Author Topic: Was Pac really as overrated as they say??  (Read 1409 times)

kyledonquan

• Lil Geezy
Was Pac really as overrated as they say??
« on: August 02, 2009, 03:27:53 PM »
I was recently reading an article at thehuq.com. In it, they were examining 2pac's music and his impact on pop culture. Though they acknowledged his creativity, they dismissed him as being grossly overrated.

I want to know what are you all thoughts, not primarily on the article but on Pac being overrated. I mean I've recently heard "If there is a cure for this" (compliments of dubcc ofcourse) and personally I believe that it puts new artists like souljah boy, drake et al to shame. I mean these guys are just fooling around in the studio but the result is phenomenal. Props to snoop.

Nonetheless, check out the interview at http://www.thehuq.com/news00001.aspx and pitch your thoughts here.

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
Re: Was Pac really as overrated as they say??
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2009, 03:35:47 PM »
No.
 Pac is damn near G.O.A.T.

Invincible

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2009, 03:40:01 PM »
Theres no doubt Pac's music puts all the new artists of todays music to shame, but I peronally think he's overrated. He definitely aint the GOAT as many people think.

Lucifuge

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2009, 03:54:47 PM »
Theres no doubt Pac's music puts all the new artists of todays music to shame, but I peronally think he's overrated. He definitely aint the GOAT as many people think.

same here...
he got some dope shit,but he's too much repetive
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2009, 04:15:25 PM »
Depends what you listen to hip-hop for.
Pac has more levels than most, IMO... He don't have the multi's & punches that most think = a "lyricist".
But IMO, Pac's words in song's ment for thought kill 99% of all multi/punchline rappers.
+ his music has longevity, even today decade plus into his death his songs still sound crisp.

I'm bias, Been down w/Pac since his introduction to me thru being a Digital Underground fan.
I have yet to see an artist since who's albums have got better as he progressed thru his career.
(2Pacalypse Now - Makaveli: The Don Killuminati/The 7 Day Theory)

Overrated, maybe only if you were introduced to him after '96.
(Then you were spoon fed, But many of us already had him up there regardless.)

Death just forced most.

outlaw77

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2009, 04:23:46 PM »
so many people just dont realize that being the greatest rap ARTIST doesnt necessarily mean your the greatest lyricist . 2PAC SHAKUR IS the GREATEST RAP ARTIST EVER because
1. he was GREAT on the mic [ vocally , lyrically , delivery ]
2. rapped about real life issues from EVERY angle [everyday folk , political , etc] FAR more than any other hardcore rapper
3. his image [ i DARE someone to pretend this isnt important or not looked upon] was second to none
4. pacs legion of followers will NEVER be matched , without question the most BELOVED RAPPER EVER
5. SHOT A COP [this speaks for itself , his outlaw status was forever sealed after this ]
6. probably the most interesting upbringing EVER for a rap artist [background story is VERY important]
7. wasnt scared to speak his mind on ANY situation or individual for fear of being blackballed [even BEFORE he REALLY blew up]
8. how many blacks have you seen fully tatted up before pac? how many german cross tats have you seen since pac's ? [trends]
9. the way he died and all the strange situations and theories and coincidences [yes this definitely counts]

i could actually go on and on but my point is that we have to realize that being a great ARTIST is a mixture and combination of many different things . and with that being said i feel that 2PAC SHAKUR IS THE GREATEST RAPPER EVER     

outlaw77

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2009, 04:32:09 PM »
to further back my point take eminem for example . em is EASILY one of if not THE GREATEST LYRICIST EVER , but if he passed tomorrow what would he be remembered as ? a white man that defied the odds and became a great rapper , nothing else . . he would be all but forgotten in 2 years tops . take biggie who has been stuffed down our throats as THEE GREATEST RAPPER EVER [which is VERY VERY debatable] . . . his passing generated NOWHERE NEAR the shockwaves throughout the world that pac's did . BUT if he had all of the qualities that i listed that pac had . . . TOTALLY different story .     

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2009, 04:41:23 PM »
no, Biggie fans made that shit up & it caught on to a serious question.

Pac has 4 classic albums lmao.

outlaw77

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2009, 04:41:51 PM »
lol and my last point to back my opinion is that of an ARTIST vs LYRICIST . what does being the best lyricist mean if you pick wack beats , features , hooks , and or subject matter for your album ? i'll tell you . . NOTHING . a great ARTIST is well rounded , knows what he sounds good rapping on , next to , and about so when his album drops its FIRE . a lyricist drops an album that is lyrically great but everything else may be way off course so in the end even though he rips most of the album it is still OVERRALL wack . being a great artist is FAR more important than being a great lyricist . yet again why i say HELL NO 2PAC SHAKUR wasnt overrated , he was the GREATEST RAP ARTIST EVER . thanks for reading .      

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2009, 05:16:53 PM »
Depends what you listen to hip-hop for.
Pac has more levels than most, IMO... He don't have the multi's & punches that most think = a "lyricist".
But IMO, Pac's words in song's ment for thought kill 99% of all multi/punchline rappers.
+ his music has longevity, even today decade plus into his death his songs still sound crisp.

I'm bias, Been down w/Pac since his introduction to me thru being a Digital Underground fan.
I have yet to see an artist since who's albums have got better as he progressed thru his career.
(2Pacalypse Now - Makaveli: The Don Killuminati/The 7 Day Theory)

Overrated, maybe only if you were introduced to him after '96.
(Then you were spoon fed, But many of us already had him up there regardless.)

Death just forced most.

[/Thread]

That's really what it's about...only these newcomers who got introduced to Rap by Eminem say STUPID shit like you hear about Pac.

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2009, 05:17:24 PM »
lol and my last point to back my opinion is that of an ARTIST vs LYRICIST . what does being the best lyricist mean if you pick wack beats , features , hooks , and or subject matter for your album ? i'll tell you . . NOTHING . a great ARTIST is well rounded , knows what he sounds good rapping on , next to , and about so when his album drops its FIRE . a lyricist drops an album that is lyrically great but everything else may be way off course so in the end even though he rips most of the album it is still OVERRALL wack . being a great artist is FAR more important than being a great lyricist . yet again why i say HELL NO 2PAC SHAKUR wasnt overrated , he was the GREATEST RAP ARTIST EVER . thanks for reading .      

You got it

JD Bastin

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2009, 05:22:42 PM »
2pac was the best

case closed

OG Snoopaveli

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2009, 05:32:26 PM »

Al Bundy

« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2009, 05:33:11 PM »
he was dope, but no greatest of all time.

JD Bastin

« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2009, 05:50:06 PM »
he was dope, but no greatest of all time.

who wuz better then Pac, Gucci Mane?