobody can be like Pac, even a small part of what he was. Pac is an example for the true Man, the true Soulja......Everybody -Blacks, Whites, Latinos must have respect from Pac. He created the history of the real rap. I'm sure that some day kids will learn about Pac's life in schools.     R.I.P true Soulja
Thug for life High till' I die When em' stupid ass bitches ask why

Jimmy H.

« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2009, 11:45:21 AM »
Pac will always be one of the best but his obsessive fans, who probably weren't old enough to listen to rap when he was alive, have come close to ruining his legacy with outlandish claims and theories.
Exactly. I'd never try to discredit him as an artist. Like I said, he had a work rate that seemed inhuman. He made incredible music but the amount of people that think he was like the Jesus Christ of hip-hop is downright creepy and sickening. It has nothing to do with Pac. It's about these people who literally have built up to be bigger than life itself. To say that someone is the best ever and there will never be anyone that ever comes close is just an ignorant statement. A more honest way of saying it would be "I'm so obsessed with Pac that I will never be able to judge anyone else's music unbiasedly."

Overrated as who says ?  the notorious big fans ?  2 Pac is underrated . he was something special , not just a rapper but way more than that . when it comes to rap he has songs that you can feel and with passion period .
Underrated? Get out of here.

2PAC SHAKUR IS the GREATEST RAP ARTIST EVER because he was so real.......Nobody can be like Pac, even a small part of what he was. Pac is an example for the true Man, the true Soulja......Everybody -Blacks, Whites, Latinos must have respect from Pac. He created the history of the real rap. I'm sure that some day kids will learn about Pac's life in schools.     R.I.P true Soulja
  See this is the kind of shit I'm talking about. People take an iconic music figure and turn him into "the greatest human being who ever walked the Earth."

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2009, 11:52:49 AM »

Actually he is underrated in a perverse way. With so many people worshipping the Death Row era 2Pac and making him out to be a thugged-out Jesus, his deeper work from before that time gets overlooked.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2009, 12:00:54 PM »

Actually he is underrated in a perverse way. With so many people worshipping the Death Row era 2Pac and making him out to be a thugged-out Jesus, his deeper work from before that time gets overlooked.
I will agree that the bulk of his work/career tends to get overlooked in favor of his Death Row era stuff but I still wouldn't say he was underrated in that respect because his great but flawed albums from that time seemed to have become "classics" on the basis that he recorded them. "2Pacalypse Now" has suddenly become one of the greatest hip-hop debut albums ever when I would argue that if you remove the man's legacy from the table and judged the material strictly on its own merit, it wasn't even one of the top ten or fifteen debut albums of that decade. Of course, because it's Pac, it has to be.